How did you meet your significant other? boyfriend, husband, fiance, fling

clslvr6spd

I met my guy through Myspace, lol...I was just turning 18. We chatted for awhile and he sounded really cool and was really hotttt
drools.gif
so we meet up and here we are 3 years later and loving every moment
heart.gif

karen diggins

I met my husband at the roach coach across for my work. He oftered to fix my car. At the time I was dateing someone else so I kind of blew him off. When I broke up with my boyfriend I started dateing my husbands roomate. My husbands roomate told me a huge lie and I ended up going out drinking with my husband. I got really drunk and ended up kissing him. The first time i kissed my husband I knew that I was going to marry him.

tomodachi_usagi

ok mines a bit of a story.

for my junior/senoir prom(graduated early) i was gonna go with my friends brother but didnt really want to n he didnt like me anyway so i asked my other friend to find me a date cuz i didnt feel like dealing with people. so she said ok, and that she found somebody but he had a girlfriend and he was leaving for bootcamp(NAVY) in a few months. i was like kool watever works. i talked to him for like 2 mins on the phone a week or so before prom.very akward
convo
him- hi, so your danielle?
me- yea, your gary?
him-yea, so i guess im going to your prom with you?
me- i guess
silence...
me-so can you put marie back on the phone?
that was that.
heres prom night
i go to prom with my friends, him my friend and his best friend show up in the middle of prom. his jaw drops my jaw drops. hes hot, apparantly im hot we dance for like 3 songs cuz his friend has a family emergency or watever. but before he left we took pictures together (you would think we knew each other forever the way we looked together) he gets my number n hes gone.
following night hes over at my house with my friend and his friend again and we just hit it off!! but he still had a gf.. 3 weeks later they broke up(they were having problems looong before me) and he was single. but he was afraid to ask me out because he was leaving for bootcamp. well i told him i wanna be with him now hes my fiance 2 1/2 years later getting married fall ' ^_^08

i kno kinda long but i really edited it alot or it would be alot longer

purrtykitty

my husband's family moved in across the street from mine when i was in 6th grade...so i've known him since i was about 12. we started dating a little before i turned 16 (only cuz my parents knew his family). we've been together coming up on 11 years, and married a little over 3.

Bonbonroz

At the school infirmary... It was almost the end of the year and I already had a serious boyfriend (actually, I was almost engaged). We saw each other everyday during 2 weeks and had a lot of fun. He sent me a text message on the last evening of the school year, I replied because I was really surprised. I didn't know if he knew that I had a boyfriend, so after 2 months I found a way to tell him but he was hurt and said he didn't want to talk to me again (when I think about it, I still find that reaction stupid, but anyway).
One week later my boyfriend dropped me (in a very bad way), and since I knew that he had just begun his first year at the military academy, I called him to know how he was. One month later we met again and just started dating, but at the beginning it was quite difficult for me, because of the breaking up some time before, but he knew how to make me feel comfortable. And now it's been 3 years and we maried last summer!!!

Ms.Amaranthine

Michael and I met in Yahoo Chat Graveyard:3. We've been together a while now, just moved in together and got engaged! Now I'm thinking we have baby #2 on the way.

elegant-one

Hubby & I met outside a restaurant. He thought I was married & I thought he was already married. We had only met one other time awhile back but we were both with other people then. But, both of the people that we were dating before, broke off the engagements with us - Thank God!

I just knew that he was going to call me...& sure enough he did. We dated 3 months then got married. Married now 28 years!...we really do love each other more than when we met. We've been through a lot together and surprisingly enough, it was some of the hard times in our lives that really sealed us together.

He said he knew that he would marry me the first night we dated. Awe... We talk over the years how tragic it would have been had we married the other people that broke the engagements off with us. All things really do work for good.

jennifer.

i'm kind of a bit embarrassed of mine, but i'll tell it anyway.

we met through AOL back in 1996. i was 21 and he was 19. i had gotten my first computer with internet and he was one of the first people i'd ever talked to online oddly enough. his profile said he drove a crx and me being the honda freak i am, IMd him. we talked off and on throughout the years, so i never got to meet him because he lived in california and i lived in tx. not to mention i was married at the time
shockt.gif

fast forward to 2004, i had already been divorced a couple of years but was going through a bad time in my life and at that point i decided it was time to meet him. i bought him a plane ticket to tx and we hit it off immediately. he visited a couple more times after that and i went to see him 3 times as well. at the end of summer 2005, i quit my job and moved to california to be closer to him and also because i was dying to move here and to get out of tx (which i hate).

we've been together ever since and i truly feel like i've found the one. i wish i didn't have to have met him online, but i'm glad that was around or else i would have never known him.

and that's my story!

ritchieramone

i met my husband when his friend was attempting to chat up my friend. We were the two leftovers! We've been together for 17 years and married for 5.
bigheart.gif

j_absinthe

I met my first serious relationship over a chatline. Odd, perhaps, but we lasted for about 7 months.

Divinity

I met my husband in college. It was our sophmore year and we were both on the same resident hall staff. We were both RAs.

stellarx1587

Haha... my fiance and I met in Las Vegas of all places in 2005. It was my best friends cousins birthday weekend... so a bunch of us from So Cal (im from down south) & Nor Cal (my fiance is from up north) met up in Vegas to party. I was pretty drunk the first night... Apparently he approached me the first night and introduced himself... but unfortunately I was too wasted to even remember he talked to me... let alone remember his name. The 2nd night we went to Pure @ Ceasars Palace... He started to doing this utterly ridiculous dance and I just busted up laughing... we got to talking and realized we had a lot in common... especially when it came to sense of humor... although I was still unsure of his name (but that was cleared up later on in the evening). We all partied to the sun came up and then that day we all parted ways to go home. I thought chances are I'd never see this guy again... But when I got home, I got a message on MySpace from him... and we were together basically right after that and this is the happiest I've ever been... it was tough cause he lived 8 hrs away (we live together now - he picked up and left his entire life up north to be with me). and now... were engaged to be married April 26th, 2008
yahoo.gif

silversuniverse

I met my boyfriend at a party about 2 years ago. We both got really drunk and ended up making out on our friend's futon and passing out together. We've been in love ever since.
smiles.gif
Nothing too romantic about it, but he's the sweetest thing, probably the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Araylan

I met my current boyfriend in high school and we were always attracted to each other but neither of us made a move. We dated other people and didn't hang out after school or anything but there was just his absolute spark between us and we both thought it was one sided.
We kept in touch every few months after graduation and we finally started hanging out but as friends, because I was dating someone at the time. Anyway--it just went from there. I broke-up with my bf of 3.5 years and there we were. I was never decided on whether I believed in soul mates until now. They're absolutely real. Everyone says that they've never seen two people with as much in common. I think it's the perfect little romance story and I love telling it, lol.

Willa

The way we met is funny
I had this computer desk to give away. A friend of mine told me about this yahoo community where you can give, and get things for free. Freecycle if I can remember.

So I made a post about my desk.
The same day, many people answered me. I offered it to the first person who answered, he was supposed to come and take it the same evening, never did.

I chose randomly another person, and told him/her that it was still available. On a saturday afternoon, as I was waiting for a friend, getting ready and such my doorbell rang and it was him.

WOW! He was so cute!
I was really shy, but anyway I had put the desk (in pieces) in the hallway so the person wouldnt enter my appartment. It was quick, but he was really sweet.

Got an email the day after, asking if we could stay in touch, giving for reason : if you have other things to give away, I can take it. I answered him : we can stay in touch even if I don't have any other stuff to give you know
winks.gif

And there it was. We started to chat a little on msn and met again, and again... and its been a year. I'm soooo in love. I never tought I would meet my lover like this. They always say that you have to get out and meet people to find your significant other! Mine came directly at my door hahaha

Jennifer Mcfly

We dated in HS (beginning of senior yr. for a month) then went our separate ways...10 years later...we found each other on myspace and have been loving each other since April!!

sandyyyy <3

I met my bf online and it was actually through one of those chatrooms that you can make on aim. Funny story is that the person who invited me in is my bf's cousin from Hawaii which I met through a friend when he came to SF. So then we just started talking and I thought he was in Hawaii but he isn't and then he asked me for my picture so he thought I was cute haha. I remember when we first met up to see each other it was at a mcdonald's. Then we started seeing each other more and more and then we eventually stated dating. I'm still with him to this day and it really was worth my time to talk to him hehe <3

fashioniztah_07

I met my fiance at school back in Aug 2002. His friend (malcolm) introduced me to him. Im friend's with Malcolm's girfriend. I just broke up with my boyfriend at that time. He's single. We started become friends and then one day he asked me if we can go out sometimes. That's when all started.

Latest posts