• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***How to take better makeup pictures with your camera***

greentwig

Wow I cant even tell you how happy I am that I read this, it helps a lot.
yahoo.gif
urock.gif
- LH

entipy

GAH! I wish I hadn't waited so long to read this and glad I grabbed my camera while I was looking. I have a Canon PowerShot A510, too, but we must have different year models or something. My MACRO setting is on the navigation button instead of on the settings wheel.

I can't thank you enough for that Tv setting tip. OMG! I knew there was a way to make the flash less harsh; I just didn't know how to do it.

Question: when using macro, do you actually put the camera really close to your subject? Is that how it works?

YOU ROCK!
greengrin.gif

Magic Markers

Wow. I didn't know my Nikon Coolpix S6 had any of this stuff, muchless what it did! Sure, I read the manual, but thanks for putting it in terms that I could understand
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
GAH! I wish I hadn't waited so long to read this and glad I grabbed my camera while I was looking. I have a Canon PowerShot A510, too, but we must have different year models or something. My MACRO setting is on the navigation button instead of on the settings wheel.

I can't thank you enough for that Tv setting tip. OMG! I knew there was a way to make the flash less harsh; I just didn't know how to do it.

Question: when using macro, do you actually put the camera really close to your subject? Is that how it works?

YOU ROCK!
greengrin.gif

My macro setting is also on the navigation button. Yes, you put the camera close to the subject, but still at a distance where it can focus propperly.

Shimmer

I just got (it's on its way I hope!) a powershotA630 to make up for the A80 I drowned, lets hope the picture quality is as good as I hope.

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I just got (it's on its way I hope!) a powershotA630 to make up for the A80 I drowned, lets hope the picture quality is as good as I hope.

Jamie, my friend has this camera and LOVES it. It takes amazing pictures.

NicksWifey

Thanks so much for this thread, it is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED & extremely helpful to me. I have a Canon PowerShot SD400 (5 MP) that I bought in 2005, I'm definitely going to test out all the cool features like macro when I get home!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
Jamie, my friend has this camera and LOVES it. It takes amazing pictures.

Does it? Fantastic. The A80 did me super well so I'm hoping this one is even better. I'm squeeee! for it to get here. My husband's old camera is just...no. Not even close to what I need. *sigh*

Magic Markers

Quick question? Is exposure the same as shutter speed? And a positive exposure = slower shutter speed = good for makeup pictures?

Thanks so much!

Soph

AH thankyou SO MUCH. now i know what the stupid flower button does now!! and i've been trying to figure out how to take macro shots for ages, thankyou x128973918723!

Soph xo

jade8783

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Daylight without flash:
side-profile.jpg

Hi, can you show me how to make that full and glossy lips like you did in this picture, please? I love the color and texture of that very much.

TakeNotice

wow! I was just complaining to my friend how i can't get the right exposure to catch my looks with my camera. such a grea help. thanks!

Latest posts