• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to digitally retouch your skin with a natural look (Photoshop)

citrusoap

Before
CIMG52522.jpg

and after
CIMG5252.jpg

If you prefer a natural look than a rubbery game character like this
CIMG525222.jpg

This is relatively easy.
You will need Photoshop, any version is fine.

Decide which area of your skin you would like to fix. (I've decided to get rid of some of my freckles)

Take the Stamp tool:
stamp.jpg

Hold down "Alt" on your keyboard and click a clean area of your skin that is right next to the freckle (or pimple or whatever you want to fix)

You have just created a stamp of your clear skin (hoorah!)

Let go of "Alt" and stamp the over the freckle with your stamp.

You will have to create a new stamp (by holding down alt and clicking) everytime you want to fix a new area.

Here's a diagram:
fix.jpg

i.e if you wanted to fix the freckle in Area 1 (in red) then you would "Alt+ click" area 2 to create a stamp of clear skin because the pigment and lighting is relatively similar.

I hope that helps!
(and makes sense!)
cheerleader.gif

j_absinthe

I would've gotten ride of the stray hairs in front of your right hair, but that's just me. Also, I would advise looking into the Clone tool. Same kind of thing, but it leaves things looking a bit more natural; there are still spots where I see the texture of your skin suddenly disappear.

hth.

citrusoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I would've gotten ride of the stray hairs in front of your right hair, but that's just me. Also, I would advise looking into the Clone tool. Same kind of thing, but it leaves things looking a bit more natural; there are still spots where I see the texture of your skin suddenly disappear.

hth.

Thanks
Its really just a quick tutorial on what I know in terms of removing any pimples/imperfections on the face. Not really a definitive guide to making your face look perfect
smiles.gif

I've never used the clone tool before, it feels kind of awkward for me.
Maybe you should do a tutorial for the clone tool.

Latest posts