How the heck do you wear heels? Please help!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm into the matronly style so I don't mind looking like an 80 year old woman.

If you like that style then don't take any notice of what anyone else says. We're all individuals and I'm sure those who don't like them will have clothes or shoes that others find utterly hideous.

My big objection to those shoes is that they are entirely synthetic material which is better avoided in my opinion.

COBI

For me, every single pair of heels is a different story. I can not buy heels without trying them on and walking about a bit to see how they feel.

Even shoes that look the same usually fit and feel different from each other.

I don't really think there is any "secret" to wearing them other than making sure they are the proper fit for *your* foot.

For example, I like a taller heel for the look, but I have an issue (undiagnosed as they can't see anything on film yet) if there is too much pressure placed on the outside of the ball of my right foot. So, blisters aren't an issue for me typically, but the angle of the foot in the shoe is HUGE for me.

In the last few weeks, I've bought 13 pairs of heels, primarily for work (in an office) so nothing too fancy:
02-07-09035.jpg

An idea of the heel height:
02-07-09038.jpg

2-14-09001.jpg

Again, there's no real secret except for fit, fit, fit IMHO.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm into the matronly style so I don't mind looking like an 80 year old woman.

Sounds like they will be perfect for you then...If you like them and they feel comfy on you that is all that matters...not the material or how they look to anyone else. Wear what suits you the best.

MissResha

lol i ALWAYS bring flip/flops or some kind of comfy shoe whenever i wear heels. I buy a lot of my shoes from BAKERS, and they're comfy, but even after a few hours there's some normal foot pain. i take them off right as i'm leaving work and throw on my sneakers. i could never be one of those girls who wears heels ALL day. i just cant do it.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
02-07-09035.jpg

02-07-09038.jpg

2-14-09001.jpg

COBI, I DEMAND to know where you shop for your shoes! :p They're all so cute!<3 Especially that second to last pink/beigeish one with the laces

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
COBI, I DEMAND to know where you shop for your shoes! :p They're all so cute!<3 Especially that second to last pink/beigeish one with the laces

I got lucky. The top pic were all purchased from Burlington Coat Factory stores; I think it's a regional chain. All six pairs cost me under $100 ("original" retail value of over $350, I believe). I LOVE this time of year; clearance pricing is so good right now! I found two at one store; so then I stopped at two other locations on my way home and found two more at each store.

The bottom pic: The four pairs on the left were purchased from JCPenney for $8 each! ($32 for about $200 original retail cost). Clearance again; plus bought shoes for nieces (that they picked out, non-heeled) for $8 each. And the other three in the pic were from Marshall's; all for under $40 total, IRC. The pair with laces are by Guess and I think they were under $15!

So, all together the 13 pairs were about $160. There were several pairs that I didn't buy because they didn't feel right to me; I couldn't stand in them or walk in them or they pinched, etc.

And I do what MissResha does: always have a "comfy" backup just in case, or if I'm going to be sitting at my desk for a while, I'll just slip my shoes off.

funkychik02

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
For me, every single pair of heels is a different story. I can not buy heels without trying them on and walking about a bit to see how they feel.

Even shoes that look the same usually fit and feel different from each other.

I don't really think there is any "secret" to wearing them other than making sure they are the proper fit for *your* foot.

For example, I like a taller heel for the look, but I have an issue (undiagnosed as they can't see anything on film yet) if there is too much pressure placed on the outside of the ball of my right foot. So, blisters aren't an issue for me typically, but the angle of the foot in the shoe is HUGE for me.

In the last few weeks, I've bought 13 pairs of heels, primarily for work (in an office) so nothing too fancy:
02-07-09035.jpg

02-07-09038.jpg

2-14-09001.jpg

Again, there's no real secret except for fit, fit, fit IMHO.

I have the shoes on the bottom right. I agree, it's all about fit. Also, quality materials make a huge difference.

astronaut

*sigh* I guess in the end some of you ladies got what you wanted. Those heels weren't even available in my size. How about these ones? They look comfortable? They're from the same brand, but are of different material I think. This one is available in my size... currently at least.

LifeStride Spree (Black) - Dress Comfort

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
have you tried some cute heels with just a strap on the back? they might not rub and hurt as much

I find I get blisters from straps too!
ssad.gif

Shimmer

IME a 2.5" heel is the hardest to walk in because it's such an unnatural feeling height to me. I stumble in them.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
IME a 2.5" heel is the hardest to walk in because it's such an unnatural feeling height to me. I stumble in them.

I think a lot depends on height and length of foot. I find 2.5" heels absolutely perfect for me and rarely wear anything else but I am tall and have big feet.

A 2.5" heel on a size 6 shoe gives a very different foot angle to a 2.5" heel on a size 12 shoe.

L1LMAMAJ

I read on Allthatglitter's blogspot that she puts vaseline on the areas where her heels would rub against her feet and it prevents blistering. Try that!