How about honest reviews in here?

Willa

What do you guys think about starting a thread, where we'd post pictures of FOTD's or looks we did on models (pro pictures or not) and we could all be honest between each other?

I think this section being more for the industry, it would be a nice place to do it, what do you all think?

I often ask for constructive criticism, but I also want honest comments, no fairy tales, rainbows and butterflies. I want real honesty and I need you guys to help me achieve my goal : become a pro.

So... is it a good idea?

graucho.gif
choochoo.gif

Edited, I added ideas and more info :

Btw I am not judging the FOTD section because I think it's a good way for girls who havent done it (showing their FOTD's) to start.

But, I need more. I need good criticism, I don't need bad and judgemental comments, but comments to help me improve my techniques. I wouldnt want this thread to become as mean as the Livejournal's I've seen... They are MEAN, that is not helping someone.
winks.gif

I don't know really how to say it...
th_confused_new.gif

I don't really want to start a second FOTD section meant for CC, so if you still want CC and you are doing FOTD only on yourself and do not intend to become a MUA or work in the industry, maybe you should continue to post in the existing FOTD section and ask for it. I'm sure that time passing by, people will reply to your demand (CC) more and more... I know I will... I already do when people ask for it.

Believe me, it's not to be taken personnal or anything, I just don't want to go in another direction of what Janice started with the FOTD section, wich is sharing your FOTD with everyone on Specktra.

As it's only at it's beginning, I'm doing this ''poll'' just to see if people who work/will work in the industry would like a thread like this.

Any comment, suggestions, ideas girls?

Again, don't be mad at me please

MissResha

its an awesome idea

for those who have thick skin.

and from what i've seen, not too many ppl have that lol. sadly. but then again, detecting sarcasm and whatnot online is hard for some people.

i say do it, but only people who are looking for criticism need apply

Shadowy Lady

i'm in! I want to get better too and I'm thinking about freelancing. I think this thread will help. Who's gonna go first?

Willa

Btw I am not judging the FOTD section because I think it's a good way for girls who havent done it (showing their FOTD's) to start.

But, I need more. I need good criticism, I don't need bad and judgemental comments, but comments to help me improve my techniques. I wouldnt want this thread to become as mean as the Livejournal's I've seen... They are MEAN, that is not helping someone...
winks.gif

mdjmsj

I agree-I'd love true CC to help me perfect my technique. I may not be a MUA but I'm always eager to learn something new and to improve the way I apply my own makeup. I'm for it!

User38

I love the idea, I just have technical issues when I try to post on here..lol. But would love to join!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I love the idea, I just have technical issues when I try to post on here..lol. But would love to join!

You can post a link if you want, instead of pics!
yes.gif

Willa

I don't know really how to say it...
th_confused_new.gif

I don't really want to start a second FOTD section meant for CC, so if you still want CC and you are doing FOTD only on yourself and do not intend to become a MUA or work in the industry, maybe you should continue to post in the existing FOTD section and ask for it. I'm sure that time passing by, people will reply to your demand (CC) more and more... I know I will... I already do when people ask for it.

Believe me, it's not to be taken personnal or anything, I just don't want to go in another direction of what Janice started with the FOTD section, wich is sharing your FOTD with everyone on Specktra.

As it's only at it's beginning, I'm doing this ''poll'' just to see if people who work/will work in the industry would like a thread like this.

Any comment, suggestions, ideas girls?

Again, don't be mad at me please
winks.gif

purrtykitty

I think that's a great idea, especially if it stays in the Industry section. That way there is a clear division between the regular FOTD forum and this one for those needing more honest feedback.

The new forum should probably have a warning or at least some rules/instructions so as to prevent it from getting too out of control, though.

Boasorte

let's do it! I think CC is best for ALL ppl, pro or not.

I like getting compliments when I post an FOTD, but I would like to know what can be blended better, what colour will work with what, etc you know what I'm saying?
I am not a MUA (yet) but I think it would be wise for someone like me who wants to freelance would love input on other professionals, especially when I do a face that I' not used to, whether it be skin tone, skin type, ya know?

But it should be clear that the new thread is for that purpose only!!!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I think that's a great idea, especially if it stays in the Industry section. That way there is a clear division between the regular FOTD forum and this one for those needing more honest feedback.

The new forum should probably have a warning or at least some rules/instructions so as to prevent it from getting too out of control, though.

I would def. write rules for it, if I may do it (not a moderator or advisor, but still I'm here often enough to be checking on it).
smiles.gif

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
let's do it! I think CC is best for ALL ppl, pro or not, I like getting compliments when I post an FOTD I would like what can be blended better, what colour will work with what, etc you know what I'm saying?

I get what you say, but it would be meant for people in the industry

As I said, if you are doing FOTD only for yourself, you could still ask for CC and I would def. give it to anyone who ask for it, as I always do. We just need to change the whole situation a little so people actually leave CC when we ask for it... I don't know
th_dunno.gif

nichollecaren

maybe u could call it a critique forum, where compliments are left out? or you could stipulate that the photo must be of someone other than the poster? just some random ideas

Shimmer

CC is hard to moderate, because sometimes I see people offer honest suggestions for something that would definitely benefit the look, while maintaining a really sincere and helpful tone, and the OP gets butthurt anyway and wants moderation and banz0r because the poster didn't just give a compliment.

I hate that the FOTD section is so afraid of offering honestly helpful suggestions. :/

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
CC is hard to moderate, because sometimes I see people offer honest suggestions for something that would definitely benefit the look, while maintaining a really sincere and helpful tone, and the OP gets butthurt anyway and wants moderation and banz0r because the poster didn't just give a compliment.

I hate that the FOTD section is so afraid of offering honestly helpful suggestions. :/

Me too, because sometimes I would love to help, but the girls don't ask for CC...
I know they are beginners... but I'm dying to help
lol.gif

I know CC is hard to moderate, but in a section like this one, and people knowing what it'd be meant for, I'm sure it wouldnt end in a crisis, we're adult arent we? I would NEVER be mean commenting on someone's skills, EVER.
winks.gif