How much do you spend on hair cuts?

oulala

I'm just curious because I'm short on cash and am about to go to one of those really cheap (20-30$ for a cut) places. I've always been too scared to go because I've always associated more $$$ = better cuts. But I'm sick of paying out of the yin-yang for a disaster anyways.

So how much do you spend?

little teaser

more $$$$ doesnt = better haircuts the best hair cut i ever got was from super cuts less than $20. i have also had nightmare hair cuts that cost $60..

Beauty Mark

I used to pay $20 and tip, but now I live in a pricier area where I can't seem find a salon that charges less than $30.

Depending on what you get done, you probably don't need to go to an expensive place. I used to get a blunt cut for $10. It was perfect. They would also do layering, which looked fine too; I just switched to the $20 salon, because I liked the ambiance and the stylist better. A lot factors into why a salon charges so much. The location, the training and upkeep of the training, and the overall hype. Unless you're looking to have your hair cut in the latest cutting techniques by someone who has a fancy salon in a trendy area, you probably will be fine at some other place.

thestarsfall

I pay 0$$ cuz I cut mine myself...but I got GREAT results from a ~$20 salon. The major cost of the salon is rent, so if you are looking into a big city salon they will probably be more pricey and seem more qualified or whatever...but they could still give crap cuts.

I used to always just go to the magicuts or whatever and get like 10 buck cuts...but they always messed it up and it was never even (I got an A-line bob and the sides werent the same length...it was awful)....

Hence why I started cutting my own hair...
smiles.gif

kalice

I go to Korean or Chinese places that work really well with asian hair, and its about $10-$12 after tips.

I've gotten $60 haircuts at places that are more upscale but don't really understand the texture of my hair and how to manage it, and it's been absolute disasters.

sharyn

I've once been to a salon that was super expensive because I was really really unhappy with my hair and wanted the best hairstylist to help me - 140 Euro later, it looked even worse and I swore that I'd never again touch my hair and look like the armish from now on. then I found a nice salon with a very talented lady and since that, I pay 14.50 Euro + tips for cuts/triming and 16 Euro+tips for dying/bleaching. So yeah, you could say that the most expensive salon was the worst and the cheapest did the best job on my hair.

user79

The last place I got it cut I spent US $73 before tips on the cut. But I also got a head of foils done so it was even more.

Switzerland is an expensive place to live and services are expensive; even a cheap walk-in place will cost around US$50 unfortunately.

I don't mind spending a lot on my haircut though. I've had some awful cuts over time and as long as I am satisfied with the stylist, I'll pay (almost) anything. I usually go on recommendations from friends.

Shimmer

I've gone to "cheap" places and had fantastic cuts, and I've gone to "high end" salons and been PISSED when I left.

Really, it's word of mouth and just keeping an eye out for happy customers I think.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
I pay $50. I don't really get hair "cuts" though. I always get trims. I like my hair long

i saw your fotd's and love your hair and the way it's cut..

sabn786

i've been goin to the same girl for about 7 years..its usually about $45..but thats with wash, cut and blowdry..its also a pretty decent salon and she does an awesome job every time!

amoona

For a wash, (the most amazing) blow dry and a cute it's $60. I have VERY VERY thick hair. I go to this Arab guy who knows how to deal with thick Middle Eastern hair.

Other places I've been too couldn't even blow dry my hair because ... as one girl said ... "you have too much hair" haha.

princess lissa

Seek out a "beauty school" in your area. The cuts range from 10-20 dollars. I know it sounds scary, but it is really not that bad. They are well-trained and professionals are walking around and checking on them. The only thing is that it takes a lot of time because before each step they have to consult a professional. I go to Paul Mitchell School and I love it. The guy that does my hair is awesome and the cuts and color are very current and trendy. It's not like a stuffy hair salon.

ExquisiteImages

I only go to this one salon since she's the only one that I trust with my haircut along with highlights/lowlights. Haircut, wash, and style are $15 flat for girls/women. She's awesome!

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
i saw your fotd's and love your hair and the way it's cut..

Thanks!! the guy who cuts my hair is soo awesome. He'll add a little bit of layers with his special way and when my hair air-dries it'll naturally curl under and have lots of body. I love it!

Poshy

Here in Munich we have to pay a little bit more
weeping.gif
A good hair cut costs in Munich 70$ - 100$

d_flawless

i wouldn't pay more than $65-70.

the best haircut i got was free (my manager was a stylist for ten years), lol, but the worst haircuts i've ever had were on the cheaper side, not that you have to spend a fortune to have a great haircut. as shimmer pointed out, it's all word of mouth...if you like someone's hair, ask them where they get it done.