How does your boyfriend react to your love of makeup?

resin

my bf tells me to get a job at mac and that i shouldn't ever take my heatherette make-up out of the house because it's the pink is the best colour for the packaging and he loves boxes. lol

anneh89

My ex-ex boyfriend didn't like me wearing make-up.
ssad.gif
He'd tell me off when i put too much, BOO!.

But my ex-bf didn't mind as much, as long it wasn't drag-ish, lol. He would just get a lil grumpy ova how long it takes to do my make-up, haha.

M.A.C. head.

My husband is very supportive of my habit LOL I rarely ask his opinion, because...he's a man...but when I do he always has nice things to say. He knows how much I love the stuff so he buys it all LMAO Such a lovely man I have.

Brittni

I've never really let any boyfriends in on my little obsession. But my next boyfriend is going to know alllllll about it... and he's gonna embrace it, too! If it makes his girlfriend look hotter then why not??
greengrin.gif
hahaha... I guess I better get a boyfriend soon to support the habit. jkkk

My best friend reacts to it well. She always meets me at the MAC counter and lets me look around (she's so not into makeup) and sometimes she gets me gift cards from there. She just interviewed to Sephora so HOPEFULLY I'll get to use that discount... muahaha....

SnowWhiteQueen

My boyfriend thinks its great! He is always surprised by girls who don't wear any makeup because I do all the time. He bought me a pigment once and a customer asked what it was, and he told her all about them and their multi uses....she bought one! I guess he actually listens to me when I ramble about makeup.....

Debbie

My bf's only gripe is bright colorful lips (reds, pinks). He loves nude lip colors on me. He adores that I could spend 2 hours in the bathroom playing with makeup like a little girl and her new set of barbie dolls. It gives him his alone time to play NBA Live on XBOX. I'll spend time creating an eye look...run out and show him, he smiles and says "awww...you look nice". I'll run back in the bathroom...and do another look, he smiles and compliments me. He loves seeing before and afters of friends I do and says "you make them pretty".

Lol..only thing I have to be careful about is being late because of makeup. One time, I had a dinner party at 8:30, and at 8:30, i was running out to ULTA to buy a new foundation that I was convinced would give the ultimate finish to my eyeshadow look I created.

theblackqueen

Uggh, my boyfriend acts like a little beetch about it. He goes on about how I need to spend less on it and that it's horrible consumerism and that I should spend less time looking up make up online.
I know he'd be just as obsessed with me if he was always lookin' for new ways to wear stage make up and wore make up every day rather than a few days a month.
Either way, I know he spends pretty much all day while I'm in classes or at work looking at Marilyn Manson stuff online :p

bebs

mine is really good for the most part.. he doesn't like lipstick that much ... cause "it doesn't taste good" and I'm always having to re apply it and what not. but he loves the lip stuff from vintage sister and what not cause of the flavors and he'll sometimes come up and kiss me and just be like "I wanted to taste which one you were wearing to day" ... so for the most part those are my only lippies as of late...

everything else he doesn't really care.. if its colors he wouldn't expect to see.. he'll comment if he thinks it looks good.. once a while I'll get the "your wearing powder.. or your foundation is showing" and then its like... grrr at you for point it out

he's an artist for the most part.. sometimes he'll take my pigments and paint sticks and go to town body painting if I stay still for long periods of time.. or if a friend is thinking about a new tattoo and isnt to sure.. "oh no its cool we'll use her stuff" ... but I have him trained that if he uses the brushes he is to wash them right after.. more or less had to say "if I used your brushes and didn't wash them properly afterwords wouldn't you be upset" ... thats when the light bulb went off and the nodding started

so it will be his fault when I start buying the bigger ones then the sticks!

sofabean

my boyfriend hates it when i wear make up. he thinks i'm trying to impress someone else or something.

Paramnesia

I don't have a bf but my brother is like that, he always rolls his eyes at me when I'm wearing bright MU.

CaseyKezerian

My brother is like that too. He always says it looks stupid I'm just like yah Bub and your blue mohawk does not look stupid at all.

PrettyDolledUp

My husband is actually supportive of my MAC addiction! lol. Whenever we go to the mall, he knows that we definitely need to stop by the MAC counter. When we get there, he knows to leave me alone and not to rush me either! LOL!
th_LMAO.gif

It's funny, because this past week it was his birthday and the waitress who was serving us was wearing eyeshadow, and my husband asked me, "So what do you think about how she does her makeup?"! LOL. I was making fun of him, because he's starting to notice those things.

He's also encouraging me to try to work at a counter and to pursue my freelancing all the way, since I just recently started freelancing again. The last time I actually did my freelancing full on was in 2006! In the past 2 years, I was focused on my career in Real Estate (blahh!!) and I also had a baby towards the end of August 2007. So now....I'mm baaaacckkk! I LOVE MAC! lol

miszjenny

my bf loves it!!! he tells me how beautiful I am with or without make up hehe but when i wear it...i love it when he says "dang, that's hot." kekekke it makes me giggles

xShoegal

He neved said something against my obsession, cause he just knows, that I like what I wear. The only thing he will never get, is that I spend most of my money in makeup...but thats the same with women and cars I guess.

xShoegal

He neved said something against my obsession, cause he just knows, that I like what I wear. The only thing he will never get, is that I spend most of my money in makeup...but thats the same with women and cars I guess.

My boyfriend tells me sometimes that he likes my makeup especially when its all cool looking. He supports my "artist canvas on my face" he says. The one thing I love is that hes honest about something he doesnt like when we go out shopping and I decide to buy makeup. Other days he just wont care and be like Im a guy! The one thing I hate tho, is when I put bright colors on sometimes he;ll be like "take that off" you look like a "stripper" .... =[

xbadxstarx

Some of you ladies are lucky to have husbands/ bfs that support your obsession. Before my husband and I got married he didn't really care for it much.. but after we got married it was a different story. Whenever he sees me w/ make up.. he'll say something like.. "you're already pretty w/out make up.. " He hates when I buy make up.. I can't even buy lotion w/out his permission.

darkwater_soul

My bf works for Best Buy, and the other day he was telling me that this man and his wife came in and started talking about TV's. They had some TX station being fed into the HDTV's, and some commercial came on and the woman commented on how she wanted her lashes to look curled and long like the woman's, so my bf said that before he knew what he was really saying, he told her that she should try the Shu Uemura curler and Fiberx mascara, because I used them and my lashes always look perfectly curled and long. Then she got really happy and made him write them down, and her husband ended up buying a TV and all sorts of crap from him, because according to his wife, he "knows everything." I about busted up at home when he told me this. I also had to reassure him that he wasn't becoming gay. lol.
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

christyluv3

My boyfriend can't believe how much money I spend on MAC, but then again neither can I LOL. Oh well it's my one indulgence and he has no room to talk what with his collection of console games. And anyone else experience this? Your boyfriend tells you you're beautiful or without makeup but then when you get all dolled up he's like "Wow you look really nice" :/

bgajon

My wonderful dear husband is the most supporting to my MAC addiction. Just this day I told him that I wanted to order some piggy samples (we live in Mexico and with taxes it's almost the double here
thmbdn.gif
) he just said if I could wait 'til end of the month to order them. And when I tell him that such and such brush, pigment or whatever thing is the best and you all rave about it here he just says "Well... if it's the best you should by it, I know you made your research." I just love the guy, it also helps that he's a photographer and artist, so he knows that investing in quality products is very important. HAHAHAHA!! I'm glad he buys into my reasoning and love for MAC.

Latest posts