I finally got it! (New Piercing Inside!)

cupcake_x

See, THIS is why we need a body mods forum!
smiles.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby_Raynebow
the swelling went away completely, but the back of the stud is like sinking into my lip and white skin is trying to cover it.

Get that looked at pronto, it's embedding. Nothing good comes from that, ever. Please take the advice offered by the experienced piercers here and have a professional look at it.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
the swelling went away completely, but the back of the stud is like sinking into my lip and white skin is trying to cover it.

Hunnie, march your butt back in to that shop (or find one with a reliable piercer...where do you live? I might know one nearby...), and make them change out the stud to something a little longer. Do you happen to know what length it is? You might be able to get away (depending on how badly it's embedding) with going up just a 16th of an inch, but I'd err on the side of caution and possibly go up another 8th. Either way, until you get a longer bar in there, do what you can to make sure the disc doesn't actually embed in your lip. If it's not too tender, try and use your teeth or tongue to pull the disc back a little bit throughout the day, just so the skin doesn't actually manage to cover it. Avoid using your fingers if you can, as it's still healing, but if you have to, make sure you wash your hands well before you mess around with it.
Keep us posted sweetheart!

Robby_Raynebow

idk what happened. i woke up one morning and the entire back was embedded in my lip and i like pushed it thorugh. ik bad. but its been almost two days and the embedding stopped completely. it feels like ive had it forever.

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
very cool!

i'm not into peircings myself (i get freaked out by the needles!) - i prefer my tattoos!
smiles.gif
which yes is ironic because tatts use needles too!

I absolutely second that!
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
idk what happened. i woke up one morning and the entire back was embedded in my lip and i like pushed it thorugh. ik bad. but its been almost two days and the embedding stopped completely. it feels like ive had it forever.

Keep a close eye on it, sweetie...it may feel like you've had it forever, but those things have a way of tricking you. Just watch it, and the minute it looks like anything weird is going on with it, get it checked out.