• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***How to take better makeup pictures with your camera***

puffyamiyumifan

this is the best tut! I really suck at taking pics and I have a nice canon powershot pro1- now I gotta go try it out again
smiles.gif

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars818
I have a Cannon SD400 and I looked it up and I don't have a manual shutter speed adjustment
ssad.gif
. That really bums me out because Canon are supposed to be the best!! My pictures definately look NOTHING like yours. You'rs come out so amazing so natural. Mine are very Flash washed adding a very Orange tint to my tan skin.....

My biggest problem is when using NO FLASH, my pictures 9 times out of 10 come out blurry. Do you know why? Or how to change it?

Any other suggestions for me?!

To help your flash not wash you out, put clear or satin tape over the flash. Test and layer if you need to.

squirlymoo

Thanks so much for this. My camera doesn't have all of the things you used, but just by adjusting the ones I do have my pictures have improved.

trinhduck

ok, here goes probably the dumbest question....i did a coupla FOTDs but they were thumbnails, how do i post the entire picture on the page instead of the thumbnails.

iamheartcore

This well help so much; I have a similar camera so this is useful. Where did you get the halogen light? Do you need a certain light stand to place a halogen light bulb in it?

Mandy22

This is great for people like me who are trying to do their own web-site and are taking theyre own picks!
Thanks so much!

DevinGirl

I bought myself the Canon Powershot A640 for my birthday & my last camera was a Nikon CoolPix 4600. I went up a few notches! Anyway, I knew that my camera could do more & I just wanted to thank you for this tutorial. It has made all the difference. I didn't know what the heck ISO was & shutter speed. You made it easy to understand (the manual may have been written in Cantonese for all the understanding I got from it) & I sincerely appreciate it!

Chelseaa

Amazing tutorial! Thank youu =]
Haha I was having the worst troubles taking pictures of my make up.

hnich

wow..thanks so much, the iso tip really helped me (I know nothing about cameras!) I finally got a better camera, a Kodak DC4800 that my mom didn't want any more.. it seems to be decently high-end, but it is older
my question is, my macro setting can only do pics between 20-50 cms away, but that seems to be too far to get a good picture of my eyes...with flash I get just a large white blur, and I tried taking it with light from my halogen desk lamp shining on me, but it was very blurry and soft too, I don't wear eye shadow during the day so can't take pics in natural light

any tips? really appreciate it!
thanks, and wow, great tutorial again!

diorgrl

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!! Where did you learn these skills? Photography class? Also, what camera are you using, and is it a SLR or SLR-Type camera? Thanks!!
winks.gif
My point and shoot Sony doesn't capture my makeup well at all - I'm thinking of getting the Canon S3 which is a SLR-type cam..what do you think?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgrl
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!! Where did you learn these skills? Photography class? Also, what camera are you using, and is it a SLR or SLR-Type camera? Thanks!!
winks.gif
My point and shoot Sony doesn't capture my makeup well at all - I'm thinking of getting the Canon S3 which is a SLR-type cam..what do you think?

Almost all my makeup pics are taken with my point & shoot, not my SLR.

All my photography knowledge is self-taught.

Latest posts