How much is your collection worth?

sharla

only about $270 CDN
but i suppose thats not too bad, only since october and i am 14 with no job, though i have a birthday coming up so i'm expecting it to rise to at least $400, ahha

sewpunk

I am about $300 in MAC...

in non mac stuff like skincare and Chanel products... over 2K easily. Most of it's were gifts cause people know it what I like, MAKEUP!!!

joraye

OK - I've been MAC'ing it since September 04....but I recently got really hardcore because of Specktra.

Anyways, I had started a spreadsheet about a month ago and I just update it with mine and the roomie's hauls everytime. It doesn't include doubles of studio fix, or empties of mascara and lipglass. I just used the current retail price on the website.....

$799.50....woo hoo. A little over two car payments....don't tell Mom.

user6

omg, all my makeup together is worth about 12,000!!!!! Wow, that's what I bought my car for!!!!!!! *feeling guilty* I'm going to donate to charity!!!

ShirleyK

Mine probably around US$120 since I joined Specktra that was around April I think... and I just went to Estee Lauder's Warehouse Sale... and it's awesome, the cut-offs are waaaaay huge different from retail... it was like 60-90%...

gummybug

Roughly $190. Counting actual price I paid, with a few of the items bought cheaper than retail here or on ebay. Plus various pigment samples that were gifts and extras.

XoXo

$4000 if that. Ive been collecting since February and I cant get enough. Most of the $$$ is pigments since I have 35 full sized. And lipsticks.

kymnasium

Perspective, people!

Alright. My mac collection is three eyeshadows and one warm eyes palette from this season's anniversary collection. I know that might sound piddly to many of you. I would have to agree. I have tons of other makeup; I'm a mac newbie.

On the "I can't believe what I spent" front, I propose, however, that you might want to keep a tiny use journal. Nothing too complicated. I have one in which I record when I use certain items, namely, any higher end item. I'll try to take pictures of the results ( I love me! I'm so hot! I like to take pictures of my finished face!) but often I just don't have time. With the mac eyeshadows, each of which I've had for a while now, I have a similar system. Each time I use one of them, I put a little tick mark on an index card with a golf pencil that I have at the bottom of my traincase. I know that for some of you, listing out each item would take forever, so I recommend that maybe you only do this with your most oft used items ( I swear this will make you feel so much better about your collections!).

Okay, so on my list, I have the three shadow names and a row of tick marks on it. Cranberry (the eyeshadow which I lost my MAC virginity with over 6 years ago!) has 74 little marks next to it. 74 days of radiant red! It cost me $13.50. That means that each use was a little over 18 cents. Each time I use it, the price of an individual use goes down.

Now, putting that together with all the other beauty staples that we all use each day, wouldn't you agree that making a daily donation of $3 to $5 (depending on your fragrance and number of products used) on your self, an investment in your mood and your image and your beauty, is completely worth it? We're making the world more beautiful. Don't think about how much you've spent total. That will only make you want to find an insurance agent who will cover it all.

Instead, think about every day that you've known you looked good. Every day that someone has hit on you or been envious of your great eyebrow arch, non-creasing shadow, ultra-plump pout or radiant skin. Remember that each time you use your makeup, you are spending fractions of dollars on yourself. If you can't do that, if you can't just spend a little of your money on making sure you feel confident and prepared to face the world, then you certainly should be concerned. You deserve to savor your makeup, and in so doing, you savor yourself.

lolachick

I think my collection is worth roughly $2000. That includes almost 100 lip glosses of various brands, about $300 of Nars blushes, and a whole crapload of MAC e/s, pigments, and assorted other odds and ends. And my collection is still small compared to any serious collector!

geeko

i've calculated mine...it's a shocking US$3000 for the past 10 months. and this is for MAC only...i only started collecting MAC seriously in December last yr..Yikes...3000 dollars in 10 months!!!!!

THIS is way too excessive for a college student like me. I've to decrease my expenditure on MAC! yikes!

n_c

I have a tiny collection, only about $730
smiles.gif

Kim.

Mine's nothing compared to people at Specktra; $300 and a LOT of items I'm not happy with ( MAs' give me wrong colours/items, I return them and I'm still not happy so I can't be bothered). I only have one face and I don't feel i need 634906279067 items I just pick what I like and what I think is good.

Sabrunka

So far around like, 500$ or so in the past month, that's when I started collecting, haha I'm terrible.

MacVirgin

lol!! i asked myself that question many times
greengrin.gif
.. hmmm don't know but i'm petty shure i can get me a very nice car!
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lol.gif

redambition

kymnasium, that post makes so much sense... but then it also means that i could justify spending outrageous amounts of moolah on more makeup!
lol.gif

my collection is worth AU$2200. eeek. that's a lot of money for less than 12 months of collecting.