How much time do you spend on your makeup..? (application)

Shoe Crazy

How much time on a normal work and/or school day do you spend doing your makeup? I try not to spend any more than 10-12 minutes tops on a normal work day doing my makeup. Now when I'm going out at night thats a whole other story but for work I have to keep things pretty natural. How about everyone else?

Janice

I don't wear MU to work since it's a very blue collar male dominated type enviroment.

singinmys0ng

during the week..just depends on what i feel..most of the time i just put some light foundation on and some mascara and blush and im ready lol..so that takes me 15 min..but when im going out ..it usualy takes me 30 min for my makeup

Chelsea

Well I just quit my job.. but before I was working at a mu counter. I would take 20-30 mins doing my makeup which wasn't all that fancy but I am so slow :p

beautifulxdisaster

I am so slow at my makeup, too like a turtle. For school in the morning I take 15 minutes and that only covers basics like eyebrows, eyeliner and concealer. When I do more with foundation sometimes blush, 20 minutes.

beautifulxdisaster

haha, yes *nods*
lol.gif

Julie

Chelsea, I'm with you. Usually it is 30-35 minutes for a full makeup . On a bad day when I can't get my eyebrows just right the it goes to 40-45 minutes. This is only during the work week because on the weekends it takes about an hour.
oh.gif
ops:

Shoe Crazy

15 minutes for me on a normal day usually consists of concealer, mascara some light e/s, blush and lip gloss. When I am doing full makeup its close to 40 minutes. I think I spend more time on my makeup then I do my hair! lol

beautifulxdisaster

Quote:
I think I spend more time on my makeup then I do my hair!

ah, that is true!!! I don't even brush it in the morning, however it does not go frizzy *thank you mom*

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
Quote:
I think I spend more time on my makeup then I do my hair!

ah, that is true!!! I don't even brush it in the morning, however it does not go frizzy *thank you mom*

me too
greengrin.gif
My hair is super straight, I just brush it 3x and I'm done
greengrin.gif

my make-up normally takes my 15-20 minutes, and I do foundation, blusher, brows, mascara, eyeshadow. I can be enjoyed for hours on my my make-up when I go out
lol.gif

Shawna

It takes me an hour from the time I get into the shower until I am done. Of course, if my son is helping with my makeup, the process gets waaaayyyy sllloooowwww. Usually about 15 -20 mins for makeup, but I am super fussy and new to the whole eyeshadow thing so I'll probably get faster as I learn.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
I am more turtley.

I bet I'm slower! hehe

Well, I take 1 hour total to get ready in the morning. That includes the shower & getting dressed.

My hair is short, so that usually only takes about 5 min.

As for the makeup, I usually take about 30-35 min to apply EVERYTHING. But, if I wake up late, I'll edit a bunch of steps out and try for a 15-20 min face.

If I'm going out, and want to apply lashes, or do more detail- that could take me between 45 min to an hour.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
from shower to finish i take 2 hours
ssad.gif

Ok, well your hair takes longer to dry than mine.

But I guess you win the Turtle Award!

winks.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
hehe... my hair is shorter now tho!! but nto quite as short as yours
winks.gif

My hair is almost to my chin now!!