How to grow longer lashes

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
pictures would be much appreciated! i love the feedback i'm getting from this thread! thank u so much.
smiles.gif
i value your girls' opinions over commercials and ads.
greengrin.gif

This is why I love this forum so much, people don't waste time and you get honest reviews about products.

Just a warning about the castor oil, I wouldn't recommend it for eye use for the reason that if you put it on your scalp undiluted, it kinda stings/burns you so I mixed it up with coconut oil. Even if you dilute it and leave it on for a long time (ie overnight) your head will hurt real bad even after you have washed it. I wouldn't put it near my eyes because I assume if it got in your eye, it would really hurt.

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
This is why I love this forum so much, people don't waste time and you get honest reviews about products.

Just a warning about the castor oil, I wouldn't recommend it for eye use for the reason that if you put it on your scalp undiluted, it kinda stings/burns you so I mixed it up with coconut oil. Even if you dilute it and leave it on for a long time (ie overnight) your head will hurt real bad even after you have washed it. I wouldn't put it near my eyes because I assume if it got in your eye, it would really hurt.

Thanks for the caution, but it may possibly be that you had a reaction or allergy to it? Because I have put organic castor oil on both my scalp (massaging it in) and eyelashes and I have NEVER EVER had any burning, pain, or irritation of any sort. I follow a lot of blogs where others have done the same w/ no adverse results. . . I got mine from the health food store & it says it's fine/great for the skin. . .

Like any product, I think you just have to try it for yourself, with CAUTION, recognizing that what worked for one person may not work for you. . .

But I have never experienced anything uncomfortable or painful w/ using Castor Oil on a daily basis.

HTH

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicanDiva2
Thanks for the caution, but it may possibly be that you had a reaction or allergy to it? Because I have put organic castor oil on both my scalp (massaging it in) and eyelashes and I have NEVER EVER had any burning, pain, or irritation of any sort. I follow a lot of blogs where others have done the same w/ no adverse results. . . I got mine from the health food store & it says it's fine/great for the skin. . .

Like any product, I think you just have to try it for yourself, with CAUTION, recognizing that what worked for one person may not work for you. . .

But I have never experienced anything uncomfortable or painful w/ using Castor Oil on a daily basis.

HTH

Hi,

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer, the problem occurred with my friend and not with me, I've never had issues with it but she reported a burning sensation so she might just be sensitive
smiles.gif

kimmae17

these are my results with lilash so far. i did have some irritation for the first 3-4 days, but it then went away. first pic is before i started and second is after only two weeks. unfortunatly its hard to tell the difference becuase one pic was indoors and the second was outdoors using macro.

142.jpg

after two weeks
IMG_3860.jpg

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
these are my results with lilash so far. i did have some irritation for the first 3-4 days, but it then went away. first pic is before i started and second is after only two weeks. unfortunatly its hard to tell the difference becuase one pic was indoors and the second was outdoors using macro.

142.jpg

after two weeks
IMG_3860.jpg

they definitely do look longer!! thanks for the pictures!
smiles.gif

kimmae17

yeah its hard to take pics that really show the difference. they curl a lot so from above its hard to tell. i should have taken pics from the side!

user79

I was stupid and didn't take before pics but my results have been dramatic. I might try and take a recent pic soon and see if I can find a close up from a FOTD before I started using Lilash. I get a lot of comments on YT from people who have also noticed, even just in video. When I look down now I can actually feel my eyelashes touching the skin on my lid it's crazy. I think you will notice amazing results after about 2 months of use. Also they are really curled upwards now whereas before they were more straight. I rarely wear false lashes now because my own lashes are so long and much thicker than before. I'll def repurchase even though the price is high, the tube will last you a really long time and it's still much cheaper than eyelash extensions which are only semi-perm anyway.

LatteQueen

I use it to grow my super sparse brows in too! It works SOOO fast! my bottom lashes touch my cheek now & my top ones touch my brow bone! People tell me I have the longest lashes they've seen. . . this is my secret! lol

*blank stare*

User38

you guys are Baaaaaaaad and I am seriously tempted to try something chemical and give up my fakes
greengrin.gif

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I am so gonna try these....But only is my RX plan covers it....

I don't think insurance covers this. My cousin's friend is an optometrist and she said its about $90 at the pharmacy....
ssad.gif
otherwise I would've gotten it also.

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm not ruling out that it does work, but Lilash contains an active ingredient that is actually proven to cause lash growth - I have read that the ingredient is the same that is found in some glaucoma medicine which would explain the high price, and that many people who suffer from glaucoma and take this medicine have long lashes as a side effect. So Lilash used this same ingredient that's why it's pricey.

That's pretty much the same with Latisee. (Or so what my eye doctor says.)

Nicala

What would be the best way to apply castor oil on your lashes? E/l brush or disposable mascara wand?

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
What would be the best way to apply castor oil on your lashes? E/l brush or disposable mascara wand?

I use a mascara wand, then a pointed q tip to apply to my lash line

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
I use a mascara wand, then a pointed q tip to apply to my lash line

ditto. Castor oil can also be used to cleanse the skin w/, like in the Oil Cleansing Method...when combined w/ another oil such as Olive or Jojoba, it helps purge the skin and removes makeup, so I also use it to take my eye m/u/ mascara off. That way, I figure I'm getting an extra dose of it, since I use it on a cottonball first to remove the m/u, then apply w/ a q-tip or mascara wand after washing my face!!!

Please not that I am only using the CO that you can buy at health food stores...it's cold-pressed and organic I believe...I don't know about any other kinds you might get at a grocery or drugstore...I probably wouldn't trust those around my eyes...after all, it is also used as a laxative I've heard...

HTH

dirtball

someone mentioned latisse...all im gonna say is that it has some really negative side effects. i mean, i smoke cigarettes so who am i to talk, but im just letting you know. listen to the commercial, it can darken the skin on your eyelids permenantly, it can cause BLINDNESS etc.

id suggest the semi permenant eyebrow/eyelash tint that you can buy at a beauty supply store (obviously dont use an excessive amount or apply sloppily bc its probably no tthe best thing to get into your eye either! or just wear false eyelashes. i mean i wear them anyway just because theyre fabulous.

hauteness

I've been a total skeptic on these kinds of products but I started using Ardell Brow and Lash Accelerator about a month ago. My lashes have grown literally about a quarter of an inch longer, and since they were long to begin with they are now almost too long for me. I actually bought it to help fill in my brows though, which so far, have longer hairs but they aren't thicker than when I started.

Babylard

I've been using Fusion Beauty's Stimulash eyelash growth that I got at Sephora for $96 Canadian and I LOVE IT!! it made a difference in my lashes. It makes my lashes grow faster especially after chopping them with my curler and my lashes have gotten longer and thicker. its especially noticable when i wear mascara. my bottom lashes are lovely!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauteness
I've been a total skeptic on these kinds of products but I started using Ardell Brow and Lash Accelerator about a month ago. My lashes have grown literally about a quarter of an inch longer, and since they were long to begin with they are now almost too long for me. I actually bought it to help fill in my brows though, which so far, have longer hairs but they aren't thicker than when I started.

i use this but i haven't seen results! maybe i need to be more consistent. = 1/4 of an inch is really long!! i'm gonna keep using mine. =) thanks!

Nicala

I've been using castor oil on my lashes. Bought the bottle at Walmart for about $3 - loads cheaper than at a drugstore. I began to see the difference of my lashes within 2 days of applying it nightly. Great, cheap, wonderful beauty trick!