How long does it normally take you to apply your makeup?

shopgood

So I started school this week and I'm back into my routine of waking up late and finding myself rushed when it comes to putting on my makeup. It doesn't help when it's the last part of my daily routine, and I'm furiously trying to throw on some mascara before running out the door.

I'm fairly comfortable wearing pretty minimal makeup (as in w/o eyeshadow, lip gloss, and the whole shabang), but REFUSE to be seen in public without at least some kind of light-to-medium coverage on my face and filled-in eyebrows, BUT prefer to have on some mascara and a little blush so my face doesn't feel too naked. When I'm rushed, I'll do the very least in about 5 minutes (lol), and when I've got time to spare, maybe 10-20 (depending on if I line my upper lash line, which takes extra time because it's slow and I can be a perfectionist). And this isn't including the times I'm just doing makeup for fun because that can go on foreverrr.

So how about you guys? How long does it take you to do your everyday makeup? And when rushed? What about when you're just playing around?

stephbunny

i've been wanting to ask the same thing to all of you...
it takes me 1/2 hour to do a full 'face" for me! but i often go without mu. if i'm rushed but i want something on my face, i wear blush, concealor and curl my lashes.

m4dswine

I can do a full face, including liner, mascara, 3 eyeshadow colours and foundation etc in 20 mins. But optimum time for make up application is 30-45 minutes. If I have that time I'll use it. This morning I started my make up at 7.46am and was finished by 8.07am.

Beauty Mark

5-10 min (spot apply foundation, eyeliner, maybe some eyeshadow, lipstick.)

A full face takes 1/2 hour or an hour, depending on how fancy I get.

Dreamergirl3

for everyday makeup application that includes errthang, about 15-20 minutes. If I have to rush for whatever reason, I can do it in 10 (but have to leave out any serious blending or a heavy hand) to 15. If I have time to spare or if Im going out, I enjoy taking longer to apply my makeup, so in that case it takes about 20-30. But usually never longer than 30 unless I am playing with makeup or for Halloween or something.

Korms

Nowadays when I'm working my make-up only takes me about 2 minutes (quickly define my brows and whack some lip balm on). I work at a Hospital and I think that wearing make-up there is kinda icky. I used to wear a full face of foundation for work but I just get too greasy and sweaty running around all day and I think it's disgusting when you're in a clinical setting to have make-up sliding down your face!

For a night out I can take up to an hour, I like to have a little break between applying to each area so I don't feel rushed and I like to leave time for my foundation to sink in before applying powder. It's a really realxing experience for me to have the time to do my make-up properly. I feel a whole lot better when I go out if I know I've spent more time on it, it's quite theraputic!

Calhoune

Oh... It's exactly the same for me! I always find myself rushing since I'm always late for school...
This is my bare minimum

1. Concealer on the worse bits (around nose+zits/spots)
2. Bronzing powder on cheeks and all over face
3. Quick lining of my eyes with pen or shadow
4. Curl lashes + mascara
5. Apply lipbalm omw to school

Sometimes I add a wash of color on the lids just to brighten the eye. I can do this pretty quick, in a couple of mins

lambee

You know what I found that I absolutely love because I rush out the door so much?

Neutrogena's minearal makeup is my new time-saving HG. I put on my moisturizer and concealer. Then I curl my lashes, mascara (all this in around 5 min.), if time permits, I add a light dusting of eyeshadow, then I'm on my way out the door. When I'm stopped at a traffic light, I use my neutrogena foundation thing and put on my mineral foundation. It's amazing. The coverage isn't something to write home about, but the convenience of that little package is the best thing ever.
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Eh for a school face i just brush on some foundation, a little blush, brows, mascara and lip conditioner. that takes about 10 minutes because i'm very precise with my skincare regimen and making sure my concealer is well blended.
a full face that's a little more detailed (eyeshadow, blending, contouring, highlighting etc) takes me about 20-40 minutes depending on what I'm going for.

kimmy

if i'm in a hurry, i can get foundation, powder, bronzer, eyebrows, a little shadow, and mascara on in about 5 minutes. when i have some time, it usually takes me about 10 or 15 minutes...if i really have alot of time, it can take a pretty long while haha.

lara

If I'm just going out to the shops, it's a slick of mascara and off I go.

To do a full work-appropriate face, around 30 minutes depending on complexity. I spend more time on doing my skincare routine that I do on make-up.

miztgral

I do mine in about 20 minutes, for base+powder, concealers, brows, 1-2 color eyeshadow, some pencil eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipbalm+gloss.

~LadyLocks~

To do my "quick face", probably about 15-20 min for moisturizer, powder, concealor, brows, eyelashes, maybe a bit of light e/s, gloss

Now if were talking about a full face with and complexity like lara said, anywhere from 30-60 min, even somtimes longer depending on how "creative" I get lol.

astronaut

It takes me about 30 minutes to do my makeup. Foundation, blush, powder, eyes, whole 9 yards. I've been getting real lazy for the past months though and not wearing makeup at all because I've been valuing the precious extra sleep instead. I look and feel! like a bum for the rest of the day though which is the downside lol. It's either all or nothing for me. I can't just put on just foundation or whatever because then I get the urge to complete the face.

Kiseki

Usually ten minutes for my work makeup:

Concealer (Chanel Vitalumiere Cream Concealer and Bobbi Brown Blemish Stick)
Tinted Moisturizer (Shiseido: The Skincare)
Powder (MAC Blot Pressed Powder)
Lip Balm (Shiseido Translucent Gloss Stick)

If I'm having an icky skin day, I'll substitute the tinted moisturizer for a powder foundation or spray foundation to keep it nice and natural.

25 minutes if I'm going for something more elaborate like eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and such.

madkitty

I think its relevant to the time available - work days takes 1/2 hour but if Im getting ready for a special occasion it can be as long as 1.5 hours LOL

I also find it makes a difference as to whether Im home or away - I love my bathroom mirror due to the available light but on holiday its horrible as the light is always so different depending on where you are staying...I always find that makes me more cautious with the colours I use and the time I take LOL

IcesUltraGlam7

Anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour.I fiddle about while doing my makeup.I also have so much makeup I got to figure out what I'm gonna wear and what look I may want to try.
I have to give you ladies Props for being able to do your makeup for 15 minutes or less.
I do enjoy doing my makeup though.

zori

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
To do a full work-appropriate face, around 30 minutes depending on complexity. I spend more time on doing my skincare routine that I do on make-up.

My essentials are concealer, setting powder, eyeliner & lip balm which can be done in minutes.

Latest posts