I did my DEMO today!!

CandyApples83

Re: ~*~mac Demo Update~*~

I had a phone interview w/the regional manager, and she said that I would do as a freelance artist for MAC, opposed to Part-time, which was the job I was applying for. I was hoping to make extra money doing something that I loved but now I'm concerned b/c it seems like freelance isn't all that steady. I have three MAC locations near me....and they do get a lot of traffic on Saturdays, but I'm not sure if it's enough to call a freelancer...(sigh)....I hope so!

Esess

Re: ~*~mac Demo Update~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyApples83
I had a phone interview w/the regional manager, and she said that I would do as a freelance artist for MAC, opposed to Part-time, which was the job I was applying for. I was hoping to make extra money doing something that I loved but now I'm concerned b/c it seems like freelance isn't all that steady. I have three MAC locations near me....and they do get a lot of traffic on Saturdays, but I'm not sure if it's enough to call a freelancer...(sigh)....I hope so!

I know you pain. Like I said, the manager at the store I met with said they they don't really do "on call". So basically I have to wait until events. I read in alot of the threads that people suggest you go to other stores/counters and let them know who you are and that you are interested in working. I did my paperwork on Monday, so I am not sure if there is a process that I should wait for before I go to the other stores. The manager didn't really explain things to well.

MsEileen10

Yea, I jus got hired as a MAC Freelance makeup artist about a month ago. Still haven't worked yet. Although I heard some have worked this past weekend. They hired so many girls the day I interviewed... so it's real competitive to get those hours. One of the managers told me that most girls find second jobs and just work around their MAC schedule. And so I went and found another job today.

Esess

Glad you found something in the meantime. I am just going to let the process take it's course. It has been cool so far. I was thinking about sending little cards to the counters to say "hello" and then maybe follow up with a visit to get my name and face out there.

Esess

UPDATE!!!

Well, I recieved a call last Thursday from the Manager at the M.A.C counter in Norstrom
th_DANCE.gif
. It's a permanent part-time position. If any of you ladies know, what are the distinct differences between working at a counter vrs. a store and what the hiring process is like? I went online and did the application and now I wait.

Wish me luck!

glamdoll

When you work for Nordstroms you work for them. They pay your check and not MAC. To find out other job postings you have to call the hotline because they wont be bulletined as they would be in Macy's. You still get to go to Basic, Update, and discount as any MAC employee would. Thats about it. To work at a MAC store, you would apply with them and I am not sure on the requirements for that, but the hiring process is different because its MAC directly.

Goodluck!

Esess

Thanks glamdoll
thmbup.gif
!

I was hired by MAC as a freelance MUA and thats how/why I got the call from the manager at the Nordstrom counter. I guess I am most curious about the difference in pay rates (Store vrs Counter). I know what it would be if I worked at the MAC store that I did my paperwork at.

I called her back yesterday and I have yet to hear back from her. I will probably call her again on Monday.