• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How I De-tube and Melt My Lipsticks

elb154

Just tried this and love how it turned out. Thanks! Can't wait to turn in my empty ls containers!

littlepickle

Thanks! I have a lipstick I love to use but the tube is faulty and I have to pull the base off and twist it around a bit to get it up - it was driving me nuts! Now it looks lovely in it's very own pot - and I love applying bright colours with a lip brush for precision, so this is great.

thekatalyst

this is really great! it makes me so happy because I have several lipsticks that are so close to breaking/squishing that I feared I might have to toss them, but nevermore! thanks for posting this and supplementing my true lack of inventiveness, haha.

Teggy

Does melting lipsticks help at all with older ones? I have old tubes of Aura, Film Noir, and Blueberry that are getting dry...but I don't want to part with them for those incredibly rare occasions that I want them. Will melting them help with the texture at all?

aeroerin

I actually did something similar with two lipsticks that I didn't love separately (Vegas Volt & The Girl Next Door). I took an old C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve with some product still left in it and did a similar process of taking the lipstick out of the tube. Instead of microwaving it, however (the Salve is in a metal container--a no-no in the micro!), I heated water up in a coffee mug and used it as a hot water bath to melt the lipsticks together with the little bit of balm in the container. It's not exactly the prettiest looking thing, but now I have my own custom-blended lipstick pot. The colors are still very soft, so I can apply with my lip brush super-easily. :] I want to do a remelting of it to put in some Melon pigment in the mix for shimmer!

Teggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroerin
I actually did something similar with two lipsticks that I didn't love separately (Vegas Volt & The Girl Next Door). I took an old C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve with some product still left in it and did a similar process of taking the lipstick out of the tube. Instead of microwaving it, however (the Salve is in a metal container--a no-no in the micro!), I heated water up in a coffee mug and used it as a hot water bath to melt the lipsticks together with the little bit of balm in the container. It's not exactly the prettiest looking thing, but now I have my own custom-blended lipstick pot. The colors are still very soft, so I can apply with my lip brush super-easily. :] I want to do a remelting of it to put in some Melon pigment in the mix for shimmer!

Oh how clever! I shall have to play around with that..and adding my own pigment!

Leloo

Would this work with slimshines? I have one that's broken and it's really hard to use it like this
ssad.gif

Latest posts