How Is Everyone Doing?

Mac-Guy

So good to hear you are doing okay. I cannot imagine you have been dealing with this for so long. :( Sending you virtual hugs!

Rinstar Rinstar and I were talking about having good skin and makeup days last week! :five: For me, I think it is because of being so consistent with my routine. And again it goes to controlling the things we can in such uncertain times.

Good job on being frugal too!

Please be well and stay healthy!

Personally, I don't feel the urge to go out, thus from that aspect, I am actually okay with the quarantine. Now for the economy, I don't even want to think about it. So many businesses won't survive Covid-19.

We have also been wearing masks from day one, whenever we go out. Even if it is just to take the trash out. It is really annoying to wear a mask, but you need to make it a habit and stick to it. For grocery shopping, we also wear gloves. I also strictly avoid any social contact. It is also okay as we have stable internet, etc. It could be much worse. But everybody is impatient and it is hard to imagine how the future will look for all of us. I just keep going. The show must go on.

Rinstar

Happy Good Friday all! I am off today and it is a very much needed day off, so tired!! These Zoom classes are more work than regular classes!
Good to hear from you Mac Guy. Still having good skin days every day haha, so weird how that works. But I haven't eaten take out or fast food for about 4 weeks, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I haven't purchased a lot of makeup either, surprisingly!

elegant-one

Happy Good Friday!

My day did start with with some beautiful sunshine...but it has clouded over. Still the sunshine lifted my spirits. I am actually off work today.

I already went to the market this morning (down to once a week). I prefer to go early am, when less people are out and about. I also wore a mask for the first time. While I felt odd at first, I also felt like I am doing the right thing by wearing one. And just about everyone in the store had some kind of face covering on.

We did not have any masks so I had to make one. One of my colleagues sent me a pattern. I used an old pair of shorts (The shorts gave me two layers of fabric and enough to make a second one.) and bungie elastic shoe ties (I have several pairs of these from my ASICS shoes that I never used. I prefer regular shoe laces). It took me about an hour to hand sew. I bet elegant-one elegant-one would be a pro at sewing masks! ;)

I feel like I have finally settled into working at home and have a pretty good routine. This week another of my librarian colleagues asked for us to submit pictures of our home set-ups and fuzzy at home work colleagues. He was going to post images on our social media channels to show we are still working and available for students and faculty. Below is me along with one of my kittehs, Nano, aka little old lady baby. She is always nearby or laying in my lap purring up a storm, while I work.

View attachment 67479

Wishing everyone a nice weekend and lovely Easter. x0x0x :heart:
How wonderful that you shared these pics. You look lovely as always! I'm sure your cute little furbaby is comforting :cloud9: :heart:
Funny you mentioned me sewing. Hubby has asked me several times now if I want my sewing machine set up. I do have some alterations that need done, but I don't feel like doing them.
Thanks for thinking of me Have a Blessed Easter dear!

Anahita Balsara

I was fine until last week when I had to put my baby to sleep. She started coughing up tiny bits of blood tinged mucus and then lost interest in eating. We took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with metastatic cancer to the lungs. I so wish I was able to go to work. At least I’d be too busy to cry all day

boschicka

I was fine until last week when I had to put my baby to sleep. She started coughing up tiny bits of blood tinged mucus and then lost interest in eating. We took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with metastatic cancer to the lungs. I so wish I was able to go to work. At least I’d be too busy to cry all day
That's awful. I'm sorry for the loss of your precious baby.

fur4elise

:cry:Oh oh. I am so sorry. This morning my colleague texted to let me know that they had to let their greyhound Robin pass over the rainbow bridge. She suddenly got very ill early last week. He did not tell me what caused the illness, but it was apparently pretty severe. Loss of a family member is hard enough in normal times. Sending you a big big hug!

fur4elise

Checking in...as I posted above the day started out sad. And I am sorry for both Anahita Balsara Anahita Balsara 's and my colleagues loss of fuzzy babies. :( It made me go and give all my babies some hugs and kisses...though I think the cats were like...hoooman, please stop! ;)

Here is some happy stuff!

Our Giant bikes (basically brand new). We finally got them down, cleaned them up, oiled gears and put air in the tires. We got to ride them once. Because since then, it has been raining, snowing and cold...at least they are ready to go once it truly becomes spring! :thumbsup:
His_Her_GiantBikes_April_20.jpg

New boots for yard and garden work. I cannot believe Walmart had these 60% off retail. Once we get the restriction lifted and again, cooperating weather, I will be ready!

Hunter_Tall_Gloss_MilitaryRed_Boots.jpg

TGI almost the weekend! I was inordinately busy, in a good way this week. I am ready for a break.

Estereofonica

Oooooh! I love Hunters!!!! :love: And this red is gorgeous!

Sometimes I feel sad about the current situation, and then I think about all the pretty things that we have, from a growing flower to a glass of sparkling water (or a lipstick ;-). I know it sounds cheesy but it makes me not get depressed. I'm so grateful for everything!

VAL4M

I’ve gain weight 😒 even after running 40 miles a week i.manage.to.gain.weight! i need to stop drinking beer and buy more cheap red wine 😂 or like i said to my friend -“you know i used to eat pizza and drink beer now i just drink 🍹 “ hahaha but in all seriousness those couple of miles i was logging daily just by taking the subways, taking all the stairs, walking to work, and to school picking up the kids count for a lots of burn calories that you just dont burn by staying home.

Last edited:

fur4elise

IMissYou.jpg

Just sayin'! I have had my head down in all kinds of work to prepare for getting back on campus this fall...Being a director is next level!

That being said, I just wanted to say I miss y'all! I miss the excitement and fun that beauty ususally brings. Yet, we are not in usual times, for sure! I truly hope everyone I chat with here is doing well, staying healthy, staying safe, staying sane.

x0x0x

Elise

I don't eat much takeout on a regular basis, but you're right, I am now eating NO takeout at all. Could be that!! Have had lots of time for great workouts and walks outside so might be that too, plus have been taking tons of vitamins :ROFLMAO:

That's the attitude I want ;) I rarely leave my house now so I almost don't feel the sunlight.

Latest posts