I almost had a heart attack earlier (MAC related)

abbyquack

ugh i hate when i can't find things like this! my stuff always falls behind my dresser, so I always have to crawl under there to retrieve stuff. Usually if I am missing an item I just look there and find it
lol.gif
I've never lost any mac (knock on wood!) but I did temporarily lose my Rule e/s, and thought it was gone forever so I bought another, only to re-find the old one under my car seat.
smiles.gif

nursie

i hate when i lose stuff i've never even opened...i put my studio sculpt makeup *somewhere* months ago, want to use it now, can't find
ssad.gif

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have a kitty that does that! when i'm washing brushes i lay washed ones on a towl while i do the rest. and one of my kitties grabs the washed ones whilst i'm clenaing the next and stashes it in random places! i now have to shut myself in the bathroom while washing brushes!

My kitten does the same thing! He especially loves the blush and powder ones. I usually wash my brushes, and then get in the shower, and he'll steal them while I'm in the shower, so I've had to run through the house wet and naked before I retrieve them
greengrin.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
My kitten does the same thing! He especially loves the blush and powder ones. I usually wash my brushes, and then get in the shower, and he'll steal them while I'm in the shower, so I've had to run through the house wet and naked before I retrieve them
greengrin.gif

^^^^
lol.gif

wannabelyn

my dog managed to get hold of my 190 brush, amongst other things. It was on the vanity area in the bathroom.

She chewed the brush into half. I cried
cry.gif
because MAC brushes here in australia are very expensive, we're talking about aud$75 RRP for a foundation brush.

The boy was very kind and bought me another one
thmbup.gif
. I guess because of this i can kind of forgive him for dropping my blonde MSF (amazing product BTW) which is now broken into pieces.

kariii

I still can't find my Pink fish TLC, I keep thinking about it.. but have no clue where I could have put it.

I was in Vegas and I had put Lollipop Loving and Lavender Whip in my wrist wallet and I guess when I paid for the cab, I had opened my wallet and the lipsticks fell out in the cab.. later when I got to the hotel room.. I wanted to cry so bad. TWO OF MY FAVORITE LIPSTICKS, I've replaced the lollipop loving but I'm still looking for lavender whip
ssad.gif

spectrolite

^I nearly had a heart attack today but it was joy induced! I was cleaning up my flat and found a box FULL of all sorts of cosmetics, skin care and jewelery of mine that was pushed under the coffee table. It turns out my housemate cleaned up a few months ago and put all my stuff I leave in the lounge in that box and somehow he forgot to tell me.

There was stuff in there I forgot I even had, lots of body butters, some L'Occitane products, Tasty tri-colour lipglass and most importantly my backup of Sugar Trance lipglass that I've been searching for. Yayyy >_<!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepa1974
I almost have a heart attack every time I think of my missing and unaccounted for feline kohl pencil, deckchair pigment sample and underplay lippie. : (

i was close to tears when i lost my feline kohl pencil & i was actually jumping for joy when it was re-released ... i got 5!!!
xx

AmberElizabeth

I have two ferrets that will steal anything they can carry, drag or pull. About 2 months ago I left my makeup bag on the floor one day and it wasn't zipped up. I had a bunch of makeup, plus some brushes. I had two 239 and two 217 brushes in there at the time and it wasn't until a week later I noticed one of my 217 brushes was missing. I freaked out, as my 217 brushes are my favorite and turned my bedroom/bathroom/vanity upside down looking for it. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I bought a replacement a few days later.

A week and a half ago I was cleaning out my ferret's "stash spots" and there was my missing 217- next to a folded pair of socks that got stolen from the clean laundry, under one of my oven mitts! Under the couch I found a Dazzleglass I didn't notice missing, too!

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
greengrin.gif

My 129 has been used as a kitty chew toy so many times. I don't know why but they always pull the hairs, it's so funny.

kathyp

This is not exactly worthy of a freak-out, but a few weeks ago I set aside an empty tube of Hug Me as part of my B2M stash and it apparently walked off. Maybe it took itself Back-to-Mac, who knows? I counted out my five other empties, remembered I had put it aside, and it vanished.
th_wallbash.gif

Off to turn my apartment upside down.

Dollfaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyizPain
Well how bout i did have a heart attack when i accidentally melted my brand new 190 brush..this was years ago when i first started using MAC and i didnt know any better..i washed the brush and wanted to use it right away so i took my blow dryer to it..(i know what your thinking..what an idiot..lol!) anyways ..the bristles began to melt i freaked..so i decided to go and cut the burned bristles off but it was never the same..i was soo pissed off!

i recently did the SAME thing with my 187
lol.gif

it still works fairly well though =)

Kalico

I lost my everyday make-up bag a week ago. In it I had Mimmy l/g, Pinkarat l/g, Sweet Tooth Tendertone, Angel l/s, a blush brush and an angle brush... my warm eyes Royal Assets palette and worst of all
cry.gif
my HG blush, Merrily. I've turned my house and car upside down so I can only figure I lost it while out somewhere.

I miss it so much!
weeping.gif

But those pet-stealing-cosmetics stories are sooo cute!

banana1234

i was doing my friends make up for her, for a hen night, and got all my shadows out, and when i got home, i was like oh i'll use creme de violet today... could i find it?!?! no! i was so upset. I tore my room apart. I went through ALL of my shadows. All drawers on my dresser, bathroom, handbag EVERYWHERE!
I called her, she couldnt find it, so bless her she bought me a new one, the next day she gave it to me, and took one look at it and thought... hmm, i swear i havent had that colour before. I was so convinced i was looking for creme de violet but had a mental picture of a completely different shadow

After a while i realised... Idiot that i am, for some reason I was thinking of beautiful iris, and indeed, i did have that in my make up case.
I asked her if she wanted to return it, but she said to keep it! bless her.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalico
I lost my everyday make-up bag a week ago. In it I had Mimmy l/g, Pinkarat l/g, Sweet Tooth Tendertone, Angel l/s, a blush brush and an angle brush... my warm eyes Royal Assets palette and worst of all
cry.gif
my HG blush, Merrily. I've turned my house and car upside down so I can only figure I lost it while out somewhere.

I miss it so much!
weeping.gif

But those pet-stealing-cosmetics stories are sooo cute!

that's so sad

did you cry? i would have cried! it seems so silly to cry about something like that, but it is actually really upsetting. i mean obviously, its not like some one died or anything, but still, its not replaceable and costs so much.
th_hug.gif

Kalico

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
that's so sad

did you cry? i would have cried! it seems so silly to cry about something like that, but it is actually really upsetting. i mean obviously, its not like some one died or anything, but still, its not replaceable and costs so much.
th_hug.gif

Yeah, I hate to admit I did. It's kind of corny, but my kitty that I had for 14 years passed away when HK came out. She was peach colored so I picked up Mimmy because it's kind of peach colored too. And of course it has the kitty on it. Totally corny, I know, but my grief made me buy it and I ended up loving it regardless. Mimmy had a special place in my heart. I have other more realistic things to remember my baby by though, so I guess it's not all that bad.

I'll miss Merrily, always.
cry.gif
I still instinctively reach for it. But maybe my bag will turn up, somewhere.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have a kitty that does that! when i'm washing brushes i lay washed ones on a towl while i do the rest. and one of my kitties grabs the washed ones whilst i'm clenaing the next and stashes it in random places! i now have to shut myself in the bathroom while washing brushes!

lol.gif
Why are animals so weird? My dog has a habit of shoving his nose into my makeup bag and chewing on whatever he can find, usually the makeup bag. The only bag which withstands his inquisitive teeth is a Primark one. He recently decided to chew on some Vaseline and then eat some Dazzle Dust from 17. I only realised what he'd done when he I saw him strutting around the darkness with a glittery beard.
th_confused_new.gif

My mum had one of these moments, she has a HG Chanel lipstick which she uses every single day. She took it to France with her in a makeup bag (on which she had a small lock as her makeup is expensive). We were about to board the train when she realised she couldnt find the bag, she made me stay back (whilst she went home), go to the hotel and bring her the bag back. Luckily it was still there, locked and everything.

Kalico

Yay i found it! It was at the post office. They were holding it for me and nothing was missing.
smiles.gif

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalico
Yay i found it! It was at the post office. They were holding it for me and nothing was missing.
smiles.gif

oh i'm so happy for you! there are some nice people out there!!
i went out last night, and lost my favourite coat, its like a navy belted mac and it cost me like £120,

I was so angry at myself for being drunk and forgetting it and i was so sad when i realised this morning that i didnt have it, so i called up the pub i was at and some one had handed it in!

I was so happy, ive never lost any make up, but i would imagine the relief was something like that!

Latest posts