How often do you wash your hair?

j_absinthe

I'm horrible.

Usually, it's every few weeks. I like to get a natural oil built up, or else my hair gets all afro'y and it turns against me. I've been getting into the habit of doing it more often though.

XShear

2-3 times a week. I find this keeps your hair healthier.

smiles.gif

dollbabybex

once or twice a week... prob every 4 days
with my extensions its such a pain washing it!ugh!
its refreshing seeing that most people dont wash it everyday
as a lot of people think im disgusting for doin it so little

although i USED to wash it every day and it needed that...so i kinda trained my hair...i did it every other then every 3 etc....

thewickedstyle

I have to wash it every day. I try to train it to need washing every other day, but my hair is so fine and I have bangs, so it gets oily fast. If I'm wearing it curly, I can usually get away with it an extra day. If I straighten it, though, I have to wash all the products out the next day.

Miss_M

I wash and condition my hair every other day with a mild every day or long hair shampoo/conditioner.

I never brush my hair since my hair is very long (down to my waistline), thick and wavy, so I have to use a comb with very wide teeth, otherwise it's impossible to comb my hair.

melliquor

I have to wash mine every other day otherwise my head will be itching like crazy. I usually brush it in the morning and then in the evening.

msmack

2-3 times a week, maybe less sometimes. I have curly, wavey hair to I never brush it. I comb in the bath with conditioner in it.

ginger9

I have stick straight, too much, long (just above my waist) asian hair. I hardly ever brush it, maybe just with my fingers.

I wash it everyday. Looks best if I wash it in the evening as I find sleeping overnight generally give it more volume (a bit of bed hair look) next day. If I wash it in the morning it stays very flat all day, which is okay if I want to go for that straight flat look but I generally don't like that as much.

user79

Every 2nd or 3rd day. If I have it back, it usually doesn't look greasy until the 3rd day. If I use styling products like mousse or pomade, I have to wash it the next day. The other thing is that I'm a smoker, so depending how my hair smells, I will wash it.

Kuuipo

Twice a day. With either Pantene or Asiance. Washing not only cleans the scalp,but stimulates it...and I always condition.I like clean,shiny,fragrant hair. I work in very close proximity to people in a hospital so I am very aware of wanting to always smell clean. As soon as I get home, I want to get rid of the germs of the day as well and go to bed clean.
Many people who have dandruff don't have dry scalps-its oil building up on dead skin and flaking off. Its also food for dustmites.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Gah if only it were that simple for me Kuuipo. I have dermatitis which is a pest lol. But I've found that not washing it as often has kinda helped with that.

meanders

I wash my hair every 2-3 days and brush it only when I'm styling it. It's pretty long and dyed red. I find washing it less often helps to keep the color truer longer.
pretty.gif

Ms.Amaranthine

I usually wash about four times a week. My hair too looks best the day after it's washed, but since I'm using a glaze now, I try to wash it more often.

I brush every morning and evening. I have to, or else my hair becomes a tangled mess.