How do you get products before they are released?

JanineDesiree

So I have noticed... more recently cause of the Dazzleglass... alot of you get products well before they are released. I'm curious how this is done? Are you MA's? Pro or working for MAC? Or is this someone the general public can come across getting.

Been wanting to ask this forever!
yes.gif

panda0410

Re: How do you get...?

lol...ebay!! lots of sellers have pre-release items, not just pre-selling but have the actual items. not sure how they get them though I could hazard a guess
winks.gif

coachkitten

Someone said as well that they saw them at a CCO and they aren't even released yet! I have only seen that happen once before with the she-shines pigments. I wish I was one of the lucky few who got them early!
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I think a lot of the early releases are kinda shady...not shady as in fake MAC, but shady as in MAC gave these products away as promotional items. These sellers are putting 'em up for sale and making a killing on something that cost them nothing. I wish MAC would blacklist these people and put me on the list of free stuff!!

BeautyPsycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I think a lot of the early releases are kinda shady...not shady as in fake MAC, but shady as in MAC gave these products away as promotional items. These sellers are putting 'em up for sale and making a killing on something that cost them nothing. I wish MAC would blacklist these people and put me on the list of free stuff!!

I don't think it can be promotional items because there is a lot of people who have them, and a lot of shades, a lot of products... If it was promotional items it would be one of each or something like that, right?
th_dunno.gif

sua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I'd like an answer, too. How do all the people on eBay get them?

I'm curious as well! Maybe random employees or something along the lines like a procard?

peacelover18

I would guess that some people on Ebay probably get them directly from the manufacturer or the warehouse - kind of a "fell off the truck" situation.
nonono.gif

abbyquack

I would agree that some of them are easily stolen, but I do know that MAs get all the collections for free and if you work for MAC Corporate you get all sorts of stuff, pretty much whatever you want. One seller had 3 lots, one had like 20 eye shadows including the originals collection and *individuals* of the heatherette colors in their own pans. she sold also the entire euristocrats set of lipsticks, etc. She said she worked for MAC corp. and it looked like she had good feedback and was legit. But honestly if you work for MAC that's how you can get the stuff early, albeit not crazy early, but i'm guessing a couple weeks before. Oh and certain events that MAC sponsors, they give out gift bags. My sister catered for a Cirque du Soleil party and got all sorts of early stuff- mind you this was a couple years ago- but I'm sure MAC has other events.

fleckspeck

Some beauty bloggers get promotional kits from MAC early. Often, they try to keep it on the DL until the collection is released.

mintcollective1

my trainer told me awhile back when the barbies were showing up on ebay before they were even being sold, that it was more than likely magazines that they had sent product to, and now they are just gettig rid of it.

amoona

We don't get the ENTIRE collection as artists and we certainly don't get it that far ahead of time. We haven't even had update yet to hear about dazzleglass! MAC gives out the entire collections as promotional stuff to the press and I'm sure it's easy for some shady people to get it on ebay. I just feel bad for people who don't know any better and get ripped off online.

panther27

I heard that some MAs have sold stuff from their training kits from my MA and she said that was a huge no-no.

Brittni

Wierd. Last night I saw actual MAC lipstick holder and eyeshadow holders on sale for eBay. They were asking like $500 though~!
lol.gif

Latest posts