I Am Officaly Homeless

COBI

I'm sorry that you are going this, but I have to ask, is there more going on that you have left out such as why were you kicked out of the training program at this same time?

Best of luck.

Boasorte

thanks I am giong to check out that link. I think it was bad timing of me getting kicked out the program. I didn't have the proper papers in before the deadline, so they had to dismiss me.

But things are kind of looking up for me. I am starting the program over again, just at a different place. There are a couple of openings at the Sephora right around the corner of the place I'm going to train at, and my sister is letting me hide out in her daugthers room(She lives in my moms house too, but on the first floor) until I can find a job or get a loan for my own place whichever comes first.
thanks everyone for the kind words

I'm going to update this as soon as I have some rock solid news!

TISH1124

That is great news!! At least you are not on the streets that is the most important thing!! Good luck at Sephora

LMD84

sweetie i hope everything works out for you. i have no advice other than to say try and stay positive. good things will eventually happen to you.
smiles.gif

we're all here for you so please keep us all updated on how everything goes - living situation, job and your training.
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i am so sorry to hear this! i have dealt with homelessness before on a personal level and it is so scary
ssad.gif

i know people who stayed in a motel in a seaside town during the off season and camp grounds over the summer. all cheap. but it does cost money..
i have no real words of advice, just wanted to let you know it will get better.

xhypnotiqex

th_cheerup.gif
hello, how are you?? hello from a fellow westchester (Ossining) the same thing happened to me. my mother and i never got along and i only got along with my father and 2 sisters. one day i came home from school to find my stuff packed on the walkway. i was 17 and the only relative i had was my grandmother who lived in assistant housing and they wouldnt let me stay with her. i forgot the name of the shelter but i went to the police station and told them what happened and i remember it was in white plains. i took a job at wendy's and a job at the westchester galleria to get back on my feet. now i am 19 i live i upstate ny i go to school in the city and i work as an admin assistant. there is hope it's just that you have to start from the bottom and work you way up! i hope this helps you! hugs and kisses and i pray that you will get through it!

Boasorte

I just want to do a quick update:
I've been job hunting like crazy, nothing really coming back, but then again I don't havea cell phone so if people are calling about jobs I wouldn' know.
The HHA /Nurse aid training thing I was suppose to start, might get going next week.
The way this thing goes, is tht I do a 3 week training, they hold my certifcate for a couple of months to make sure I won't run away after getting free training, and then I start working. One of my aunts is giving me money to travel around to job hunt, so im not completley broke...
I'm still living with my sister, although that's wearing thing right now, but things are better than they were a couple weeks ago

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhypnotiqex
th_cheerup.gif
hello, how are you?? hello from a fellow westchester (Ossining) the same thing happened to me. my mother and i never got along and i only got along with my father and 2 sisters. one day i came home from school to find my stuff packed on the walkway. i was 17 and the only relative i had was my grandmother who lived in assistant housing and they wouldnt let me stay with her. i forgot the name of the shelter but i went to the police station and told them what happened and i remember it was in white plains. i took a job at wendy's and a job at the westchester galleria to get back on my feet. now i am 19 i live i upstate ny i go to school in the city and i work as an admin assistant. there is hope it's just that you have to start from the bottom and work you way up! i hope this helps you! hugs and kisses and i pray that you will get through it!

WOW another Westcheter girl!!! Hey boooo
smiles.gif

thanks for your words of enouragement! We are the same age and it feels good to know people understand how I feel
right now I'm in Staten Island, and altough I love NYC, I misss Westchester sooooo badddddd
I was living in Yonkers (Crestwood) and Scarsdale back and forth b4 my aunt kicked me out...
but I hope things get beter as soon as they do I'm coming back wit another update

blazeno.8

It's good to hear that you're doing slightly better. Even though you're not necessarily at a resting point, it's much better to keep advancing than to remain in that situation.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
It's good to hear that you're doing slightly better. Even though you're not necessarily at a resting point, it's much better to keep advancing than to remain in that situation.

Thanks! I'm trying so hard to keep a positive attitude, some days are better than others, I'm sure I'll be able to find a job before August, then the only thing I would worry about next is finding a permanet place to stay
smiles.gif

hello_my_apple

i'm really sorry this is happening to you, i would def. put you up, but it's just me and my fiance here. what i dont understand is why is the training center hold your certificate. are you not allowed to work after you finish or something?

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
i'm really sorry this is happening to you, i would def. put you up, but it's just me and my fiance here. what i dont understand is why is the training center hold your certificate. are you not allowed to work after you finish or something?

most training centers do that, since they give you free training, they don't want to leave their agency as soon as you get it.
But I left that place anyway, and decided not to it with them, because they seemed a little shady.
It's an up and down with me really, I'm actually starting to think that I'm jinxing myself, because everytime something good happens, along comes another even to knock me back 2 paces.
But thanks everyone who is concerned. I'm still being optimistic, and I haven't canceled out the idea of taking out a loan yet, because as I have said before, my days living with my family in Staten Island is coming to a near end.
This summer is going by so freaking fast, September will be here before I know it and hopefully someone in the counseling dept in my school can help me figure out my life.
You Specktra ladies rock so much, if it weren't for reading everyone's posts, I swear I might have done something stupid and reckless by now, but this thread and this website in general is making me hold on to my sanity.
specktra_rocks.gif

malaviKat

Really sorry to hear about your situation. I do hope things work out for you. It's good that you're actively seeking change. So many people just get into a bad place...you're obviously very strong to be doing something about it.

Good luck to you! I wish you the best.
smiles.gif

splattergirl

I can relate to you, my mom kicked me out of the house too so I'm in a tiny rented apt with my bf until I finish my studies, one exam to go... thankfully my dad is giving me money for half rent and I sold my stuff that was in her house so I can even buy myself stuff.. can't wait to have my own place and a good job too! hope everything goes well for you!

GlamQueen21

I'm sorry that your aunt and your mom kicked you out! That's so horrible that your own mom would do that to you. I'm glad that your doing okay and staying positive all the way! Take good care!

Tillache

I think you are a really stong person to keep trying to improve your life even though so many things have gone wrong. Please know my hopes are with you.