How much do you spend a month on make-up?

heavenlydemonik

I first got into make-up about a year ago and since I didn't have any bills to pay (living with my mom) I just spent all of the money I had mainly on make-up. But I just recently finished college and got a decent paying job and I need to start managing my money better and can't spend every pay check on just make-up, so I was wondering about how much everyone allows themselves to spend on make-up every month?

QueenBam

That's me, makeup & clothes :-/
Ill say between the 2, probably right under 200 a month, max? i always get good deals though. currently wearing $100 people's liberation jeans and a $30 tank top, paid only $15 for the jeans and $3.50 for the tank
greengrin.gif

also, i try to buy MAC from the CCO only, and buy kits mostly, its a much better deal.
smiles.gif

Skin*Deep

I consider my makeup budget to include shampoo, soap, skincare, hair dye, etc, and i'm about 300 a month on average I think. the months I run out of everything at once though...look out!

phatkat

i spend about $50/week.. avg.. but if theres sales or collection out, ill spend a little more. so ill just say $250.. cause there's always sales
thmbup.gif

LMD84

it's different for everybody. if you want to manage your money you should make a list of all bills that you have each month, then put away some money for savings and then work out from what you have left what is reasonable to spend on cosmetics.

for me i spend about £50 a month on cosmetics... but some months i'll spend alot less... some much more. it really does depend on what collection is out.

yazerella

I don't usually spend much on make-up, maybe about £50 a month? But when a collection that I love comes out (like the To The Beach collection) I tend to go a little bit crazy and there's no limit to my spending until I check my account and find nothing in there, lol. Oops.

marusia

several thousand for the business. Last month was like 10,000...seriously.

For me though, I'd say a couple hundred. (mostly from girls on specktra!)

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's different for everybody. if you want to manage your money you should make a list of all bills that you have each month, then put away some money for savings and then work out from what you have left what is reasonable to spend on cosmetics.

This is really good advice.
thmbup.gif

For me it varies. The last couple of months I've spent ~$150 or more because there have been collections I've liked each month, plus a few nick nacks here and there. But in June I will probably buy a couple of nail polishes and that will be all.
smiles.gif

My principle is that if I want it I can have it, as long as I can afford it. I see no reason to set up limits like "that's too much to spend on makeup/clothes/whatever", if the money isn't needed elsewhere.
th_wink3.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
This is really good advice.
thmbup.gif

For me it varies. The last couple of months I've spent ~$150 or more because there have been collections I've liked each month, plus a few nick nacks here and there. But in June I will probably buy a couple of nail polishes and that will be all.
smiles.gif

My principle is that if I want it I can have it, as long as I can afford it. I see no reason to set up limits like "that's too much to spend on makeup/clothes/whatever", if the money isn't needed elsewhere.
th_wink3.gif

that's the main issue really. so many of my friend get in debt because they have to have certain clothing or bags... it's crazy to be like that. i wouldn't get in debt over mac which is why i always make sure i have sorted all bills and money for savings first
smiles.gif

Senoj

It varies month to month for me because I like buying clothes, jewelry, getting nails and feet done on a monthly basis too but I can't have it all, so some months I won't buy any makeup, I'll buy something else that I need/want. Sometimes I'll go months w/o buying makeup but when I do, if I splurge it's about $200 but I only spend that much if I haven't bought any makeup in months. Other times it's $10-$30 because I'll get the buy 1 get 1 free sale or half off at the drug store or I'll shop on Ebay.

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
th_LMAO.gif

th_roll1.gif

ME TOO!

SUMM3RxBABii

It depends for me, but for makeup, about $50? I don't usually buy makeup unless there's something from a collection I really want. I mostly spend money on clothing & dining out.

dirtyprincess

I must be really bad but i spend almost £100 a month on makeup but then i dont really drink and i dont smoke so makeup is my only real indulgence !

Latest posts