How do you get products before they are released?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineDesiree
is this a legit user? eBay My World - cosmeticland0

yep, but listen carefully - SOME (but NOT all) of her items are fakes. I know someone who received several fake eyeshadows and pigments from her. So please be picky if you intend to buy from her. She is nice though
smiles.gif

JesseVanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I didn't bookmark it! It was in the Buy It Now section, though. I'll try to drag it up later.

EDIT: FOUND IT! I did bookmark it...d'oh. (I don't use eBay much lol)

MAC cosmetics Lipstick displayer-RARE!!!
Buy It Now price: US $539.99

Awesome for true collectors, but the price is ridiculous IMO. It says on the auction "*Also have large eyeshadow displayer if interested."

Oh my god..I would LOVE to have that lol I could have a mini mac store in my bedroom

janelovesyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Whaaaaat? How did they get their hands on that?? O_O

I'm trying to think of scenarios that someone might just have that sitting around there house. I was thinking a manager or employee took it home after they got new ones, but it doesn't seem to be broken or anything so I don't see why it would have been discarded from the store. Maybe the person works or knows someone who works for the manufacturer of the actual stands?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I would agree that some of them are easily stolen, but I do know that MAs get all the collections for free and if you work for MAC Corporate you get all sorts of stuff, pretty much whatever you want. One seller had 3 lots, one had like 20 eye shadows including the originals collection and *individuals* of the heatherette colors in their own pans. she sold also the entire euristocrats set of lipsticks, etc. She said she worked for MAC corp. and it looked like she had good feedback and was legit. But honestly if you work for MAC that's how you can get the stuff early, albeit not crazy early, but i'm guessing a couple weeks before. Oh and certain events that MAC sponsors, they give out gift bags. My sister catered for a Cirque du Soleil party and got all sorts of early stuff- mind you this was a couple years ago- but I'm sure MAC has other events.

MAC's corporate personnel would *never* sell product on Ebay prior to its release, or, as far as I have experienced, at all. And, if for whatever reason, they DID, they most *definitely* wouldn't advertise the fact that they work for MAC corporate because that's a damn fine way to get fired.

JanineDesiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
yep, but listen carefully - SOME (but NOT all) of her items are fakes. I know someone who received several fake eyeshadows and pigments from her. So please be picky if you intend to buy from her. She is nice though
smiles.gif

thank you.. i'm to lazy to figure out whats real or fake.. so i'll just stay away. easier that way.
greengrin.gif

Brittni

Hey girls.... I just bought a Dazzleglass off eBay for a TOTAL (with s/h) of $12.49. Good deal right! The lady I bought from only has ONE negative out of 3,000+ so I'm pretty sure it is legit. Anyways, I'm speaking with her right now about how she gets her items and this is what she had to say:

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Yep...I know but in order to sell off your stuff...you gotta sell at lower prices to compete with everyone else; believe me, I'm not making a dime but want to pay back my credit card and not have them sit on my stock shelf forever - everyone gets stuff wholesale on E-bay that's why the cheaper prices. These are 100% MAC authentic as they came to me in MAC stock boxes. (I would never ever sell fakes as you can tell I would like to keep my good reputation and my feedback shows). I will ask my supplier why everyone is getting these early and will get back with you."[/FONT]

Interesting, huh?