How can you tell if he likes you?

christina83

hey everyone,
A month ago me and my fiance broke up. Ive been really upset by it, but Im making a recovery now, I think he was cheating but have no proof, oh well...
Anyway the thing is im back on the market and kinda fancy (well Really fancy) a guy from work, I think he likes me but Im not really sure, I cant remember those all important flirting signs.
I'll tell you how he acts towards me though, Um if he walks in a room we both catch eachothers eyes, he teases me alot e.g he brought a bunch of flowers upto me and said they were for me, and i knew they werent,(as I was still with my fiance at the time) and I told him to get lost and he laughed his head off and I asked who they were really for and they were for his mother. Anyway he compliments my work alot, gives me jobs to do with paint work and artistic things because he knows I love art and interior design.
Um hes done a few things but I can never really tell if someone likes me! I do feel abit of chemistry when we are together though and hes quite shy and so am I.
I was just wondering if anyone knows any sure signs of attraction?
Thanks
Christina XxXxXXX
wavey.gif

christina83

Hes the assistant manager, but its all pretty informal where I work.
Im a Concession manager there, so I'm pretty much in charge of myself, I just have an area manager that comes to see me now and then.
One of the girls is dating the Manager and everyone kinda dates eachother there.
Hmm think that makes sense...

christina83

Yeah he knows Im single now, he told my friend at work he was worried what to say to me when he found out I'd split from my ex! hes also single and looking.
Hes always joking and teasing me and we always seem to catch eachothers eye when one of us walks in the room.
I was attracted to him before me and my fiance split, but tried to ignore it.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

guys are tricky..

theres nothing wrong with a little subtle flirting to see if he catches on.

Dont make the first move though. let him do it.

christina83

Hehe I wont come onto him first, you've got to give men abit of a challenge.
Um would you say the way he acts with me is flirty though? or showing interest?
I know no one can tell without actually seeing it, but i was wondering if teasing and complimenting were tell tale signs?
Im no good when it comes to telling whether a man likes me, and Im no good at flirting either.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina83
Hehe I wont come onto him first, you've got to give men abit of a challenge.
Um would you say the way he acts with me is flirty though? or showing interest?
I know no one can tell without actually seeing it, but i was wondering if teasing and complimenting were tell tale signs?
Im no good when it comes to telling whether a man likes me, and Im no good at flirting either.

usually guys wont tease or compliment lady's they don't have any interest in.. and when they do you can TELL they are just being polite.

the whole eye contact thing is pretty Key too

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
usually guys wont tease or compliment lady's they don't have any interest in.. and when they do you can TELL they are just being polite.

the whole eye contact thing is pretty Key too

QFT, truer words were never spoken.

Basically, if you "think" he flirting, he probably is =p

kaliraksha

I think the most important questions is... do you like him? If you do, he seems to at the very least be attracted to you and I would say go for it... slowly =)

lemurian

If he's your boss in any capacity (and smart) he probably won't make the first move. Also, just because he's flirting with you doesn't mean he cares about you.. Work environments foster a lot of sexual tension. Furthermore, wouldn't it be awkward to have a relationship with someone you work with? Just some things to think about...
smiles.gif

kimmy

it sounds like he is.
smiles.gif
there's a (mighty fine!) guy at my work who does the same kind of thing haha, and it always makes me look forward to going to work when i know he's gonna be there. i doubt we'd ever date (at least not as long as we're both working there) but, he's made some moves...and i think that's the most important thing, is to let HIM make the move. but you have to show a little genuine interest before he'll make that move.
winks.gif

christina83

Thanks for the advice girls
smiles.gif

Hehe thats cool Anthem, this guy makes me look forward to going to work too hehe.
I met mt ex fiance at work , and we stayed together almost 4years, but him being away at university put a strain on things, plus hes made a load of new friends, that I think made him want to see other girls, Oh well!! If it wasnt meant to be, it wasnt meant to be.
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina83
I met mt ex fiance at work , and we stayed together almost 4years, but him being away at university put a strain on things, plus hes made a load of new friends, that I think made him want to see other girls, Oh well!! If it wasnt meant to be, it wasnt meant to be.
smiles.gif

oooh, I've been there.. and I must say you are taking it much better than I ever did.

christina83

LOL, I didnt for the first two weeks, I was a complete mess, the manager at work was too scared to speak to me incase i cried,lol!!!
But my work mates have been great, they looked after me and kept my mind off my ex fiance!!

I cant believe Im surviving so well, but someone told me that I cant let him ruin my life and that I need to be selfish, as hes already getting on with his life, and it did make me see things in a different light
smiles.gif

Also I think my EX had found someone else, as I found a pic of him and this other girl `(who's number I also found on his phone too) on his myspace the day before we split up.

This guy at work has been keeping my mind off things though, I did like him alot before me and my ex split anyway, hehe!!
Im really not sure if he likes me though, we'll just have to see...

Beauty Mark

Ask him out for coffee sometime! He's definitely flirting with you, but he can't be that obvious (you're at work.) If he acts like that with just you, he's definitely interested in you and you only; some people do flirt with anyone. Start it slowly to show you're really interested.

Figuring out the next step is so tricky because often times people expect the other person to make it (male or female) and think it's a bad sign that they don't. Seriously, just do something small like that.

christina83

hey everyone again, the guy at work i like came back from holiday today and Im still unsure if he likes me!!!I think another girl at work likes him, as she talks about him alot, and she gives him alot of attention and flattery.but im more quiet and just tease him now now and then. and he was teasing me today saying that the new fridge ands microwave at work was bought for me from him. And I said I wanted to go sledging tomorrow *(because its meant to snow, and he was saying he'll be playing in it) and he said im a girl and meant to stay home and play with my dolls,lol. he said it jokingly and was laughing!also i showed him my new phone and he came all the way up the stairs to see it and stood quite close, and he asked me if id cover it in crystals again (as i blinged my old phone up, and he liked it).
what if hes just being nice?
Ahhhh I dont know, dont understand him.....

Latest posts