I DID IT! Sephora Sorceress that no one can recreate using Sephora products- I DID IT

Colorqueen

Ever since the Sephora catalog came out for the Holiday season of 2007, I have been captivated by the eye look. Everyone I talked to was thrilled with it, and it has bugged me since it came out.
yahoo.gif

HOWEVER- there is not a product in Sephora that would make it look like the photo.
angry.gif

I was even told repeatedly at Sephora that it was possible using certain products, but when I pushed the matter, they could not even come close- I made them look at the products to prove a point.
choochoo.gif

SO, as the eternal artist who LOVES to meet a challenge, I set out to completely duplicate the look from the catalog EXACTLY- not close- but EXACTLY. Of course, I had to use almost all MAC to do it.
yahoo.gif

Here is what I came up with. I will start with the original photo so you all know what I am talking about

711308_hero.jpg

Now, I did not like the lips or the hair, so I decided to put my own spin on it, even though I could have totally duplicated the original look as it was.

I also worked hard on this, and when I went to snap photos, it got really really dark and started to blizzard. Makeup artist to the end, I stood out in the blizzard to get a few of these just for you all to see.

The photos are a bit dark, but at least you can see enough to make it worth looking at them anyway. I only wish after all of this work, I could have had better photos, but at least I got some good ones.

Some are with flash, but most are without.

I really like how it turned out- I may have to wear it for my bday dinner this weekend instead of gold.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/caprig/Sorceress1down.jpg[\img]

[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/caprig/Sorceress4up.jpg[\img]

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/caprig/Sorceress5down.jpg

Sorceress7down.jpg

Sorceress7up.jpg

Sorceress8down.jpg

Sorceressdown2.jpg

Sorceressup3.jpg

YvetteJeannine

WOW!!! I JUST looked at this catalog (my hubby put it aside and I just found it)...and I was looking at that exact look wondering "What products at Sephora would make this look...if any"....They don't say in the catalog what products they used (they do for the very first look, but that's it). I think ya did a GREAT job of nailing it! I would still be looking for things to make the 'fit'!

Cutey

Great Job, well done!
Would you mind doing a tutorial on how you did it (step by step) please?

bjorne_again

bang on! fantastic job... it makes me crazy when promotional pictures can't be recreated with the products it is supposed to be pushing. you did a FABULOUS job! well done! It's funny cause I've wanted to create that look too, and i thought my best bets were entremauve/grape piggies and blue pigment, now i know it'll work if i try it, so thank you!

SlimSugar

they posted it: Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

p.gif
FaceJump to: Step 1 Step 2 Step 3
p.gif
p.gif
711309_hero.jpg
Buff on LORAC Wet/Dry Foundation in Shade #2 and sweep on Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Baked Powder at the temples.
LORAC Oil-Free Wet/Dry Powder Makeup , $35
Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Baked Powder , $28
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
EYESJump to: Step 1 Step 2 Step 3
p.gif
p.gif
711310_hero.jpg
Apply electric blue Sephora Brand Colorful Pearl Mono Eye Shadow in Pearl 05 to the inner half of the upper lid, outlining it in violet Sephora Brand Colorful Pearl Mono Eye Shadow in Pearl 12 so it arches over the blue portion like a crescent. Blur edges with Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Natural Smudge Brush. Perfect brows with the Anastasia Best in Brow Pencil Set and apply Sephora Brand Flirt-It Lash Duo topping them off with Fresh Supernova Mascara. Line upper lids and inside of the lower lids with Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx.
Sephora Brand Colorful Pearl Mono Eyeshadow , $6 - $10
Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Natural Smudge Brush #11 , $20
new . only at sephora Anastasia Best In Brow Pencil Set ($70.40 Value) , $44
Sephora Brand Flirt-It Lash Duo , $8
p.gif

Fresh Supernova Mascara , $25
Stila Kajal Eye Liner , $16
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
LIPSJump to: Step 1 Step 2 Step 3
p.gif
p.gif
711401_hero.jpg
For a shimmery smile, apply Too Faced Sparkle Glamour Gloss in Pink Bling. Take it up a notch! Press Too Faced Kitty Glitter in Pussy Galore, on top for extra shimmer.
TIP: To make glitter stick, layer on a clear gloss and pat sparkles on top.
Too Faced Sparkler Glamour Gloss , $18.50
Too Faced Kitty Glitter , $12.50

Latest posts