• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to get more product from your UDPP -- LOTS of pics!

Skeeta

I really cannot believe how much was in there. I thought I had about 2 more uses left in mine, but this will last me forever.

romi79_2008

I have the same problem with the smashbox primer and I don`t know where to look for a solution, do you have any idea?

Mabelle

BEfore you ladies bust open the packaging, try removing the inserted lip (the one that takes the excess product off the wand). I do this (once there doenst seem to be much product on the wand) and have enough UDPP for about 5-7 months afterwards. Might spare getting yourself cut!
smiles.gif

cathyviolet

Right, I just cut my UDPP open and filled a 5g jar plus 1/4 of another 5g jar.

If you feel as though you are running out of UDPP first take out the 'stopper' then you'll see that you'll get loads more out from just doing that. Once you have got out as much as you can, go ahead and cut it in half, you'll be shocked at how much you have left.

Just make sure you have your jars ready to store it all!

C

mello

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but they actually put a new wand on the thing! it's curved off the the side now, instead of straight.

This is great information, thanks! I'm new to using UDPP and bought it for the first time about a week ago, so I'll definitely make sure to do this when it starts getting low.

Girlfit

this topic really just irritates me. Why people are still performing surgery on their tubes is beyond me. Y'all are doing WAY more work than you need to.

Just take out the plastic insert. That's all. Its what is put in tubes like this (like mascara, lip gloss tubes) to suck excess product off the wand so you don't end up with a globby mess when you remove the wand from the tube. If you've ever gotten a tube of mascara or lipgloss that was missing one of these due to a manufacturer mistake, you'll know what a mess you have when you don't have that insert in there.

When you get to the point where you think your tube is DEAD, just remove the insert. You'll get much more product on the wand (not the doe tip, the actual shaft of the wand) and you can take it off with your finger or a brush. Your UDPP won't dry up this way either, as it does when you try to transfer it to a jar.

Although, if you still want to go through all that nonsense to cut your tube apart, that's your crazy choice. You just don't have to.
th_dunno.gif

Girlfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
BEfore you ladies bust open the packaging, try removing the inserted lip (the one that takes the excess product off the wand). I do this (once there doenst seem to be much product on the wand) and have enough UDPP for about 5-7 months afterwards. Might spare getting yourself cut!
smiles.gif

YES. Amen sister. After I remove the insert on mine, it lasts me around 3-4 months more as well. I find that when its dead by that point, its DEAD.

Almond_Eyed

I really don't mean to a smart @ss or anything... but doesn't the 5 gram jar refer to how much powder product will fit in the jar? I always assumed these jars were for powder products like pigments.

I'd imagine that the weight of the UDPP is much heavier than powder... so technically you'd be more concerned with the VOLUME of product you got... i.e. a volume of 5mL of water will weigh 5 grams, but 5 grams of powder and 5 grams of UDPP would not be the same volume.

Even if it was a 5gram/5mL jar based on water, I don't think UDPP weighs the same... so I'm guessing you got way more than 5 grams of UDPP in a "5 gram jar."

I'm sorry... I'll shut up now.

<3

Geraldine

I took out the "stop" thingie in the mouth of the tube and had about 3 more months of product. I depotted mine and it dried very fast. I don't have 5g jars, so I put it in a ziploc bag, maybe this is why it dried at the next day.

Pics of how much it was left, and the last one I put the bag on my scale just to have an idea of how much it was.

Sorry about my eyelash in the product:
acapulcoII082-Copy.jpg

acapulcoII083-Copy.jpg

acapulcoII088-Copy.jpg

5g or 1/4oz:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...II089-Copy.jpg

missmay

my first tube that i got lasted me...3months or so when i thought it ran out...i didnt bother to see if anything was left. i went and bought the tooface one instead. i wish i had seen this post a long time ago. lol.

starlaj

i had heard bad things about how little product you get with UDPP so this is incredibly helpful , ill have to share this with friends
smiles.gif
xx

soezje

I am so glad I have the tube now so I dont have to mess around anymore with my little pots =)

Latest posts