how many of you ladies HATE buying jeans?

xJUDYx

i need to plan a day for strictly jean shopping. i cant always wear shorts and skirts! haha

thanks for the recs!

greentwig

I got some jeans today =D
Finally found a brand I like ......and I work 4 the company (Oakley) lol I just never knew they sold clothes untill I started working here (they mainly sell sunglasses). I got some suglasses today too
cutey.gif

I should post them later....maybe if I have a minute I will =D

MiCHiE

I just got some AG jeans. Our shipment got wet and I was able to purchase a pair for $29.50. Had to get them hemmed, tho.

TeaCup

I HATE it. I just hate the whole idea of it. Going from store to store trying on jeans that stretch out and fall off, but the next size down is too small. Or finding jeans that make your butt look AMAZING, but give you a muffin top. Which you learn to accept and vow to lose five pounds.

Once I find the perfect jeans, I always buy two or three. Two of my favorite wash, and one darker for nicer occasions. Pacsun has nice jeans!

vivaXglamlove

I hate jean shopping as much as bra shopping!
I always fall in love with a pair of jeans at the gap,old navy,etc but then they discontinued the style or the cut.
I also have a flat butt so it's hard to find a pair where the butt doesn't look saggyish?
Once I get down to my goal size, I'm gonna try a designer brand. Maybe I'll find my perfect jean!

sexysellerie

Do you know the feeling, when you grab some jeans, you really like them, you find your size at once - and then you try them on and they don't fit?

I think it's the most frustrating feeling...
th_rolleye0014.gif

SELFstyled

^ LOL

I buy Levis & I haven't had much of a problem.
smiles.gif
I have to agree about ON jeans though. Over they years they've changed their sizing a lot, it's very inconsistent! I don't go there for jeans anymore.

powderpaint

ugh buying jeans for me is like buying a swimsuit. torture. i stick to one brand (american Eagle) that suits me best and thats it

Beauty Mark

The problem with sizes is that they're vanity sizes. Clothes have steadily been on the increase in the actual numeric measurements. For instance, the waist of something from the 1960s labeled a size 2 would be smaller than a today's size 2. Brands also vary greatly.

I'm a big believer in not looking at the size and getting hung up on it. It ain't nothing but a number and no one needs to no what size you're wearing.

Also, with jeans, if you're short, investing in a tailor (or learning how to hem) is well worth it. It's a pain, but at the same time, you can always make something shorter or small but it's pretty much impossible to lengthen or widen without it looking bad.

Rushch6

I hate buying jeans, but the one brand that I seem to always go back to is the Gap Long and Lean. I love these jeans! I think the price, fit and style are just right
thmbup.gif

P.S. Another brand I love and fit perfectly are David Kahn jeans found at Nordstroms. However, they are on the pricey side($158.00)

PolyphonicLove

old navy is my place - they carry my size, 8 long - Im a tall girl, at 5'10" - though I wear 8 regular khakis and navys for school. they carry my size in tops, too [medium], and they dont look awkward on my big bust!

//OT

but I only have one other pair of decent jeans, in a six, my levis, they fit but since Im a little curvier Im this close to the dreaded [mini] muffin top.

RoseLee

My issue with buying jeans is that most jeans are too long for me. I am 5'0. Even "short" lengths is still log. =(

Cosmopolitics

Mememememe!

I think the last time I bought jeans was about a year ago -- a pair of Jennifer Lopez jeans I bought online from the recommendation of Zafu. They've since discontinued those kind. Which sucks, because they fit like a dream.

It really sucks trying to find jeans that are a size 0-5 without them gapping a few INCHES at the waist (too much to wear a belt with comfortably) because the pants weren't designed for a voluptuous bottom.

Baby Phat pants fit alright in the body too, but damn, they make those way too long! It's like they make those pants for giants!

And don't get me started on bra shopping...

jennzy

i haven't bought jeans in awhile...
i've lost over 10% of body fat from first yr university to now. and i still have my massive jeans... that i still wear.
i hate going denim shopping because
1. i have massive muscular calves so skinny jeans are out. often straight legs don't work
2. i want citizen of humanity because they don't really stretch out much but i fluxuate in weight. so i don't want to spend $300 on them (in canada they're $200 + 14% tax)
3. these jeans aren't made for women! women tend to have larger thighs no matter how fit u are. its just us... often the jeans won't fit around my thighs and if it does, the waist is massive...

just like cute shoes, i wasn 't meant to wear jeans... but i plan on finding perfect few pairs of jeans!!! the search is ON!

MzEmo

i used to hate buying jeans because it would always never fit correctly on my waist because i have a huge gut and im 4'11'' so my jeans are always too long. by long i mean like 5 inches taller. but after i got this body shaper for my tummy the jeans fit better on my waist and doesnt squeeze out my love handles. =] which is awesome and i just get my pants shortend all the time at my dry clean store.

SparklingWaves

Yep, I almost went into a psychotic fit many times trying to buy jeans esp. when the low-low rise jeans 1st came out. I don't have a sunk in tummy.

Everything, I tried on was shapeless and I couldn't bend over in them. It was a nightmare. Then, the skinny jeans came out. Yes, my look got worse. Now, I was to have a flat butt, tooth pick thighs, and a sunk in tummy. My Barbie isn't even built like that. shhhhh, yes, I have a Barbie.shhhhhh

I stopped shopping at many stores and now I wear a jean that comes down in between the low and the high waist. I like the bigger comfy leg too. I get compliments now on my outfits. My jeans fit perfect. I mean a classy look. I shop in more high end stores, but it's worth it for the fit.

swt_int3ntions

I hate buying jeans...once I find the right waist measurement, the thighs are WAAAAY too baggy and to get tight legs, the waist is WAAAAY too small! Having a unproportionally fat tummy sucks
ssad.gif
lol

aeni

I dedicate a whole day alone to jean shopping. I just bought 4 of the same pair at JCPenney as they had a sale for AZ jeans(buy one, get another for $1).

When I look for jeans, I look for:
Dark washes as they keep their color longer (turn your jeans inside out when washing to keep the color longer too)
How the denim feels (What's it made of. The softer and stretchier it is, it will become baggier in the seat whenever you sit and look unflattering when you stand again.)
I try to find and take in 2 sizes of the jean I like to try on
When trying on, I do a sit test and a squat test. Sitting shows the length and how low the jeans will go on my butt while the squat really shows whether or not you should squat or not!
Finally price. If the jeans don't look that fantastic or you know they'll wear out too quickly for your budget, they're not worth it.

Clean up your dressing room and move onto another store. Folding jeans is easier than folding a shirt!

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaCup
I HATE it. I just hate the whole idea of it. Going from store to store trying on jeans that stretch out and fall off, but the next size down is too small. Or finding jeans that make your butt look AMAZING, but give you a muffin top. Which you learn to accept and vow to lose five pounds.

Once I find the perfect jeans, I always buy two or three. Two of my favorite wash, and one darker for nicer occasions. Pacsun has nice jeans!

Yes!!! PacSun has wonderful jeans. I work there and all but still, I see alot of different body types fit into those jeans. Plus with so many cuts and colors it makes me happy that I get a discount there!..