Hourglass Cosmetics

ChosenOne

Luminous & Dim were the ones I had narrowed it down to in my mind... just wanted to hear if I was on the right track. Your post confirms it! I think I'll start with one or both of those. Thanks so much!
No problem!! Do please tell us what you think of them (because I have a feeling you'll go for both, lol) once you've gotten them... I really think you'll be in love!

PixieDancer

No problem!! Do please tell us what you think of them (because I have a feeling you'll go for both, lol) once you've gotten them... I really think you'll be in love!
I'll probably "try" to hold out until a Sephora sale roles around... unless I fall into the store by "accident" and can't help but "need" them on the spot! LOL I'm trying to spend a little more time with all my new goodies that have piled up! SOOOOO much untouched! I got the new Nars Reflecting Powder and have a TON of highlighters... so I will try and hold out for a sale. But they are on my wishlist now, and I will let you know when I grab one... or two... or three! Heehee Thanks again for the help ChosenOne!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Luminous & Dim were the ones I had narrowed it down to in my mind... just wanted to hear if I was on the right track. Your post confirms it! I think I'll start with one or both of those. Thanks so much!
If you need any further validation, I think those would both work very well on you. Dim would be more subtle, but I think it would be absolutely gorgeous against your skin tone and would give you a very glowy look overall. Luminous would be just a tiny bit deeper, enough to make you look sunkissed but not bronzed.

PixieDancer

If you need any further validation, I think those would both work very well on you. Dim would be more subtle, but I think it would be absolutely gorgeous against your skin tone and would give you a very glowy look overall. Luminous would be just a tiny bit deeper, enough to make you look sunkissed but not bronzed.
Well that seals the deal! Katred and ChosenOne APPROVED is enough for me! Thanks so much!!

califabulous

I am have oily/combo skin and I don't want this product to make me look more oily. Also am 12 in MUFE f&body, btwn nc45/nc50 and nars Macao. I looked at dim and diffused and diffused seemed to have a bit more sparkle. I'm mainly looking for the soft focus finish and to use for touch ups after blotting. Does anyone think this is worth the splurge or should I just stick to my nars LRP? Or go with luminous as a go to Cheek highlight (you know, if I just have to have it)? Lol TIA. !!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think either Dim or Diffused would look lovely on you. Diffused would definitely brighten your features. It isn't a heavy enough powder that it would be ashy, but it would definitely give a lightness to your face overall. Personally, I think that Dim would be absolutely gorgeous on your skin, especially for summer. It would bring out the warmth and make you look glowy and healthy. Either way, I'd say that these two shades are the most versatile and you'd be safe/ happy with either...

Teger

Bought their retractable kabuki and love it. Great with chanel bronze universal/bronzing makeup base. Doesn't shed and exceptionally soft.

Also tried their Immaculate liquid to powder foundation in Pearl. It's okay. The finish is (surprise) very powdery, which will be good for this hot hot heat... but on an everyday basis I like to glow and the finish does make you look a little lifeless imho. Will have to try fix+'ing it.

brittbby

OK... I want in on this!  HeeHee Any recs for the Ambient Powders for NC30/35!?  Thanks in advance! 
I have 4 of these now...oops lol... And I'm the same shade range... So here's my little breakdown Luminous: I wouldn't say this gives my coloring (NC30/35) a lot of color ... It more gives my face a really healthy glow. I tend to use this all over because I have more dry skin so this really makes my face look Healthy...I've seen others use it specifically as a more natural highlight/glow on certain parts of their face Radiant: this is probably my favorite... This definitely gives my face a sunkissed glow...I lurvve it... I use it around my forehead, cheeks, and nose and its beautifullllll Ethereal: I actually use this a lot under my eye area.... It basically just makes my under eyes really soft and gives them a really angelic look lol...if that makes sense...I tend to use this also in the center of my face to just soften and create an all over glow... Mood: this one is a little tricky... It's essentially a blush with two layers....used really delicately,.. I can use this on the highpoints of my cheeks to bring a little life to my face. I have quite an olive complexion so this helps to brighten my face, as it can sometimes look a bit sallow. I definitely wouldn't use this one all over my face because it has quite a bit of color and would just make my whole face look pink. I think deeper skin tones could use this all over their face to really brighten up their complexion.

powderprincess

I finally picked up diffused light and so far I love it. It seems like it will be the most versatile for NC25. I have luminous and mood light that I haven't been wearing often enough. Love the packaging too.

smooch3s

I just bought Dim and so far I love it. I plan on using it tomorrow and see how it holds up during the work day. I'm NC 30/35, Vitalumiere 40 Beige, and this is the perfect finishing powder. It blurs my lines and imperfections. Hope this works out. Fingers crossed!

Richelle83

I think either Dim or Diffused would look lovely on you. Diffused would definitely brighten your features. It isn't a heavy enough powder that it would be ashy, but it would definitely give a lightness to your face overall. Personally, I think that Dim would be absolutely gorgeous on your skin, especially for summer. It would bring out the warmth and make you look glowy and healthy. Either way, I'd say that these two shades are the most versatile and you'd be safe/ happy with either...
I have been looking up swatches for months-Dim is definitely one that I am getting. which seems to look great on most especially if they don't over do it! A friend of mine is wanting these too(finally) so we are trying to decide what would be best for asian nc35 skintone. She wants both Dim and Radiant, will those work?

brittbby

Have you bought any of them yet? Dim seems to be the go to brown girl friendly of the bunch. I have been looking up swatches for months-Dim is definitely one that I am getting. which seems to look great on most especially if they don't over do it! A friend of mine is wanting these too(finally) so we are trying to decide what would be best for asian nc35 skintone. She wants both Dim and Radiant, will those work? 
I'm NC35 and olive and I loveeeeeeeee radiant. I want to pick up dim as my last one. I will then literally own 5 of 6. The only one I don't want is the peachy one... Peachy and olive... No thanks hahah

danirn16

Mood: this one is a little tricky... It's essentially a blush with two layers....used really delicately,.. I can use this on the highpoints of my cheeks to bring a little life to my face. I have quite an olive complexion so this helps to brighten my face, as it can sometimes look a bit sallow. I definitely wouldn't use this one all over my face because it has quite a bit of color and would just make my whole face look pink. I think deeper skin tones could use this all over their face to really brighten up their complexion.
Thanks for the great descriptions. I own Dim and Luminous and LOVE them!!! I've already have a dip in Dim. I'm NC20-25 and it brings the best warmth (not orange) color to my skin. I only apply it to my forehead and cheekbones/hollow area of my cheeks. Luminous is one of the prettiest, most natural highlighters I have ever tried. I've been wanting Radiant for so long but need to use up some of my current bronzers before I can justify it!

brittbby

Thanks for the great descriptions.  I own Dim and Luminous and LOVE them!!!  I've already have a dip in Dim. I'm NC20-25 and it brings the best warmth (not orange) color to my skin. I only apply it to my forehead and cheekbones/hollow area of my cheeks.  Luminous is one of the prettiest, most natural highlighters I have ever tried.  I've been wanting Radiant for so long but need to use up some of my current bronzers before I can justify it!
You'll love it! These were my first hourglass products and now I'm obsessed with them...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Have you bought any of them yet? Dim seems to be the go to brown girl friendly of the bunch.

I have been looking up swatches for months-Dim is definitely one that I am getting. which seems to look great on most especially if they don't over do it! A friend of mine is wanting these too(finally) so we are trying to decide what would be best for asian nc35 skintone. She wants both Dim and Radiant, will those work?
Yes, I think that both of those would look good. Radiant will give more of a sun-kissed look whereas Dim will be a subtle glow. I think that Dim is versatile enough to work on a wide variety of skin tones, which is probably why it seems to be the most popular shade (at least at my Sephoras).

sunshine817

they are really nice powder but some how it makes my pores look large. does anyone have the same problem? i'm not sure if i want to keep them. i'm thinking to return it. i have it in 3 shade- mood, luminous, and diffused. i do see the glow but i don't like how my pores are more noticeable.

brittbby

they are really nice powder but some how it makes my pores look large. does anyone have the same problem? i'm not sure if i want to keep them. i'm thinking to return it. i have it in 3 shade- mood, luminous, and diffused. i do see the glow but i don't like how my pores are more noticeable. 
Wow that's surprising to hear. I could see luminous doing that possibly because it has a glowing effect but honestly that hasn't happened to me. Quite the opposite actually, they seem the blur pores and imperfections. If you don't like them, I would definitely try selling them or returning them considering the cost!

Richelle83

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

Yes, I think that both of those would look good. Radiant will give more of a sun-kissed look whereas Dim will be a subtle glow. I think that Dim is versatile enough to work on a wide variety of skin tones, which is probably why it seems to be the most popular shade (at least at my Sephoras).

Okie dokie! I told her this but now she's already wanting all of them but Mood! Dustin Hunter's blog/video helped out for sure!

Latest posts