I Don't Think This is Fair AT ALL

CantAffordMAC

Okay so we all know the big complaints with BBR not being released yesterday, and the suspicion that MAC is trying to make a quick buck with the 25% off sale. Whatever, Im grateful for the sale, I dont even care anymore.

HOWEVER, I placed my order yesterday....the 217 brush was sold out. I was so upset, because I really wanted it, but whatever I placed the rest of my order, because I didnt want that stuff to sell out too! So I order my products, came to over $60 (free shippng), then they took off the discount, and whatever.

So today the 217 brush was restocked (I had no idea it would be so soon) So Im all excited, but Im not going to place an order for just the brush, because even with the 25% off, Im gonna pay 5 bucks for shipping so it cancels itself out! So I called MAC today, they said they couldnt add it to my order because it already was placed an had an order number. Oooooookay. So I went to work, and I decided to call back now, and I spoke to a lady and she said "Oh honey, its fine, use the 25% off code, then u can use this code ______ for the free shipping" And I said "Really, i can use both?" She said yes! So of course I tried it and it didnt work, u can only enter one code! Ooookay, so I called back and a different lady told me that NO u cant use 2 codes, NO we cant cancel ur order because its already been shipped!

Im sorry but Im very upset with this. I was explaining it to my mom and I said "I guess its not MAC's fault because they didnt expect the brush to sell out" And she goes "Yeah it kind of is, because they could backorder it and sell it to u at the same price".............I placed my order in fear of more items selling out and not getting restocked, and theres NO way u can give me my order with the 25% off and the free shipping (which I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN if the damn brush wasnt out of stock yesterday!!!!!!!!)

I am very appreciative of MAC and I am never one who gets snippy or upset but I dont think this is fair at all! Please tell me ur opinions
th_dunno.gif

jdechant

^^ I definitely understand you and your frustration with MAC...that hardly sounds fair that one person tells you one thing and another person tells you completely different. MAC needs to get their stories straight to avoid all this confusion and anger!! I have also been feeling the blues with the BBR pushback, MAC sale, running out of stock and NOW especially since Norstrom has released BBR BEFORE Mac does??!!!!! What gives??

Hopefully they will figure out all these kinks in their system and give it to us staight going forward!!

If MAC online doesn't start BBR on friday, I will seriously hurt someone!! Lol...

dizzygoo82

That seems ridiculous to me too. Maybe they couldn't have known it would've been in stock the next day but they should be able to let you order it with free shipping...Thats bs...i'd be pissed too.

CantAffordMAC

Its just really upsetting me because this is my favorite makeup brand and I feel wrong to even say "You cant just give me the discount and free shipping today, sicne its not MY fault the brush wasnt in stock yesterday" Like, I cant just say that to someone...I asked her "Okay so I cant get both discounts, since I was going to order the brush yesterday with my order anyways" And she said no!

I just find it hard to believe, with all the free stuff they send out and all the adjustments they do to try to make customers happy, that I cant get 25% off and free shipping...I GOT BOTH YESTERDAY! I cant help it if the brush wasnt in stock! Like I said I didnt want everythign else to sell out too!

I just feel played

michmom2

I'm just grateful for the sale. I never thought they'd include a brand new collection in this sale honestly. I just thought 25% is a great way to get staple products I'm out of or brushes I keep looking at, but haven't purchased yet. So, I bought a new studio fix (I've hit the pan on mine 2 weeks ago) and 2 brushes (188 & 231). That's it. I still have my money for BBR and I'm happy. See if a friend wants to add to your order to get free shipping!? Don't let it upset you, MAC is a business we know and I don't think they do backorders???

Why didn't the lady that told you to use both codes just process the order for you? DID she say you had to enter it yourself online?

Blushbaby

I understand your frustration, yeah, when you called back to order the brush, they COULD have adjusted your 2nd order so that free shipping was reflected. They're just being awkward.

They should coach their customer service reps so that they're all giving the same info too.

They don't make adjustments to orders that have already been placed though, so at least you know THAT for future reference.

O/T Has anybody told you, you kinda look like Cassie btw??

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmom2
I'm just grateful for the sale. I never thought they'd include a brand new collection in this sale honestly. I just thought 25% is a great way to get staple products I'm out of or brushes I keep looking at, but haven't purchased yet. So, I bought a new studio fix (I've hit the pan on mine 2 weeks ago) and 2 brushes (188 & 231). That's it. I still have my money for BBR and I'm happy. See if a friend wants to add to your order to get free shipping!? Don't let it upset you, MAC is a business we know and I don't think they do backorders???

Why didn't the lady that told you to use both codes just process the order for you? DID she say you had to enter it yourself online?

I understand, and like I said Im very grateful for the sale...Ive never had any complaints or problems with MAC! I dont know why she didnt process the order for me but Im getting ready to call again! I already emailed them. My panties shouldnt be in a twist but at the same time, I just dont feel like this is fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I understand your frustration, yeah, when you called back to order the brush, they COULD have adjusted your 2nd order so that free shipping was reflected. They're just being awkward.

They should coach their customer service reps so that they're all giving the same info too.

They don't make adjustments to orders that have already been placed though, so at least you know THAT for future reference.

O/T Has anybody told you, you kinda look like Cassie btw??

Yeah Im glad I know that they dont make adjustments to orders...thats fine. usually I think long and hard before I order something because I dont want to go through the hassle of calling, exchanging, returning, etc. I know they can adjust my order but I really dont know why they wont! And I dont want to be that pain-in-the-ass customer who has to be right and is too cheap to pay for shipping, but like I said, this doesnt make sense to me.

No..no one ever told me I look like Cassie(but thanks)...shes gorgeous! But I have gotten Jordin Sparks
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Do MAC chat and talk to someone...because whenever things have been sold out and they come back in stock...They always give me a free shipping code to use with the order...and when you get the code... Share it with all of us LOL
th_LMAO.gif
..No really DO!

CantAffordMAC

But the thing is that Im not worried about a free shipping code...Because I cant use both the free shipping code and the discount code. I just want what was offered to me yesterday (25% off, plus free shipping if its over 60 dollars)--since it is not my fault that the brush was sold out. Am I wrong?!

I think I might call back.

jdechant

^^Lol, tell them your specktra name when you phone them back!! That might help your case a little
lmao.gif

coachkitten

You should call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. I think that you should be able to add/edit your order to what you want. I hope that they give you free shipping for your brush. I wanted to get a 217 as well but already placed my order so I feel your pain.

Winthrop44

It does stink - I would have done exactly what you did fearing the other items I wanted would also sell out - but I think they will fall back on the original e-mail offer specifying "VALID ON IN-STOCK MERCHANDISE ONLY". The problem is if they make the exception for you there are 2 gazillion more people who will call and say they placed their order when the 187, or the 239, or this or that e/s or lipstick was sold out and they wanted it. There are ALOT of things that sold out quickly or were sold out to start with. Like I said it stinks -- I definitely relate to your frustration -- but I think they would be opening a can of worms....JMO.

CantAffordMAC

worms.gif
I called back..instead of hitting 3 to talk to someone about a placed order, I hit 1 to "place an order" and she told me she would waive the shipping fee for me!

I understand what ur saying Winthrop, but at the same time......I think a lot of people may have done what I did. I didnt know they were gonna restock so soon, and the sale may be valid on in-stock merchandise only, but it woulda been in stock if u heffers didnt order them all with the sale! LoL jk, but its like...a neverending circle. Im just very glad they waived it and helped me out. My total came to $18.05 for the brush.

yahoo.gif
Thanks guys for all ur kindness and help!

Winthrop44

That's what I'm saying...alot of people probably did what you did and by setting it up the way they did in the e-mail they were hoping to avoid getting those calls....but I am GLAD FOR YOU that it all worked out!
thmbup.gif

MAC_Whore

If you ever need a free shipping code, just do a Live Chat on maccosmetics.com about some random MAC item or question and they will give you one at the end of the chat.
winks.gif

toshia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
If you ever need a free shipping code, just do a Live Chat on maccosmetics.com about some random MAC item or question and they will give you one at the end of the chat.
winks.gif

I did that recently and it said invalid or expired code! That makes twice that it happened to me so I'm not counting on that anymore!

entyce08

I've had some major issues with that last 2 orders i've placed on MAC.com......and both times nothing was resolved!

It's really pissing me off because i placed an order 2 weeks before X-mas that was mystriously cancelled, and i never recieved any kind of notice.....so basically on christmas morning i looked like an jackass because i didn't have any presents for my mom or 3 sisters!!

the second order i placed on Christmas day i placed another order and just let them pick the stuff they wanted because by the original sets i had ordered were sold out by then.....well when i recieved the package they forgot half my stuff!! The worst part is when they said that they coudn't upgrade my shipping so i have to wait 7-10 business days!!

I was offered no type of compensation/consolation in either case.....not that i'm looking for handouts and free shit, but damn!! They messed up my Christmas!!! I was pissed! I'm soooooo dissapointed in my favorite brand right now it's not even funny...........

X4biddenxLustX

Ugh I hate talking to customer service and having one representative tell you one thing and then another one tell you differently. And when you do complain about it to someone else they'll act like your crazy and just making things up grrr. It's usually in my experience the bigger companies that do this and it feels like that since there so big and popular they can take a few customers for granted.

I was told on the phone once by T-mobile, my carrier that my phone before discounts would total to around $220ish but when I went to purchase the phone I had to pay $285 upfront! When I called cs the dude was just like basically i don't care there's no record of the person you spoke to or that she mentioned that price to you. So I filed a complaint and they told me that they would look into it and do something if they felt like something needed to be done. Yeah, I never heard back from them!

But I'm glad you got it worked out though!

As for the free shipping codes, I didn't know they could expire? I just thought that once they were used you couldn't use the same one again. Has anyone tried doing a live chat like RIGHT before ordering products to try to get the newest code?

GlamQueen21

I've placed an order on the day of the 25% off and I e-mailed customer service last week and it's been almost three weeks that I haven't recieved mt order! They e-mailed me to confirm my shipping address and also they e-mailed me again two days later telling me that they will shipped it on the 2nd Day at no cost. I'm still waiting for my order to come and it's the first time that it has happend to me.

EDIT://
I finally got my Tempting Quad today and I'm like 'it's about time they delivered it!'

Latest posts