• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to get more product from your UDPP -- LOTS of pics!

duch3ss25

Wow thanks for showing this! I was so happy when I found out about taking out the plastic stopper, thinking I'm getting most of the product out. I had no idea. This is so much better!

Love Always Ivy

i was about to chuck out my UDPP anyday now, but when i saw this yesterday i said HEY lets give it a go. I had been getting close to nothing out of my wand and i figure it was almost dead since ive had this tube for a year...... well.... i wasnt able to saw it in half, but i did pop off the bottom cap to the UDPP and the top ring, and i used to wand to scoop out tons from both sides. i filled a 5g jar to the BRIM. i chucked the rest because i just didnt have any where else to store it. this 5 g jar is gonna last me like another year. its seriously so much since you really use like none of it each application.

damn, i have a backup tube of udpp also. between the 5g jar and the new tube, ill have UDPP for life.

msmack

Thanks soooo much! UDPP is hard to find in Canada so I was really sad when mine started to run out. I sawed it open and found a crap load!! Now I have enough to last me at least another year~ I never thought there would be THAT MUCH left in the tube!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

discopie

wow that's amazing.... and very impressive that you were able to bisect the primer potion bottle so evenly!

lil_kismet

WOW! Thankyou so much for revealing this to us! I've been nearing the end (or so I thought) of my tube of UDPP and was about open my backup any day now.

Have any of you who have emailed UD received any responses yet??

alehoney

thanks so much for this!! hmmm to think i was about to go buy a new one.. i have so much more left!!
greengrin.gif

SChotgurrl

I just used an exacto knife to cut mine open too!!! WTFFFFFF it looked like peanut butter smeared ALL inside the tube....I'm so glad I caught this post before I threw mine away, too!!! I filled up a 5g sample jar as well...I'll put the pics up in a few ;-)

Lasha5476

I just read about this on another site Clumps of Mascara and was about to share the info as well. I've never used UDPP but knew a lot of other people do. I guess I will run out and cop me a tube and give it a try
also.

Thanks for the post

Jeisenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_kismet
WOW! Thankyou so much for revealing this to us! I've been nearing the end (or so I thought) of my tube of UDPP and was about open my backup any day now.

Have any of you who have emailed UD received any responses yet??

I know some of the girls on LJ have gotten responses but here I am a few days later and I still have yet to hear from UD. I sent them these pictures the day before I posted here too! I think they're quietly hoping I'll forget and go away lol :p

Oh and updated picture from when it was all said and done:

7e357a40.jpg

I split up the big jar into two small 5g jars and screwed the lids on tight so that nothing would dry out. I'm still using what's left in the larger jar, and I'm nowhere near making a dent in it yet. I think I'll give one of the 5g jars to my Mom, and I'll probably still have enough UDPP to last for 2008.

iheartangE

Oh man I wish I found this out before I was on my fourth tube haha! But I just did this and it's so ridiculous...I got soooo much stuff out of it! Thanks for posting this
smiles.gif

lil_kismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisenne
I know some of the girls on LJ have gotten responses but here I am a few days later and I still have yet to hear from UD. I sent them these pictures the day before I posted here too! I think they're quietly hoping I'll forget and go away lol :p

Well, when/if you get a response, I would love to hear what they have to say about it!
smiles.gif
Please do update us if you hear from them!

I just did this myself and filled up most of a .01oz screwtop jar! Sorry, I didn't take pictures of the process! But Jeisenne's photos say it all! There is seriously soooooo much product left to last me at LEAST another 8 months if not longer! It is astounding to think how much product would be wasted if I were to throw away the tube...

kokometro

Thank you!!
That's going to save ton of money. I hate throwing out product and they should offer a recycling incentive.. (IMHO). Now.. can we figure out how to get Smashbox primer out of the bottle after you've only used 1/3 of it. GRRR

gigglegirl

Does anyone HATE the spongey-type applicator of UDPP? I've only used this product a handful of times b/c I hate the wand. Has anyone tried to empty a pretty much full bottle into jars for better brush application? ....tempted to try this anyways.... :S then maybe I'd get more use out of this.

I'm just wondering if anyone who's salvaged some, does it seem drier in a sample jar?

Thanks!

tchristi

just when i thought my was empty, thanks to u i have like a new one, and i dont have to buy a new one anytime soon.
great

Dreamergirl3

wow, this is good news (kinda, lol)! sweet for knowing how to get more product out of my primer...but that's lame of UD

gigglegirl

Okay so I was fed up, bored b/c I don't want to study so I took out an exacto knife, a sample jar and a cheap-o small brush to try and empty this sucker. UDPP--I hate your applicator, not to mention the bottle!

I found it hard to cut through and pry the bottle open--a wee bit messy i'd say, all over my fingers. A new bottle (which I had used about 3-4 times) filled two 5 g jars of what I could salvage off the brush and bottle.

I'm off to write to UD to perhaps offer us an alternative. No need for it (IMO) to be in this genie type bottle--so much hides in crevices, the applicator sucks. Why not follow a paintpot type example? Bah this may be my first and only UDPP bottle. Paint pots are pretty good as well after you apply a light layer and let it dry--plus there's a wide array of colours!

viverr

be very careful when cutting the tube! i tried, knife slipped, and got stitches..... my UDPP tube cracked on the bottom FIRST time i used it because i accidentally dropped it on the floor (it was only a 45 cm drop too) so i resorted to cutting it open like so many of the girls here have done. anyway, be careful!

CantAffordMAC

I almost cut myself too. It was SO HARD to open this. I tried for about 30 minutes and finally got that bad boy open.

Got 2 5g jars of UDPP. I bought this in 2006 lol. So yeah. It was so messy i had it all over my hands...and I almost ruined my mom's kitchen knife.

gigglegirl--I don't like the sponge either. It puts hardly anything onto your eye!

Latest posts