How do you keep inventory on your MAC?

Kiss and Makeup

I have all of my MAC organized on my desk, and I'm trying to get my inventory as organized as my vanity

I've started an Excel spreadsheet of all of my MAC products, but I'm curious to see how everyone else does it. Is there any other way you've found to organize your data? I figured I need to start keeping a massive list, because I go into MAC now, pick up a color I like, buy it, and I already have it!

calbear

I keep lists divided into sections i.e. lips, pigments, eyes, etc on my PDA so i always have it with me.

bis

I am mis-using a program called Books that was made keep an inventory of books. There I add the name and a picture of a swatch (instead of the book cover).
The best thing is I can export the list to my iPod/iPhone and take it with me
winks.gif

Actually there is another thread somewhere about this topic already. A lof of people already posted their tools there.

Zantedge

I just have a list written down that I keep in a small binder in my room lol. None of this technology stuff for me. I don't take it with me when I go shopping though, because I make a list of what I want before I go and stick to it. I usually remember what I have anyway.

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I am mis-using a program called Books that was made keep an inventory of books. There I add the name and a picture of a swatch (instead of the book cover).
The best thing is I can export the list to my iPod/iPhone and take it with me
winks.gif

Actually there is another thread somewhere about this topic already. A lof of people already posted their tools there.

That sounds awesome! I must check it out
thmbup.gif

abbyquack

For the most part I know what I have (only once did I accidentally buy a color that I had in a quad), so I don't bring a list with me, but I do keep an excel spreadsheet with each and every color listed, so I know what my inventory is, in case I lose something or whatever. And also, so I can keep track of how much my collection is worth. lol.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
For the most part I know what I have (only once did I accidentally buy a color that I had in a quad), so I don't bring a list with me, but I do keep an excel spreadsheet with each and every color listed, so I know what my inventory is, in case I lose something or whatever. And also, so I can keep track of how much my collection is worth. lol.

Haha, I do too!

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I go with this system: If it's come out before, I have it. If it's new, I need it.
lol.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Brilliant!

Ladydee91500

Don't know how I do it - but my inventory is in my head. I know what I have - and I know what I've got thats close to or different than the product I'm looking at. Guess its just cuz ...
mac_addict.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I keep an Excel document to keep track of all mine. I think I found it on here actually.

Same here. I have separate tabs for everything. Shadows, brushes, face stuff, even a wish list with costs. I total everything I have ever bought and link all pages together and do one big grand total. At one point it said $800 something but that was while back.

Unfortunately, I have lost track and haven't updated for a while. I somehow lost the file and now since I have so much mu, I'm to lazy to start a new one LOL.

lilmags816

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack

hahah I do this too!!
yahoo.gif

Only minus the prices...I really don't want to see how much of money has gone to MAC!

User49

I have an alphabatized list on micrsoft word divided
wtff.gif
into sections (eyeshadow, pigments, blusher, lipgloss, lipstick, eyeliner, shadesticks, ect ect) and everytime I get a new mac product I update it. I also take pictures of everything once I've aquired a larger amount. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only person that does this
whistle.gif
!!!
drinkup.gif

OMG i thought i was the only insane person. I actually get a kick out of updating my list...I hate when i have an item thats so old that the name is gone and i dont know what the name. what do you to kind of identify them? I'm thinking maybe doing a swatch of each color i have or take a pic and plug it next to the name on an excel spreadsheet?

But yea I catagorize my stuff...l/p, e/s,d/g.. and then i even try to remember and jot down what collection it came from it it was LE but didnt have special packaging...I'm going home to update my list tonite. fun stuff.

macosophy

i keep a purchase diary on Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage
i like it a lot because it shows how much i payed for the product as well as the date of purchase which is pretty useful because i can keep track of when my makeup expires.
my collection is pretty small so i know exactly what i have and what i want. i'm actually looking to find something that i can create my wishlist with. perhaps i'll use excel like the other girls on here...

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
OMG i thought i was the only insane person. I actually get a kick out of updating my list...I hate when i have an item thats so old that the name is gone and i dont know what the name. what do you to kind of identify them? I'm thinking maybe doing a swatch of each color i have or take a pic and plug it next to the name on an excel spreadsheet?

But yea I catagorize my stuff...l/p, e/s,d/g.. and then i even try to remember and jot down what collection it came from it it was LE but didnt have special packaging...I'm going home to update my list tonite. fun stuff.

I'm in the process of making a swatch book!

MAChostage

^^How are you going about making your swatch book? This is something I want to do for all my eye stuff (pigments, shadows, liners, etc.)

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
^^How are you going about making your swatch book? This is something I want to do for all my eye stuff (pigments, shadows, liners, etc.)

There's a couple of ways I thought about doing it.

If I had a big collection, which I don't, I'd get a pretty nice binder, or something big enough to hold a full sheet of 8.5x11" paper. I previously used colored paper, like, for instance, a sheet of blue construction paper. I cut 1" squares out of legal paper. Legal paper worked best with the colors, because it's textured. Glue the pieces of paper onto the construction paper. Because I don't have a big enough collection, I have a small photo album that has a pretty outside. I've cut squares that are 1" long by 1.5 wide out of the legal paper. I used white paper this time, but I'm in the process of stamping/embossing the pages (yeah, I'm into scrabooking) to make them look different. I'm not to the point of writing the names down yet, but I'll be writing down color name, who makes it, and the finish. I hope that made sense. I got the idea here, but mine looks a little differet

Latest posts