I can not see the swap/sale section.

forevernars

I am having this problem as well I have over 20 posts and I still do not see it, I've emailed several mods and Janice and haven't heard anything? this is the message I get

forevernars, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
HELP PLEASE!?

Nushki

I have the same problem... I thought that I'd have to wait for an hour or so until I get access, but it's been a while now...

Sorry, I can't help you out... >_<
But I hope this problem gets solved...

Simply Elegant

I just checked and I can see it. So can 22 other people who were viewing it. I think there may have been some changes as to how many posts you have to have before you can view it. There were a lot of problems of people being scammed on there so they might have made it a bit harder for newer members to view that section.

Nushki

Just found it =)
I think it appeared when I hit 100 posts. Either that or I'm as blind as a bat.

forevernars

That's mainly one of the reasons I joined here to sale/swap and of course chit chat but at this point I'd rather just have them delete my account here and go somewhere else to sale/swap. I think it's a little ridiculous as they have put guidelines and once you meet them it doesn't matter because it doesn't work. I've emailed several mods including Janice almost a week ago haven't heard a thing back from anyone and they have signed on since then.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
We are in the midst of tweaking the guidelines to discourage swaplifters and are hoping to get them posted this week yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

forevernars

It's the end of this week already! I hope this gets fixed soon as I've been waiting for a while to be able to use it.

Janice

The time limit to access the Clearance Bin section was temporarily upped to require a new user to have been a member for two weeks.

The requirements will be upped again at the start of next month for new users. An announcement will be posted with the details.

So how many post is it to get to the sale/swap section? is it 20? where can i post at? how do i post? or do i only have to post to reply? im a little confussed, ive been on livejournal for awhile now and is still kinda new to this one. ive been lookin for some diana ross brushes, i have two and wanted to see if someone would swap with me with another one i dont have, but i cant see that section either =/

gildedangel

forevernars, you need to calm down. Janice and other mods get hundreds of PMs a day, just because they signed on doesn't mean that they got through all of them! They are very busy people who are kind enough to keep this site running for us in addition to running their own personal lives, so please try to be patient. So many people have been getting ripped off that stricter guidelines were necessary. If you want to delete your account and not swap here because of it; fine. Specktra is one of the safer places to swap because of these guidelines.
maryphillips07 - the reply that you gave to this thread is a post. A post is a reply to or a starting of a thread. You can access your post count if you click my account in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on view my account. HTH!
smiles.gif

forevernars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
forevernars, you need to calm down. Janice and other mods get hundreds of PMs a day, just because they signed on doesn't mean that they got through all of them! They are very busy people who are kind enough to keep this site running for us in addition to running their own personal lives, so please try to be patient. So many people have been getting ripped off that stricter guidelines were necessary. If you want to delete your account and not swap here because of it; fine. Specktra is one of the safer places to swap because of these guidelines.
maryphillips07 - the reply that you gave to this thread is a post. A post is a reply to or a starting of a thread. You can access your post count if you click my account in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on view my account. HTH!
smiles.gif

Maybe the mods should update that then so we know and aren't left confused. It would take 2 minutes to post the new info for all of us.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevernars
Maybe the mods should update that then so we know and aren't left confused. It would take 2 minutes to post the new info for all of us.

unfortunately i think the site is having some staffing issues right now because alot of people are busy with work and such. i think that's why it's taken longer than it usualy would to get this update sorted and also publicised.

but in the mean time have fun chatting with people and getting to know us! it's not all about buying and selling!
smiles.gif

2browneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
unfortunately i think the site is having some staffing issues right now because alot of people are busy with work and such. i think that's why it's taken longer than it usualy would to get this update sorted and also publicised.

but in the mean time have fun chatting with people and getting to know us! it's not all about buying and selling!
smiles.gif

thmbup.gif
I thoroughly enjoy chatting with ppl who share my obsession
smiles.gif

forevernars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

smiles.gif

Yes absolutely! I'm here to chit chat as well it just became a little frustrating when I thought I was supposed to have access at a certain time and I didn't and no one would explain why. But glad its resolved now it looks like a lot of women sell their goodies on here
yahoo.gif
There's so many posts!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts