How the heck do you wear heels? Please help!

astronaut

I love the look of heels. I just want one pair of pumps that won't kill me. I can handle heeled boots as long as I have an insert. A huge problem I have with heels are blisters. The edges scrape against my skin
ssad.gif
Heels that are tight do it, heels that are loose do it too. How do people wear them???

Shimmer

Bandaid makes a blister stick, it's magic. Or deodorant.

But it sounds like your heels don't fit you properly.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Good quality Shoes with sturdy heels, Proper fit and size...and practice makes perfect

What makes a quality shoe? ... and practice what?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
What makes a quality shoe? ... and practice what?

Not cheap shoes....you don't want hard shoes that cause blisters...you want shoes that are well constructed. Practice walking in the shoes everyday for a few minutes in your house

Buy gel inserts...heel cushions....to help with proper fit and to keep your feet from sliding forward and your heels from rubbing against the shoes

Shimmer

Personally, I like leather heels, they stretch and conform to the foot.
You don't want any hot spots, or pressure points from the shoe onto your foot.
You put it on and you walk around. That's your practice.
smiles.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Not cheap shoes....you don't want hard shoes that cause blisters...you want shoes that are well constructed. Practice walking in the shoes everyday for a few minutes in your house

Buy gel inserts...heel cushions....to help with proper fit and to keep your feet from sliding forward and your heels from rubbing against the shoes

I see. But I've learned the hard way that expensive shoe doesn't always equal quality/conformable shoe.

vocaltest

i wish i could wear heels, too. the last time i wore some was in june.. bought a gorgeous pair of heels from river island, went out for a friends birthday, the next day i had 3 inch wide blisters on the soles of my feet which then burst and pissed out blood the next few days. i couldn't walk for a week, and the skin on my feet there still isn't right (it looks 'thin') so now, i refuse to wear the damn things.

TISH1124

Quote:
I see. But I've learned the hard way that expensive shoe doesn't always equal quality/conformable shoe.

No proper size and fit along with quality normally helps....I assure you I have worn from cheap to very expensive and nothing hurts a foot like a really cheap made shoe....and that does not necessarily mean in the cost... Qulaity shoes can be bought at Ross for $20....Cheap shoes can cost $100... When I say cheap I mean in the construction of the shoe...I am just giving my opinions ....Of course wear what works for you....

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
i wish i could wear heels, too. the last time i wore some was in june.. bought a gorgeous pair of heels from river island, went out for a friends birthday, the next day i had 3 inch wide blisters on the soles of my feet which then burst and pissed out blood the next few days. i couldn't walk for a week, and the skin on my feet there still isn't right (it looks 'thin') so now, i refuse to wear the damn things.

Ouch. They get really bad for me too. Considering so many people wear heels, there must be a trick out there. I'm not convinced that everyone suffers!

caffn8me

Avoid shoes made of synthetic materials - leather is much better (with a leather lining too) as it breathes and shapes to your foot. If there are sore spots on your feet where the shoes rub you can apply something called Moleskin which is a self adhesive soft cotton padded fabric. It really helps but put it on before the blisters develop. If you do get blisters then you need to try something else.

The bottom line really is that if your shoes are rubbing then they are probably not a good fit. Leather shoes will break-in but synthetic material shoes probably won't.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
They're not going to kill, but they're not very attractive either. :/

Yeahhh but I think with the right outfit, they can look totally classy
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Yeahhh but I think with the right outfit, they can look totally classy
smiles.gif

I personally don't see those looking right even if you were wearing them naked...But that's my opinion...those are shoes my 80 year old grandma wore...I swear

BloopBloop

steve madden shoes never hurt me. i love the height, the higher the heel, the better (imo)!! I feel that i have better posture with high heels, and walk better with them on than with sneakers.

like with any other shoes, you need to break them in before taking them out on the town. wear them in and around the house for a couple days so they loosen up and get along with your feet.

and like i said, the higher the heel the better. i dunno about you guys but small-mid height heels (1-2") hurt more than 4"+ to me.

TISH1124

I have a hard time walking in Flats or heels under 3" I trip over my own flat feet! 3.5 to 4 is my comfort zone

astronaut

Quote:
I personally don't see those looking right even if you were wearing them naked...But that's my opinion...those are shoes my 80 year old grandma wore...I swear

I'm into the matronly style so I don't mind looking like an 80 year old woman.

Latest posts