How much is your collection worth?

dramatEYES

Probably "only" (hey...it's all relative) around $1800 for MAC. I don't wanna think about how much it is with other brands :x

geeko

Up to date, my collection is worth about $19,000 usd

OMG!!!!!!! Includes mac and non mac

MAC alone takes up $13,200 usd....

Faintz.... needs to check into Cosmetics - aholic anoymous.

Daph_

Hm I have no clue what my make up stash is worth, probably only € 250 (that's like, $ 300 or so?) but my nail polish stash is huge and the colors alone are worth € 3,000 (which adds up to $ 4,000) and that's excluding all top and basecoats, swap stuff, Konad, nailart stuffies and all sorts of treatment.. Yikes!

Ah well, I stopped adding the price I payed for each polish in my spreadsheet so it's an estimation.. I took a price that I thought was average :p No need to know the actual worth :p

boyzeroo

The scary thing is that I've only been collecting for the past year and I've already accumulated approx. $6000 at least of prestige cosmetics from MUFE, Smashbox, MAC, Nars, Benefit, etc. and I'm not even that big of a makeup junkie, i'm a bigger skincare junkie. Oh ya...forgot to mention i'm a guy too.

It's been a long long time since i've been on specktra and i've updated my collection. Its crazy but now I have about $9500.

mommys-makeup

Just on my MAC palettes filled with e/s alone is worth $2,240. My MAC brushes is another $3,000 easy. And that's not including MAC blush palettes filled, quads, blush singles, foundations, powders, lipsticks, lipgloss, NARS products, and other products etc. etc. etc.!!!!!!!

captodometer

My brushes were $476. And the makeup was $1890. So entire collection is worth $2366: this includes everything, not just MAC.

I accumulated my stash over 5+ years, so it represents a really small percentage of my earned income over the time period. Even so, it's still a lot of makeup. I can't imagine owning a makeup collection that is worth more than a new car
shockt.gif

KaylaDMakeup

URGH, I covet some of you. my MAC collection is worth about $5000 NZD. not including brushes (that's about $1500 NZD)
I think that's about $4000 USD total.

I want more though.
Can't afford to now though as i have a baby so it like 1 eyeshadow a fortnight for me

The dumb thing is my old insurance wouldn't insure my collection under my contents insurance because it was a "special item" and it was going to cost me an extra $50 (40USD) a month to insure it, i told them to get stuffed and changed companies. and now i am fully insured in case something happened to it, at no extra cost!!!!

Mrs.JC

almost all my makeup is mac so... [FONT=&quot]$3,733.50, not including what i've had to replace or what i've thrown/given away (or lost, lol) in the past. i've been collecting since 05/06. glad to see i'm not batshit crazy after all. =)[/FONT]

WhatWouldJoanDo

thinking about how makeup doesn't keep and eventually goes bad; any new must-haves I will not open and store in a cool dry place until I use up some of my other items - this is the plan :)

Sequinzombie

Oh gosh you all make me feel so much better about my collection ;D Ive spent less then 700 but I also just started collecting.

Romina1

I recently threw away or gave away a lot of make up because I moved and I kept only what I use at least twice in a month, so what I have now costs only 2,000 USD in total. MAC costs 650 USD but I started collecting 2 months ago!

jadangel2001

gah if this is the average mac collection price, i'll stop wishing for holidays cos i cant see myself having money for them with my addiction!!

Care

without counting backups or the ACTUAL worth of some of these, my pigment collection is roughly worth $3,000 alone. Too scared to calculate everything together :X

WhatWouldJoanDo

FYI today's MSN health article:

[h=1]Germs lurking in old makeup: It isn't pretty[/h]
today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41972842/ns/today-today_health/

JaiLeeP

I am going to say mine is around 2000. That doesn't even include the amount of money I spend in my setup such as furniture/mirror/organizers etc. I know that it is not technically makeup, but it does go along with it in a way.

whatzoedid

my dad made me add up the other day how much my mac stuff is worth which is over £2000 and then i have loads of benefit and dior on top of that :/

jennifa

Just like Oscar Wilde and his mention of the 'love that dare not speak its name', I dare not guess let alone mention!!! The price that dare not speak its amount...
Lol, I like that :)

But since knowledge is power, I did the calculations, and my collection is worth about $4000, give or take a few hundred. I just turned 20, so yeah.... It's a bit sick :( I'm struggling to pay for tuition and save up for Law School and study abroad trips. My MU addiction is not helping!!!

Latest posts