how many of you ladies HATE buying jeans?

xJUDYx

I DO!!

i think the last pair of jeans i bought were...8 months ago? and before that..was about a year before that?

the thought of going into the store..picking the right size..color..shape..rise..& trying them on! UGH haha

Love Always Ivy

i used to, until i decided to give up on the super expensive designer jeans that arent cut with nonanorexics in mind. now im smitten with express jeans because they actually fit and have lengths -short, reg, long.

Shimmer

I hate it because I hate trying them on.
Old Navy has surprisingly good jeans...so does Polo.

Kimberleigh

Old Navy is hit and miss with me. I can bring a pair of size 6 and size 8 into a fitting room, and the 6 will fit like a 10 and the 8 will fit like a 2. Sometimes, just for funzies, I'll bring in 2 of the same size and one will fit like a glove and the other will hang or I can't button them!
lol.gif

7 for all mankind fits me the best, and I have several pairs of them...They've never steered me wrong yet. I can't really wear them right now though with the baby bump and all.

Shimmer

I have a pair of 7s and HATE the placement of the pockets so much I almost refuse to wear them. :/

laurenmo88

yes i used to HATE buying jeans and i still kinda do
but once you find a style/designer/brand that fits you best it makes things easier to look for

if you need help buying jeans, just ask one of the sales reps!
i know it might sound weird but they usually know what they're talking about
think about it like a MA at MAC, if you are looking for the perfect red lip for your skin tone - they usually know which ones will look best

it's just like that
smiles.gif
don't be afraid to ask
and don't be afraid to TRY ON, i am also one who HATES trying on stuff
but the only way to know if things look good on you is to try it & bring someone along who you can ask "does this look good?"

spartan_shades

I hate shopping for jeans too, but I found this site that helps with it and it's not so bad. Has anyone heard of it? It's called Zafu. You answer some questions and you get style recommendations and they tell you the stores that sell the jeans they recommend and everything. It's pretty neat.

http://www.zafu.com/

Kimberleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan_shades
I hate shopping for jeans too, but I found this site that helps with it and it's not so bad. Has anyone heard of it? It's called Zafu. You answer some questions and you get style recommendations and they tell you the stores that sell the jeans they recommend and everything. It's pretty neat.

http://www.zafu.com/

I *heart* Zafu! I found all kinds of different kinds of jeans I'd never even thought of trying on pre-zafu!
eyelove.gif

Dreamergirl3

I hated buying jeans until my bf started working at Diesel. He collects those jeans like I collect LE makeup LOL! Now I'm in love with denim as well as Diesel
smiles.gif
just wish they weren't so dang expensive!

vina

yes i hate buying jeans the sizing is so crazy. I have size 3 to size 9 jeans it's totally bizarre

MiCHiE

I hate buying clothes. Period. But, like Shimmer said, Polo Jeans are good. Luv them, actually, from the fit to the heavy denim.

laurenmo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I hated buying jeans until my bf started working at Diesel. He collects those jeans like I collect LE makeup LOL! Now I'm in love with denim as well as Diesel
smiles.gif
just wish they weren't so dang expensive!

oh man diesel jeans are DA BOMB! lol for lack of better wording
smiles.gif

they fit like pajamas but when you wear them you look like a supermodel
im trying to sell some of my old jeans to get a pair of diesel skinnies that i keep trying on everytime i visit the mall lol

tsukiyomi

I hate jeans right now because I just gave birth two months ago.
ssad.gif
I'velost 43lbs since birth and my pre pregnancy clothing fits but I have a belly pooch and jeans accentuate it.
ssad.gif

PeaceLoveVogue

i used to be that way, because designer jeans don't fit me right. i'm not a size 00, haha, so therefore i can't squeeze myself in them. but the best jeans that i have found that work for me((and you may want to look into them)) are J.Crew's hipslung fit. they are $98, BUT i normally can't justify spending that much on a pair of pants unless they just make me look good all around. these are incredibly slimming, and flattering in all the right places.

just something to think about.
winks.gif

greentwig

I hate it!!!!!!! sooooo much!!!!!!!
I seriously get itred from trying on so many pair, and 99% of the time I leave w/o liking anything.
Maybe once a year I find a pair I like.
lmao.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh
Old Navy is hit and miss with me. I can bring a pair of size 6 and size 8 into a fitting room, and the 6 will fit like a 10 and the 8 will fit like a 2. Sometimes, just for funzies, I'll bring in 2 of the same size and one will fit like a glove and the other will hang or I can't button them!
lol.gif

7 for all mankind fits me the best, and I have several pairs of them...They've never steered me wrong yet. I can't really wear them right now though with the baby bump and all.

same with me!! Old Navy is the only place that has jeans long enough for me. But I can take two of the same exact pair of jeans and they'll both fit differently. I don't get it!

redhautelove

Jeans are my life because I feel self-conscious in skirts and shorts. I hated buying jeans until I found designer denim. I thought it was all overrrated and overhyped until I tried on a pair 4 years ago. Because I'm petite (more petite than I'd like to be), most brands have always been unflattering. I now spend a little more, but it's all worth it when it fits without any alterations! Seven for all Mankind, Diesel, Citizens of Humanity are my staples!

nightseye

I agree with you! Every different brand of jeans all fit me differently and I have to spend forever trying on different sizees depending on what store I go to.

I recommand AG Jeans (Adriano Goldschmied) for comfort and durability. I own 3 pairs. If you can find an outlet AG store, they are reasonably priced as well.