• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to get more product from your UDPP -- LOTS of pics!

Jeisenne

Hi lovely people of Spektra! This isn't really a detailed tutorial (please move if it's in the wrong thread), just more of a before/after thing.

First eyebrows, then how to salvage an "empty" UDPP tube.

This is dedicated to the people who don't think that grooming eyebrows makes a difference. It makes a HUGE difference. This is truly embarrassing. I inherited my Dad's eyebrows, and he's Asian and they tend to grow sparse in some spots. I grew them out so that I could just wax them, and also to photo document how they are in their natural nastiness. Sorry about this, but I don't think anybody has worse brows than me, so if I can tame them, there is hope for the others out there.

Also, damn the marketing department of Urban Decay for saying that there's no wasted product in their tube. I saved myself $16, which I will now go spend on a Lipglass.

On to the mess of photos. They're clickable thumbnails to save your browser from the onslaught of larger sized photos.

Here are my yeti brows in their natural state. This was a difficult four weeks to endure, as I let them grow out. I resisted the urge to tweeze, to pluck, or groom them so I could take a photo of this:

See how they even ruin a nice eyeshadow application? I rang in the new year with stanky brows, yo!

It's now 2008 and it's time to get back to regular form. Thirty minutes and some hot wax later: viola, a nice neat arch! Sorry no makeup, I had just deep cleansed my skin so it's looking rough, freckles and all.

Brow filler, and some eye makeup later, we have:

See the difference brows can make? I used Embark, Stars n' Rockets, Parrot, and Blacktrack Fluidline. Light dusting of MSF medium on skin. No SF powder, blush, etc. because I don't do heavy makeup right after a deep cleanse.

Now on to the Urban Decay Primer Potion:

Pardon the mess on my desk. The flash washed out some of the earlier photos and my hands were full of UDPP so I wasn't going to fiddle with the camera too much. This is the tube after opening. Note the product stuck INSIDE the curvy areas.

I managed to salvage almost a full 5g sample jar from the BOTTOM part of the tube alone. This is just one side.

You can see the full 5g jar in the background. By this point I said screw it and I got one of my Sephora sifter jars, I forget what size it is but I put it next to the 5g for comparison later. I even used a mini spatula from my kitchen to try and get everything out.

After emptying out the 5g jar into the larger one:

And this is why we lose so much product; it all gets stuck in the curves of the tube!

I sent Urban Decay an email and I included these photos. I just want them to stop telling people that the tube is straight and that product does not get stuck in the packaging, because the tube is clearly not straight, and product does get stuck.

I bought this tube on Feb. 14, 2007 at the Sephora downstairs from the MAC FS store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I bought my Barbie MAC stuff, went downstairs to try out UDPP and see what the hype was all about. I love UDPP, but I'm glad I discovered this with my first tube instead of having found out about this three or four tubes down the line. I salvaged about 10g worth of product (I figure 2 of the 5g sample jars would be full) and that alone is enough to last me for all of 2008.

Empty those tubes guys and gals!

nics1972

Re: RANT: Eyebrows, UDPP -- LOTS of pics!

omg.gif
wtff.gif

That is a TON of product !!!! Thank you for posting this !!!

VioletB

Thank you SOOO MUCH!! I just want to know one thing. How the hell did you get the tube to split so perfect like that? Did you use a knife?
th_dunno.gif

nunu

wow!! thanks for posting this!! what did you open/cut your udpp with?

Jeisenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
wow!! thanks for posting this!! what did you open/cut your udpp with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Thank you SOOO MUCH!! I just want to know one thing. How the hell did you get the tube to split so perfect like that? Did you use a knife?
th_dunno.gif

I used an Exacto knife, and very steady hands
smiles.gif
I scored the tube on the outside first with the blade and then I pushed in and did the actual cutting of the tube.

chameleonmary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisenne
I sent Urban Decay an email and I included these photos. I just want them to stop telling people that the tube is straight and that product does not get stuck in the packaging, because the tube is clearly not straight, and product does get stuck.

I bought this tube on Feb. 14, 2007 at the Sephora downstairs from the MAC FS store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I bought my Barbie MAC stuff, went downstairs to try out UDPP and see what the hype was all about. I love UDPP, but I'm glad I discovered this with my first tube instead of having found out about this three or four tubes down the line. I salvaged about 10g worth of product (I figure 2 of the 5g sample jars would be full) and that alone is enough to last me for all of 2008.

Empty those tubes guys and gals!

Thanks so much for letting them know, I hope they wake up a little and consider different packaging (maybe even a pot, or am I too hopeful?)

Jeisenne

Honestly I doubt they'll do anything about the packaging. You throw all the excess away, you go out and buy another tube. UD profits from your purchase. Who are they to care that there was at least 10 grams of product left inside?

I used to work for a marketing department so I know what kind of sleazy tricks are out there, but i really hope they do something about this. I'd still buy UDPP, it's hands down the best primer I've used, but I like to get my money's worth out of a product and if it means destroying the tubes once I can't fish anymore out otherwise, then so be it.

angelamarie

Thanks for the tutorial. I think it's horrible that UD is lying to customers by saying the tube is straight. I'm glad MAC's paint pots work better for me as an e/s primer as I won't be buying from UD anymore...

GlamYOURUs

Wow thanks so much! I love UD and their genie bottles are cute but thats it. I was about to throw my Foundation, Concealer and PP away because they are near the end or so I thought. I'v got some sawing to do.

glamdoll

WOW. I did this w/ a tube of UDPP that I havent touched for over 6months, but kept because the packaging was cute. I thought it was DONE because NOTHING cameout, well I cracked it w/ a hammer, and OMG!!!!!!

There was soooooo much product left. SO much. I putit into a lil jar and it filled it up!! wtf. I am sooo disappointed w/ U.D.

I am totally e-mailing them, I too took pictures of the process that I will be sending. Thanks so much for this!

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
WOW. I did this w/ a tube of UDPP that I havent touched for over 6months, but kept because the packaging was cute. I thought it was DONE because NOTHING cameout, well I cracked it w/ a hammer, and OMG!!!!!!

There was soooooo much product left. SO much. I putit into a lil jar and it filled it up!! wtf. I am sooo disappointed w/ U.D.

I am totally e-mailing them, I too took pictures of the process that I will be sending. Thanks so much for this!

OMG! I just got done doing that. I cracked it open with a hammer and kitchen knife lol. I filled up a 5 gram jar and another jar but it was like those blistex pots? I had a old one so I cleaned it and put it in there. I've had my udpp tube for like 9 months now and I've used it pretty much every other day and stilll soooooo much more left. This is such a rip off! I threw one tube away before because I thought I was done. I'm so emailing urban decay. I think if we all email them ..hopefulllyyy! they will change the packaging.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll

I wanna see the photos!

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I wanna see the photos!

Yeah Ill upload them onto the "say cheese" section. I took pics of when the tube was cracked open, then the lil jar I filled up. So yeah! ill post them. Im going to e-mail U.D as soon as Im done w/ my house stuff!

smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

WOW. That's a LOT of potentially wasted product!!!

One thing that really bothers me: Tons of women are throwing out these little plastic tubes every day, thinking there's no more product inside, and then going and buying new tubes, and this is FILLING UP OUR LANDFILLS very quickly! Shame on U.D. for that. Just a though
winks.gif

Thanks SO MUCH for posting...I've heard many a gal say you're not really done with the tube when you think you are, but gosh...I had NO idea!

Latest posts