How much do you spend on hair cuts?

CincyFan

I go every 8 weeks for a cut and color and pay $80.

I don't think price matters though. It's all about the stylist. I know one gal that loved working in the lower priced chain salons but she was an excellent stylist. She didn't like the atmosphere and ridiculous pricing at upscale salons.

I'd look for people that have hair texture similar to yours and a style you like and ask them where they go. Finding someone that understands your hair is more important than price.

ginger9

Unfortunately I have a fear of getting my hair done as my mother tramatized me as a child. She would make me get perms at a very young age and back then the chemicals were horrible and I would cry because my scalp was literally burning and it hurt so bad. Every time I had to go to the salon I would cry. Then when I got a bit older she took me to the salon at Woolco and again I had a horrible experience. My hair was damaged so badly that I had horrible split ends for the longest time (until I could grow brand new hair). Once I was old enough to make my own decisions I swore I'd never put my hair through any type of processing.

Anyway to make a long story short I have super long hair and I get it trimmed about 3 times a year max. I want to get over my fear but it's always been an anxious experience for me. The most expensive cut I received was 50 bucks I was happy with the stylish the 1st time but on my second visit he went crazy and cut it super short and I looked like KD Lang. Now I just go for 20 - 30 dollar trims. Nothing to write home about I've never had good experiences
ssad.gif

medusalox

I pay $20, but that's because my stylist is a friend of a friend, so I get an 'in crowd' discount
smiles.gif
She's amazing.

I have a coworker who routinely spends $200 or so on her hair. She gets it cut, colored, and permed.....and then proceeds to box dye it and straighten it every single day. Yet she still goes and spends her $$$$ at the stylist. I don't get it. I think it's almost like a status thing to her...."I must be cool because I spend so much cash on my hair". Eh.

jdepp_84

The salon I go to does base color, highlights, cuts and style (EVERYTHING) for only $55 bucks!!!!!! ITs not as elegant as those places in the mall, but you bring them a picture of whatever you want and they seriously make it happen for $55!

ette

$0. A top hair dresser is my mom's best friend so he just does it...he's practically my brother.

enraptured

Aw, I wish I could find an inexpensive, yet experienced hairdresser in my area. :/ How much I spend usually depends on what I'm getting done. For just a simple cut though, I usually pay around $50. Back home is a different story though - I used to pay $80 for a haircut. Yikes. :/

I am actually considering going to a cheaper salon, but I'm planning on waiting until my friend gets her hair done there first. :p

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
I pay $20, but that's because my stylist is a friend of a friend, so I get an 'in crowd' discount
smiles.gif
She's amazing.

I have a coworker who routinely spends $200 or so on her hair. She gets it cut, colored, and permed.....and then proceeds to box dye it and straighten it every single day. Yet she still goes and spends her $$$$ at the stylist. I don't get it. I think it's almost like a status thing to her...."I must be cool because I spend so much cash on my hair". Eh.

Not only is that wasteful, but it's also probably ruining her hair. All that processing, ick