How Is Everyone Doing?

Winthrop44

It is so quiet on the forum. How is everybody doing?

Hello Mac-Guy Mac-Guy ! Nice to see you. I still check in here occasionally, just seems like there's not much going on in the makeup world to talk about. I miss the fun we all used to have on here though. FYI Chantecaille has had some Zoom classes/product demos thru eventbrite where they give you a 20% off code at the end. Don't know when the next one is but I'm sure you can find it thru eventbrite if you're interested.

r0mini0n

I'm having my first full week off next week! Really glad but kind of fearing it, it's not a friendly coworker environment so when people take holiday, they find gripes with every little thing they have to do extra. Having to stop myself from checking up on work tonight so Monday is out of the way, off from work is off from work!

I'm checking the forum lots but usually contribute mostly to the no buy thread. Which these past few months I've been failing miserably so doesn't feel right to post in there!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Mac-Guy

Hello Mac-Guy Mac-Guy ! Nice to see you. I still check in here occasionally, just seems like there's not much going on in the makeup world to talk about. I miss the fun we all used to have on here though. FYI Chantecaille has had some Zoom classes/product demos thru eventbrite where they give you a 20% off code at the end. Don't know when the next one is but I'm sure you can find it thru eventbrite if you're interested.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered it on Niche with a 15% coupon. Not too bad.

Yes, it is really sad that the forum became so quiet. It is a good reminder to enjoy things while they last. I remember the times when you woke up and there were 30 new pages in the MAC forum - and you know you missed a release. LOL. It is so much less stressful with Chantecaille and Westman.

I am not sure if the quietness is Covid-related. It was quiet before Covid, but now it seems just dead here... Anyways, I hope you are doing well too.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think the current quietness is a mix of things: COVID, it being the end of summer in the northern hemisphere, and people being more active on social media where new product info for popular brands gets posted first these days (something that's been a factor in Specktra's overall decline in activity for years).

Also: there aren't many people interested in MAC anymore for whatever reason, and Specktra's identity for its entire fifteen-year history has been as being a MAC centric forum (even though we have this entire section to talk about other brands and such).

There's also a bit of a disconnect between these forums and our Instagram, I'm noticing. Some of the brands Dolly has featured on there are brands that most of us active members have never heard of or aren't interested in so we don't talk about them here. If someone came over here from IG looking for threads discussing those new releases, they would be frustrated because there'd be almost nothing for them.

And talking just for myself, there are several brands I'm interested in (both ones with products I've tried and ones I haven't but want to dive into) that I'm hesitant to talk about here because I'm not sure others will be or are as interested as I am.

Rinstar

For me, I think the quietness is also that we don't get MAC info very early anymore. In the old days when little teasers were dropped ages before collection releases, there was more to chat about and speculate. This also increased my interest in collections. When MAC changed the way they released info (now limiting it to their artists on Instagram), that's when I really started to purchase less. IDK if anyone else feels the same, but I know when we used to have the info a month or more ahead of time and we spent that whole time discussing the products and hyping them up, I definitely bought more MAC.

DILLIGAF

Well, I went back to work following a furlough. Just when everything seemed to be getting back to normal we were hit with some serious health issues involving my elderly parents. To say my interest in makeup over the last couple of months has been low is an understatement. Now we are in a much better place and I feel like things are moving forward in a more positive light. I have a couple of makeup enthusiasts in my life but there is something special about Specktra that keeps me coming back. Also, holiday releases are starting to ramp up and I've been wondering what the tea was over here. I hope everyone is safe and doing well.

Rinstar

Well, I went back to work following a furlough. Just when everything seemed to be getting back to normal we were hit with some serious health issues involving my elderly parents. To say my interest in makeup over the last couple of months has been low is an understatement. Now we are in a much better place and I feel like things are moving forward in a more positive light. I have a couple of makeup enthusiasts in my life but there is something special about Specktra that keeps me coming back. Also, holiday releases are starting to ramp up and I've been wondering what the tea was over here. I hope everyone is safe and doing well.

Sorry to hear about the tough times with your parents, that is so hard and really all-consuming. Nice to see you back!!

makeupbyomar

Yeah I am on 4 different make-up forums, and all of them are dead in terms of real make-up talk. It's usually the "General Discussion" type of conversations.

But I am glad I am working on 2 back-to-back television productions. So I am not going stir crazy.

Latest posts