Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have used several brushes so far....MAC 136,150 and 134.And I think that 136 is my fave out of these 3.
But I still want to play with other brushes as well.
I habitually use my Mac 150, although I don't have either the 136 or the 134. (MACina- is it worth getting the 134 if I already have the 150? I'm kind of tempted, since I use highlighters and finishing powders more now, but I'm not certain.)

And in unrelated news... Karen from MUBB has swatches of the Nude lip pencils:

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/hourglass-femme-nude-lip-stylos/

MACina

I think that you can' t compare these brushes....the 134 is softer and also bigger than the 150.
I love the 134 particularly for loose powders but did also try it for Mood Light.I' d say that the result is softer with
the 134 than using the 136 or the 150.
I habitually use my Mac 150, although I don't have either the 136 or the 134. (MACina- is it worth getting the 134 if I already have the 150? I'm kind of tempted, since I use highlighters and finishing powders more now, but I'm not certain.)
And in unrelated news... Karen from MUBB has swatches of the Nude lip pencils:

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/hourglass-femme-nude-lip-stylos/

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think that you can' t compare these brushes....the 134 is softer and also bigger than the 150.
I love the 134 particularly for loose powders but did also try it for Mood Light.I' d say that the result is softer with
the 134 than using the 136 or the 150.
Thanks for the comparison. I have a feeling I'll be bringing a 134 home eventually.

I had sort of an Hourglass day today. I'd been wearing nude makeup all week, so I decided to crack out Raven lipstick. Such an awesome, powerful shade. I also wore my Diffused Light, which I think might be my favourite of the Ambient Lighting Powders.

cocotears

has anyone tried the femme nude lip stylos? did you like them? were they worth the money? also, any suggestions on which one would look the best on nc45 skin?

shontay07108

has anyone tried the femme nude lip stylos? did you like them? were they worth the money? also, any suggestions on which one would look the best on nc45 skin?
Me, me, me. I was too lazy to write a post before. I tracked them down and bought the last #6. I'm NC45 in Mac and I love the pencil. It's scent and taste free and the color is very natural and flattering. I'm actually interested in trying #5, but when I swatched them all I felt #6 was perfect for the nude look they intended. Also, I want to rave about the brow pencil. It is the best. I'm saying goodbye to Anastasia. I loved Anastasia, but this Hourglass pencil is fantastic. The spoolie is actually soft and useful, the color of the pencil is perfect and I can get my brows together in two seconds.

cocotears

Me, me, me. I was too lazy to write a post before. I tracked them down and bought the last #6. I'm NC45 in Mac and I love the pencil. It's scent and taste free and the color is very natural and flattering. I'm actually interested in trying #5, but when I swatched them all I felt #6 was perfect for the nude look they intended. Also, I want to rave about the brow pencil. It is the best. I'm saying goodbye to Anastasia. I loved Anastasia, but this Hourglass pencil is fantastic. The spoolie is actually soft and useful, the color of the pencil is perfect and I can get my brows together in two seconds.
thanks! what was the finish like for you? also, does the tip wear down or is there a way you can sharpen it? if its not too much trouble, could you post some pics please? i'm really interested in trying one. sorry for all the questions!

shontay07108

thanks! what was the finish like for you? also, does the tip wear down or is there a way you can sharpen it? if its not too much trouble, could you post some pics please? i'm really interested in trying one. sorry for all the questions!
It's kinda satin with a bit of sheen. There's no shimmer, but it's not matte. All you have to do is twist the bottom of the pencil. No need for a sharpener. Here's a pic:

cocotears

It's kinda satin with a bit of sheen. There's no shimmer, but it's not matte. All you have to do is twist the bottom of the pencil. No need for a sharpener. Here's a pic:
thanks for your help! it looks great on you! i'm definitely going to try and find it around me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Looks like we'll be getting an Ambient Lighting Palette either in the Spring or before:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/09/hourglass-cosmetics-polly-osmond-for.html

I can't for certain, but the picture looks like it might be made up of existing shades. I'm curious to see. Those little powders have been among my most-used items of the year.

brittbby

Looks like we'll be getting an Ambient Lighting Palette either in the Spring or before: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/09/hourglass-cosmetics-polly-osmond-for.html I can't for certain, but the picture looks like it might be made up of existing shades. I'm curious to see. Those little powders have been among my most-used items of the year.
Ahhhh! That makes me very excited!!! It does look like luminous, mood, and radiant. I own 2 of the 3 and love them... But I'm a sucker for palettes, so I will definitely pick it up!

Teger

That palette is available for preorder at Barneys. It's $58.

Included is a new shade and two existing,
NEW Incadescent Light
An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
Dim Light
A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections.
Radiant Light
A sun-kissed golden beige powder that adds warmth.

MACina

That palette is available for preorder at Barneys. It's $58.

Included is a new shade and two existing,
NEW Incadescent Light
An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
Dim Light
A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections.
Radiant Light
A sun-kissed golden beige powder that adds warmth.
Thank you, Teger!

I would love to have the new shade but have no need for the other 2.So it makes no sense for me to get the palette.

Will Incadescent Light be available individually too?

admmgz

Thank you, Teger! I would love to have the new shade but have no need for the other 2.So it makes no sense for me to get the palette. Will Incadescent Light be available individually too?
I sure hope they make it individually too! I have 5 out of 6 of them currently & I don't wanna have to buy the palette just for the brand new one

MACina

I sure hope they make it individually too! I have 5 out of 6 of them currently & I don't wanna have to buy the palette just for the brand new one

Same here
iagree.gif

I only have one so far and will get the second soon but I don' t want to pay for shades I can' t use
nope.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm wondering how the size of the palette compares to the size of the individual powders. The retail price doesn't seem to be that much higher, so I'm assuming that these must be a fair amount smaller. Then again, Hourglass normally doesn't skimp on the quantity of product they offer.