How much is your collection worth?

afterglow

Oh man, I am just salivating over here over the sounds of your guys' collections. I have a small collection compared to you guys: around $550. I've been collecting since about December. I doubt I'll ever go past the $1000 mark though... being a student (and now an unemployed one) sucks!

What a fun topic!!!!! Lol ok so I went n got my calc and tallied it up.....

Drumroll please!!

$1,300 usd. Wow. And I just started oct/nov of '05. Not even half a year of addiction n its already that high?

I'm jealous of you lovelies with like ten thousand dollar collections

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow
Oh man, I am just salivating over here over the sounds of your guys' collections. I have a small collection compared to you guys: around $550. I've been collecting since about December. I doubt I'll ever go past the $1000 mark though... being a student (and now an unemployed one) sucks!

Some have been collecting for years though.

I have been for a while and when I added up mine it was only about 3K or so..I think I would have a heart attack if I found out I spent 8K or 22K. That is a down payment on a house or new car practically.

arbonnechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I don't want to know. I just don't want to know!

I hear ya!!!
lol.gif

thejadedstar

Dear lord. For the sake of modesty, lets just say that I have A LOT. Thousands. But in my defense I *did* sell my house last year, and went on a spree of sorts. I spent around a grand in one day, for my birthday last year. But besides that, the actual number dies with me!

*shudders* Also in my defense, I'm an aspiring MU artist, so... It will all be OK. LOL!

Now you guys see why I'm on a no buy, and shortly, a swapbreak!

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
What I want to know is those with 8 grand of makeup in your house

- what do you do for a living and are they hiring ?

I need a better job....quickly!

some people have been collecting for years...
To be honest to anyone with a good job a few hundred dollars a month is nothing. Add it up over the course of a few years and you get your 8K.

d_flawless

i think i'm close to $2,000 now...to be honest, i was only using their shadows, plus maybe a liner, CCB, and a paint, up until about 9 months ago, when i only had like 2 brushes. now, i'm more concerned about other products, specifically lipsticks (i bought my first with the lingerie collection), skin "finish"-type of stuff, and colored liners...i figure, it's crazy to keep spending like $400 a month on make up when i have other stuff i want to buy, so i just pick out a few things from LE collections, and other than that, i'm slowly trying to expand the permanent collection into my own
*edit*
as of 8/24/06, i'm @ about $3,300...wTF? i spent that much from march to now?

bebs

wanting to know got the better of me its almost 6k and I was wondering where money was going.. and thats only mac... I'm already on a no buy (everything but pigments and brushes)

but god damn my piggies alone were 2k+

gRiZeLda

Oh My.... Mines Is Tinney Winney Compared To Everyone Elses. Im A Middle Class Citizen, With No Job. Soo00o00o0 Over All I Have Caluculated $300.00 Not Bad. But I Still Want More! Thats Why I Dnt Want To Get A Job, Because Every Single Dime I Earn I Kno It All Going To Mac.

bottleblack

I started calculating my collection in an Excel spreadsheet...after I got to $400 worth of eyeshadows alone I didn't even want to know the rest.

kaliraksha

I'm probably only at about 1.5 grand.... which is a lot for me who use to be nitpicky about spending money on drugstore brand makeup

aziza

My M.A.C collection: $14.00. I just bought my first red lipsick from them and it's beautiful!

user3

My current total including non MAC is around $9,000 before I sold a good bit of my stuff it was around $12,000.

This does not include my brushes or any backups.

Once I get done giving away items, clearing out my stash and selling the total should be closer to $4,000

Shawna

Wow Vanessa, I would love to see that collection. Do we have a smilie for mouth watering? Anyhow, I refuse to add up my collection because I am scared if I know the total, my hubby will be able to read my mind and he'll have a complete fit
rofl.gif
I'm happier not knowing.

Latest posts