Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
Okie dokie! I told her this but now she's already wanting all of them but Mood! Dustin Hunter's blog/video helped out for sure!

Heh heh, they are addictive, she should beware. I have my eyes on Luminous next, which is really about as dark as I can go, even when tanned. I'll grab Ethereal eventually as well, but I just have more white highlighters than I need right at the moment.

brittbby

:agree:  I actually find they reduce my pores as well, but if you find the opposite, then there's no point in hanging on to something that you don't like. The only advice I would give is to try to buff them a bit after application, which might help, but you shouldn't feel obliged to hang onto something expensive that doesn't work for you.  Heh heh, they are addictive, she should beware. I have my eyes on Luminous next, which is really about as dark as I can go, even when tanned. I'll grab Ethereal eventually as well, but I just have more white highlighters than I need right at the moment. 
These suck you in. I had four before I knew it. Lol... Hugh. One more and I'm done... Ill only have almost all the collection....

PixieDancer

Mood: this one is a little tricky... It's essentially a blush with two layers....used really delicately,.. I can use this on the highpoints of my cheeks to bring a little life to my face. I have quite an olive complexion so this helps to brighten my face, as it can sometimes look a bit sallow. I definitely wouldn't use this one all over my face because it has quite a bit of color and would just make my whole face look pink. I think deeper skin tones could use this all over their face to really brighten up their complexion.
Thanks for the awesome feedback sweetie.... I think I'm going to start with Dim & Luminous. Dim for an all over powder and Luminous for a highlight.
Then Radiant and Mood will be #'s 3 & 4 on my list. Radiant sounds like more of a bronzer-type color for us. And I just got 2 BU's of my fav bronzer, MAC Sun Dipped. So I'm set for bronzer-ish colors for now... but will get Radiant soon (after my initial 2) just off your "GLOWING" recommendation! HeeHee (pun intended)

danirn16

Thanks for the awesome feedback sweetie.... I think I'm going to start with Dim & Luminous. Dim for an all over powder and Luminous for a highlight.
Then Radiant and Mood will be #'s 3 & 4 on my list. Radiant sounds like more of a bronzer-type color for us. And I just got 2 BU's of my fav bronzer, MAC Sun Dipped. So I'm set for bronzer-ish colors for now... but will get Radiant soon (after my initial 2) just off your "GLOWING" recommendation! HeeHee (pun intended)
I am NC20-25 and I have the two you chose. My only recommendation is to start by applying Dim lightly across the forehead and to the cheeks as if you were applying blush/contour. You can build up and/or blend from there. I find it I use it all over it changes the color of my foundation. I'm so excited when people get these. I love them!!!

PixieDancer

I am NC20-25 and I have the two you chose. My only recommendation is to start by applying Dim lightly across the forehead and to the cheeks as if you were applying blush/contour. You can build up and/or blend from there. I find it I use it all over it changes the color of my foundation. I'm so excited when people get these. I love them!!!
Great tip!! Thanks! VERY helpful sweetie!

califabulous

Have you bought any of them yet? Dim seems to be the go to brown girl friendly of the bunch.

I have been looking up swatches for months-Dim is definitely one that I am getting. which seems to look great on most especially if they don't over do it! A friend of mine is wanting these too(finally) so we are trying to decide what would be best for asian nc35 skintone. She wants both Dim and Radiant, will those work?
I finally picked up DIM. Just got it last week. I don't know what it's doing but I like. it. I have been trying to 'capture it" on camera but can't seem to see it well. I do feel like it blurs and brightens....which is awesome. But my oil is out of control so not sure if it's best for my skin. I'm definitely checking for increased pore visibility. I just have to try some different combos in terms of primers/moisturizers as I have been wearing it alone sans foundation but with blush and contour....

katred

Specktra Bestie
Made a rare "impulse" purchase today- actually not much of an impulse at all, since I've been wanting it for a while, but I got Hourglass "Nocturnal" lipstick. More of a Fall colour, but also the kind of shade I tend to wear a lot. I can see this one getting tons of use.

katred

Specktra Bestie
This Fall, Hourglass brings us... nude lip pencils.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/07/hourglass-femme-nude-lip-stylo-for-fall-2013.html

Nude lips can turn corpse-y on me in a hurry and I'm not in love with pencil lipsticks as a rule (other than Nars Satin ones), but I think that these will suit a lot of people.

Liz2012

This Fall, Hourglass brings us... nude lip pencils.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/07/hourglass-femme-nude-lip-stylo-for-fall-2013.html

Nude lips can turn corpse-y on me in a hurry and I'm not in love with pencil lipsticks as a rule (other than Nars Satin ones), but I think that these will suit a lot of people.
Thanks for sharing Katred, the pencils look lovely
love.gif
In my country they don't sell Hourglass, but i'm going to London the second weekend of september. Definitely gonna check these pencils out, and the Ambient Lighting Powders too of course. Any other Hourglass products you feel are worth checking out? Thanks in advance :)

MACina

I received my first Houglass goodie today
pompom.gif

The Ambient Powder in Mood Light
eyelove.gif

Cannot wait to play with it.So far I have only swatched it on my arm and it feels and looks gorgeous!

Liz2012

I received my first Houglass goodie today
pompom.gif

The Ambient Powder in Mood Light
eyelove.gif

Cannot wait to play with it.So far I have only swatched it on my arm and it feels and looks gorgeous!
Nice, enjoy!
pompom.gif

I'm considering Mood Light as well, along with Diffused Light and Dim Light, still need to choose.
Please let me know what you think of the powder once you've tried it out :)

MACina

Thank you, Liz!

I still have Ethereal Light on my list and will get this one soon.
Nice, enjoy!
pompom.gif

I'm considering Mood Light as well, along with Diffused Light and Dim Light, still need to choose.
Please let me know what you think of the powder once you've tried it out :)

Debbs

In most cases, I do stick to one brand (Mac) with a very and I mean very few variations when it comes to mascaras and brow products. I have been attempting to find the perfect brow pencil since they changed the Anastasia formula on the one I used to use. I have Mac's Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline and just used up my Spike pencil which I have had forever. I decided to go to Sephora to see what else I could find that is simple to use but really accentuate my brows. My technique still have a lot of areas of improvement. I ended up getting the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculping Pencil. It is a bit pricey ($32) I think compared to everything else that I have tried. I am very satisfied with the results even though I hate the price. Has anyone else tried this pencil? It also has a brush on one end. The package is very shiny,nice and well put together. I think I would defintely get it again as it does make a major difference! I alternate using it with other products to ensure that it will last me for a long time.

MACina

I used Mood Light and loveeeeeeeee it
eyelove.gif

It feels so nice on the skin and the glow is divine
th_e2cloud9.gif

The glow is "there" but it is not too much....just the right amount!

I am definitely getting Ethereal Light too!!!

CarlaSouza

I was wondering if anybody can help me. I am super interessed in buying Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation but Ill have to do it online and that wont allowed me to return if the color is wrong so does anybody know a good color match to someone who wears Guerlain Lingirie de Peau in 3 ?
Thanks in advance!

brittbby

In most cases, I do stick to one brand (Mac) with a very and I mean very few variations when it comes to mascaras and brow products. I have been attempting to find the perfect brow pencil since they changed the Anastasia formula on the one I used to use. I have Mac's Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline and just used up my Spike pencil which I have had forever. I decided to go to Sephora to see what else I could find that is simple to use but really accentuate my brows. My technique still have a lot of areas of improvement. I ended up getting the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculping Pencil. It is a bit pricey ($32) I think compared to everything else that I have tried. I am very satisfied with the results even though I hate the price. Has anyone else tried this pencil? It also has a brush on one end. The package is very shiny,nice and well put together. I think I would defintely get it again as it does make a major difference! I alternate using it with other products to ensure that it will last me for a long time.
Yes! I love their brow pencil! It's so travel friendly and gives such a natural brow look!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a first review of the Nude pencils... Good points, but I still don't know if I'm sold on the whole nude lip thing.

http://www.thenonblonde.com/2013/07/hourglass-femme-nude-lip-stylo-nude-no-6.html#.UflnBayO5hs

Liz2012

I'm glad you like it so much! :) Think i will check out Diffused Light and Mood Light first then. I kinda want Dim as well, but that one can wait.
i have a question tho, what brush did you use with the powder?

MACina

I have used several brushes so far....MAC 136,150 and 134.And I think that 136 is my fave out of these 3.
But I still want to play with other brushes as well.
I'm glad you like it so much! :) Think i will check out Diffused Light and Mood Light first then. I kinda want Dim as well, but that one can wait.
i have a question tho, what brush did you use with the powder?

Latest posts