How many think they can wear any color?

SUMM3RxBABii

I know I definitely cannot pull off any yellow or any light blue eyeshadow.
ssad.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula
Yeah, I can wear blue, but it is tricky to get it right. I think blue gets OD'd pretty often so we're sensative to avoiding that? You know in the sixties and seventies everyone had a pound of a single color of blue eye shadow all over there antire eye socket and it just didn't look good. Now we want to use it but have that image in our heads. At least that's true for me, maybe alot of you are younger and don't remember those days. LOL

I remember the blue shadows, maybe not going as far back as you mentioned, but that trend carried through into the '80's as well! My mom had a single pan blue by Charlie (revlon I think!). And ya, I'm very particular about blue nowadays, and find I can only use brighter shades as an accent colour on the outer part of my lid and bordered with a darker shade or a really smokey blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
I feel the exact same way. I'm an NC20 as well, with blonde hair and blue eyes and I can't wear blue shadow. I can use blue as a liner, but that's pretty much it. I think I can wear pretty much anything else.

I'm NC20 also, blue is probably the trickiest shade for me, but darker blues actually look okay. And that also carries through to blue-based greens!

To answer the question to this thread, I think I can pull off any colour, but it might be a variation of it. If I go peachy on the cheeks, it's gotta be a bit more brown based, taupe on the eyes needs to be a warmer taupe or it looks ruddy, and so on. That's the thing with olive skin, it's actually pretty neutral, not cool or too warm, but the olive factor means certain tones look ruddy, ashy or dirty!!!!

Senoj

Yup, I think I can wear any color as long as it's the right shade of the color and the right intensity.

Nepenthe

I like to think so. For me, it's about finding creative ways to make things work. That said, I definitely have my preferences.
greengrin.gif

equus18

I wear anything and everything as far as color. I am warm (NC35) but I wear cool colors not just warm colors. I wear hot pink, greens, blues, you name it and I'll wear it. LOL

Door

I think it's not only abut your self confidence but also about the look you're after. I can wear both cool and warm shades. Warm shades give easily a very soft look. The cool shades give much sharper look, which I prefer.

Lavender and other light lilacs make me look like I have a acute hepatitis. Bright (Caribbean) e/s can look funny on my pale skin. I don't like orange, yellow, olive or other warm colors and pale lipsticks make me look funny.

Lyssah

I think I can wear any colour as long as the placement is right.

Some colours do look better on me than others, but I've never had negative feedback or though "rancid" when wearing a certain colour.

COBI

With regards to "seasons", the thought there (and there is merit to it) is that certain colors look *better* based on your skin tone than others. So, it shouldn't be about "don't wear this or that", but that "these colors are going to be the most flattering."

It's based on basic color theory, and most of us see the difference even if we don't call it such. For example, most sales/makeup artists are going to choose the most flattering colors to demo on someone regardless of whether the customer could "pull off" most other colors or not. Generally, people want to look their best, and color choice is a part of achieving that.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula
I am just wondering how many people are like me and feel they can get away with just about any color. Lipstick is the only thing that I'm truly picky about that, but even there, I think I can wear almost anything, I just don't actually like everything. Just curious what ya'll experience is. Is it a skin tone thing. I'm olive and medium.

I think that exactly what it is. If your skintone isn't too much of anything in particular (fair v. deep, warm v. cool) you can probably pull off most anything without having to tweak something.

Also, and this is just a personal opinion here, I think it's probably easier for warm-toned folks to pull off cool toned shades than the other way around.

I'm pale (NC15) and think I can only get away with dark on my eyes. Lipstick wise red looks awful on me but bright pink is ok. I prefer pale/nude on my lips with dark eyes.

Snarkling

I'm somewhere in the NC5 range and I feel like I can pretty much wear any color. I always say that my face is like a piece of white paper. You can draw with any crayon on the box and it will look good.
tong.gif

I have both cyber l/s and myth and I think I look really cool in both of them.

I think the biggest thing for me is just what mood I'm in. For a long time I was only into dramatic looks so I never diid the bronze beachy looks but now with TTB I'm giving it a try and it looks really nice. Right now I'm really into purples of cheeks and lips, so I'm wearing lavender whip, blooming lovely, dirty plum blush (which I love).

I think it also depends on what looks you feels comfortable with. I know a lot of people have talked about how they like a certain eye or blush shade but only if its blended in really well. Since I'm really into the drama looks I love to wear hot pink eyeshadow in its full glory or a bright red blush un-blended using a post-it to create with a razor sharp line along the hollow of the cheek.

So yeah I think it just depends on how open you are for looks for yourself. I'm ok with looking a little goth or a little alien or stealing the some of the drag looks off of youtube because I don't feel like any one looks is me. They're just a range of mes (I have no clue how to write the plural of me)!

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_ladydanger
I prefer pale/nude on my lips with dark eyes.

me too!

Latest posts