How do you afford your MAC??

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Nat you're forgetting how much younger we all are :p just kidding!

I doubt it.

rockin26

I used to buy Australis every now and then but I used to pinch covergirl from Coles until I got a job! Red Earth stores went under and I was gutted cos they had my all time fav e/s colour and the new range in Priceline doesn't have it
ssad.gif

Has anyone tried that Face Of Australia brand?

xLongLashesx

Yeah I've tried Face of Australia squeezy lipglosses and lip liners.. they weren't bad for the price. And some people say good things about their primer but I haven't tried that.

My first makeups were hand-me-downs from my older sister.. dolly bird e/s palettes with as many shades of blue as you can think of! Oh the eighties..

panda0410

bleh.... was never allowed to have it when I was younger... my makeup "allowance" consisted of a black eyeliner and a lipgloss - period. My mother was a nazi with cosmetics and they were BANNED in our home, my sister and I just learnt to cope without it. I turned 30 before I ever really decided to test the depths of the cosmetic fashion world.... now I'm drowing in it
winks.gif
hehehehe

tarnii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx

I remember when a splurge was a trip to the Body Shop!

I still remember my first visit to The Body Shop it smelled better than anything I had ever experienced. My first makeup purchase was Cutex nail polish in a delightful frosted pink shade.

Then - I used to skim money off my mums change when she sent me to the shop to build my Cutex collection - who knew there were so many frosted nail polishes out there?????

Now - I have to sell off my old clothes etc on ebay to explore this wonderful new wonderland of MAC.

BeccalovesMAC

I strip on the weekends for MAC. SIKE! JK I usually do a lot of research on what I am going to buy. At first my BF would by me everything but then I started feeling bad that he was spending that much on me. I swatch everything and do a lot of research and then save the money. I do have a full time job but I am a mommy first. If I have any spending money after I have spoiled my kids, I will go get me something.

indybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
I'm a student and I just scrimp on other stuff. When I go out I have a budget of like $20, get PT everywhere, shop for groceries at Aldi etc.

I also have access to a CCO where I go crazy every couple of months.

Where does one find an American to CP for us?

The CCO you have access to stocks MAC? Is it open to all the general public and if so, will you please share the details of this magical place?

simplyenchantin

^^ She's talking about the Estee Lauder staff/friends store. You need a pass from someone who works for EL to get in unfortunately!
ssad.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

I'm lucky in that my mum lives in Hong Kong, and its super cheap over there, so I get her to buy it for me and post it over.. If I had to pay full retail price here in Australia, I wouldn't own a thing... I'm a full time uni student, and youth allowance doesn't go far these days
ssad.gif

simplyenchantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemacluvrrr
I'm a full time uni student, and youth allowance doesn't go far these days
ssad.gif

That's for sure!

Honeylust27

Hi all,

I'm a fulltime uni student - so yeah, it hurts when I do spend huge amounts on make up, but I still live with my mum (I'm 27 how embarrassing!!) and I don't pay rent, just food and some bills.

But I also found that once I started getting interested in make up I lost my obsession for clothes - which is good because, in my opinion clothes are waaaaayyy too expensive. I don't mind paying more for makeup, because, lets face it, it is going onto my skin - I only want good quality on there. My obsession with clothes has also ended for the moment because I'm focused on weight loss and really want to look good and fit and healthy for summer. There is no point buying new clothes when I intend to lose weight (3 kilos gone so far, woohooo!!!
th_DANCE.gif
). So what i used to spend on clothes, I spend on make up.

elainous

the prices for Mac over here is indeed rediculous. I buy my stuff online (from websites like lovemakeup and ACW)
i also occasionally splurge on collections, since ebay and most places inflate LE items to the normal RRP here anyway.
Ive always wanted to CP, but i dont know how to go about it. ive only ever got a CP from the UK.

the most ive ever dropped is $180 for a bronzer, a lipstick, a lipgloss and an e/s. yeah, that little bag was a weeks wage...

it irks me that we pay for mac what the americans pay for Nars.