How do MAC girls get that all over polished look?

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Ok so my question is this:

I have always put eyeshadow on after foundation, now if I put the foundation on after, how do I prevent harsh lines around the eyes? Because you can't exactly blend it into the shadow or liner, ya know? I'm genuinely curious because I can pretty much guarantee that this will happen to me the first time I do shadow first. FTR I'm very much a makeup novice, I'm learning so much here.

Thanks in advance!

This is the exact reason why I put on eyeshadow after foundation.
If you do choose to do eyeshadow first, just be sure not to apply the foundation on the eyeshadow, just around it. Then apply your powder and take a e/s blending brush like the 224 or 217, and blend the edges of the eye shadow out and with the powder (since powders blend easier than powders and creams or liquids.)

I hope that makes sense.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
This is the exact reason why I put on eyeshadow after foundation.
If you do choose to do eyeshadow first, just be sure not to apply the foundation on the eyeshadow, just around it. Then apply your powder and take a e/s blending brush like the 224 or 217, and blend the edges of the eye shadow out and with the powder (since powders blend easier than powders and creams or liquids.)

I hope that makes sense.

yes thank you!! I want to try this method because I always get fallout from eyeshadow application, lets see how good my blending skills are, heh.

Lyssah

fluffy.gif
BUMP
fluffy.gif

I'd love to hear more from everyone on how they achieve their polished look!

henrieta

I also wanted to try eyeshadow first and than foundation, and have to say the result was beautiful!

Although to avoid ruining my eyeshadows with foundation after, i applied some foundation around my eyes first but not underneath my eyes! (if that gives a sense). Like this i could clean up all the fallouts after i finished my eyes, and didnt have to worry about foundation getting into my finished eyes.

It really makes a difference to do your eyes first!!!

RedRibbon

I feel so silly asking this question as I bet the answer is something that everyone knows but here goes:

When I apply my eyeshadow, I want to take the colour under the eye as well (ie make it follow the lashline) so I can blend it and it looks complete. Which brush would you use to do this? I tried with my eyeshadow brush but it was too big.

Thanks
smiles.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I feel so silly asking this question as I bet the answer is something that everyone knows but here goes:

When I apply my eyeshadow, I want to take the colour under the eye as well (ie make it follow the lashline) so I can blend it and it looks complete. Which brush would you use to do this? I tried with my eyeshadow brush but it was too big.

Thanks
smiles.gif

Try using either the 219 or 228.

Cherrymint

I think false lashes definetly complete their look. I always think "Why doesn't my eyeshadow look as perfect as theirs?"...Then I notice it's the LASHES! haha.

Also as you ladies mentioned face make-up *primer, moisturizer, foundation, powder, blush, contour, highlight, etc.* and of course eyeliner & lipliner make a world of a difference.
yes.gif

I use my brush 187 to stipple on my foundation and UDPP to prime my eyes before applying any shadows. One thing that helps me achieve a polished look is to take my fluffiest blush brush and spritz a little Fix+ on it... then I brush it all over my face once I'm completely done. It keeps my eyes/face from looking too powdery or cakey.

I also like applying the studio fix powder plus foundation with a little Fix+ to give it a smoother finish.
graucho.gif

Simply Elegant

I think it's the things that aren't necessarily the standouts of the look that make the difference. Primers, individual false lashes, tightlining, flawless foundation in the right shade and type and lipliner and lipbalm make everything look pulled together.