How do you store your MAC brushes?

loci

I usually put them in a long container...like the one for pasta.
But I'll be travelling during summer, how should I store it and bring it with me? should I try MAC brush roll? (the one on the official site right now)

lsperry

I bought a Sephora brush holder (a large pink container with a top for closure) for $25 in February 2006. I thought it was extravagant, but it was what I wanted and I started saving my money to buy more. Lo and behold I got an e-mail for the 20% off "Friends/Family" sale in the Fall of 2006 and saw that they were being discontinued and were now $5/ea. I bought 4 large and 4 small ones. I keep all of my brushes in these containers. They would be good for traveling since they have a snap-on top, but I use my brush roll when I travel.

Meryl

I keep the ones I'm not using in 2 separate MAC brush rolls, one for the eyes and the other, for the face. Brushes I don't want anymore, but don't want to throw out, are carefully stored in a long rectangle MAC make-up bag.

The brushes that I use daily stay in 2 pretty, vintage glass cups... one cup holds my eye brushes and another cup holds my face brushes.

Dianora

I love my brush roll for travelling. Anything else I've tried results in them getting smashed. I got mine at Sephora.

When I'm at home, I leave them in the brush roll but hook the roll up to the mirror so it's always open and I have them all spread out in front of me, kind of like the MAC MAs' brush belts. I used plastic 3M wall clips to do it.

astronaut

At home, I use the Enkore sephora inspired thing and when traveling I have a Sephora brush roll.

palatial

i just jumble all mine up into the case that the novel twist pro brushes came in...fit everything including my 187. maybe not the best idea though, after reading what the rest of you do!
ssad.gif

alwaysbella

I had that same question too. A couple of weeks ago i bougth the 'Mac Brushroll' and returned because the pockets are too tight and it only fits 1/2 of what it says, unless you want to worked. I just dont think is worth the money. The sephora wesite has some rolls too but everytime i look it comes with the brushes(which i dont need) therefor pass on them.
For those of you that have a brush roll can you post a pic?

blindpassion

I have a brushroll (from MAC) for travelling,
but on my desk at home I keep them in a sephora inspired brush holder, if you've seen enkore's video, you know what I'm talking about

check it out here -
YouTube - Sephora Inspired Brush Holder
works amazing! everythings right there infront of me and its pretty too!

stacylynne

I have a couple of brush rolls. I got mine from Sephora.
If you want to save $$$. check out brushrolls @ crownbrush.com I believe they run $19.99 & hold up to 30 brushes. They also have brush belts for $19.99 as well

spectrolite

I had a brush roll but now I've got too many brushes to fit in there. Currently I'm using a really cute tin with some retro graphics on it to keep them in. It's really convenient but I'm always after new ideas
smiles.gif

glam8babe

well you know the packaging from the 2007 holiday pigment sets? i have 2 of em and just put my brushes in one. and lipsticks in the other

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
well you know the packaging from the 2007 holiday pigment sets? i have 2 of em and just put my brushes in one. and lipsticks in the other

Omg! I do this too! With my lipglosses and my mascaras / shadesticks haha! That's awesome
yes.gif

newagetomatoz

I used to store mine in this pretty frosted glass jar that used to house potpurri (sp?), but then I outgrew that and made a massive brush roll to store them all. I really like this over the jar just because it keeps them more protected, but I do miss the convenience of the holder method.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbella
I had that same question too. A couple of weeks ago i bougth the 'Mac Brushroll' and returned because the pockets are too tight and it only fits 1/2 of what it says, unless you want to worked. I just dont think is worth the money. The sephora wesite has some rolls too but everytime i look it comes with the brushes(which i dont need) therefor pass on them.

I find the MAC brush-roll a bit awkward too. It works best with my smaller brushes. You can double and triple the brushes that go in the pockets.

However, the brush-roll only holds a few of my really large brushes. So it's a bit useless, although I have them, so I use them.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I have a brushroll (from MAC) for travelling,
but on my desk at home I keep them in a sephora inspired brush holder, if you've seen enkore's video, you know what I'm talking about

Is it that much better to have the brushes standing directly upright and not touching? What's wrong with putting them in a cup?

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Is it that much better to have the brushes standing directly upright and not touching? What's wrong with putting them in a cup?

Oh no its not better at all in that sense, its just a fun craft project to do if you want too, and it looks super cute sitting on your vanity, I used to have them in a cup too, it's all the same. The Sephora Inspired Brush Holder is just for fun =)

RaynelleM

I keep all my brushes in the MAC Slim case, although I only have 14. My 182 & 183 stay in their plastic cases standing up in the bottom of my traincase. For travelling, I just put them and the case into my MAC Carryall with the rest of my makeup.