I did my DEMO today!!

Esess

First I want to thank Miss Supra for the encouragment, I really appreciate it!

Let me tell you guys that all your knowlege, advice and suggestions made helped me so much!

I had my demo at the Shereton hotel and there were 4 of us in the room. We each had a table set up for us with EVERYTHING we would need. Our intructor was a regional trainer, SUPER NICE!! She had us to first get familiar with the items on the table as well as all of the products that she brought. She then called us over to show us how to sanitize (although I knew already thanks you guys). She then gave us our scenario: Our models were corperate lawyers who wore a very neutral brown colors and was ready to try color.

So I went back to my model and proceeded to ask about her skin care regimine, and then suggested the moisturizer that was already on the table for us. We went to the table and picked out her foundation, concealer and powder. When I picked colors for ther shadow, blush and lips, I grabed two that I liked and gave her the option of the one she liked so that reguardless they were colors that would allow me to achieve the look I was going for.

We went back to our table, I did what I do...and Whaaa Laaa, 30 minutes later I was done. We were then given 10 minutes to use 3 different products to take it to an evening look. Thats when I was able to utilize the lip and eye remover pushing for the sale all the way. I changed my look and again Taaa Dahhh!!

The trainer asked me the usual, about how did I feel about what I had done. I would have liked to add a darker blush for the pm look but overall I was happy. She complimented the color selection and applicaton for my day look and said the evening look was good, but my symmetry was off a little.

She said the lady who contacted us would be in touch in a few days for the results. I am so pumped. I surprised the heck out of myself, beacause I was really unsure. I pushed the brushes and all the make-up so well and fluently. I was even trying to get her to buy lashes and a case for her new items.

Even if I do not get the job, I have gained a new confidence and will truly try again. Say a little prayer for me!
winks.gif

Cosmogrl

You gave me hope! I just turned in my resume, but haven't received a call, but if I do, then I know to go ahead and try it. Thanks so much and good luck, I hope you get it!!

Esess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrl
You gave me hope! I just turned in my resume, but haven't received a call, but if I do, then I know to go ahead and try it. Thanks so much and good luck, I hope you get it!!

Thank you and Girl, just do it!! I answered and ad on Craigslist and they emailed me back, and then she called me back for the demo. What is meant to be will be.
winks.gif

miss_supra

You are welcome! It's great to hear how your perception of this has turned around 180. I wish the best of luck for you and hope you get it, if not ask for some feedback in what you can do better next time. The managers love this because it shows you want to learn and better yourself. You are willing to take criticism. They will keep that in mind for next time.

Esess

Thank you all so much. Again, all of the shared knowledge really helped me. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and even if I do not get this job, I was put in this situation for a reason. You know I will give you guys and update as soon as I hear from them. In the mean time continue to share your stories and experiences because you never know who you are helping along the way!!

Esess

~*~mac Demo Update~*~

Hello everyone

When I arrived to work today I had an email in my box from the Regional Recruiter from MAC that I did my initial interview with. It reads:

Congratulations!
I wanted to inform you that we will be moving forward with you as a candidate and I have sent your information on to the representatives in your area to contact you to continue in the interviewing process.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
: yahoo:
yahoo.gif

I am not sure exactly what that means, but I am very excited. I wonder what the next step is? Anyone have a third interview? Thanks again for all the well wishes and I will totally keep you updated!!

miss_supra

Re: ~*~mac Demo Update~*~

Not to been rude, but the mods do like to keep experiences in one thread.

To answer your question: I have no idea. It works so differently in my region. I'd contact the manager you apllied with for an update or for them to answer any questions.

Esess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Not to been rude, but the mods do like to keep experiences in one thread.

To answer your question: I have no idea. It works so differently in my region. I'd contact the manager you apllied with for an update or for them to answer any questions.

th_dunno.gif
Sorry I didn't know.

I am just going to be patient and wait for a call.
winks.gif

miss_supra

If you call it shows you want it and make it look like you are determined. If it is a toss up between two girls with equal skill they normally will take the one that persued it.

Esess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
If you call it shows you want it and make it look like you are determined. If it is a toss up between two girls with equal skill they normally will take the one that persued it.

th_dunno.gif
I wouldn't even know who to call. I applied through and ad on Craiglist via email to the regional recruiter. She is the one I did my sit down interview with and who emailed me about moving on for the third interview.

I am so confused, If I do not hear anything by Friday, I will shoot her an email.

Esess

Hurray
yahoo.gif
I went in yesterday and did my Paper Work!! I read a couple of posts where people mentioned that this process can take some time, but that is cool.
I am officially a MAC FREELANCE MAKEUP ARTIST
yahoo.gif
!!

I can't wait for the first event, she said there would be some coming up in for the holidays, any advice anyone...

miss_supra

Congrats!!!

Practice on friends
smiles.gif
It will help your nerves when you are doing make overs. Halloween is popular for them
smiles.gif

Esess

GOOD ADVICE, miss_supra
thmbup.gif

Ok, let me ask you this, I have a collection of make up, a pretty nice one, but I do not have any different concealers, foundations and powders. Do you think I should just start purchasing them in different shades or what? This confuses me. I do hair and I was thinking of adding a "Make Over" special, but then I realized my dilemma
th_dunno.gif

You know what else, the manager told me that they do not do much "on call", so other than the events, what will I do?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esess
GOOD ADVICE, miss_supra
thmbup.gif

Ok, let me ask you this, I have a collection of make up, a pretty nice one, but I do not have any different concealers, foundations and powders. Do you think I should just start purchasing them in different shades or what? This confuses me. I do hair and I was thinking of adding a "Make Over" special, but then I realized my dilemma
th_dunno.gif

You know what else, the manager told me that they do not do much "on call", so other than the events, what will I do?

if you're wanting to add a makeup package, then yes, you will need to invest in different colors of foundations. you have two options. puchase a good formula that can be used on all skin types in all shades, or just a few shades that you can mix and match to make different colors as you need them.

if your area doesn't do "on call" then all you will do is events and possibly act as holiday help during busy days. other than that, that's all freelancers do.

Esess

Erine1881 - Thanks, I have been reading trying to find a good brand so that I can make that investment. My customers really want me to run a makeover special so I am looking to do this fairly soon, any suggestions. I am excited about doing whatever at this point, I did let my Regional Manager that I was interested in a more permanent postion, so hopefully she will keep me in mind.

Darkbeauty27 - Thank you, that really made me smile
winks.gif