I Got Invited to the Smoke Signals Event!!!!

KaylaGrace

So when I went to the mail today I found this;
SS5.jpg

SS4.jpg

SS3.jpg

SS2.jpg

SS1.jpg

I was extremely excited when I opened it. This is will be my first event ever!
But I have a question for those who have been to a MAC even before, soo what are they like? Lol I am just really excited.

Hilly

The one I went to had sushi and drinks and of course the unveiling of the new products!

Krasevayadancer

I never get invites
ssad.gif
And i spend hundreds on mac a month ::tear::

And sushi?! Holy heck those are my two loves!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
The one I went to had sushi and drinks and of course the unveiling of the new products!

ledonatella

Me too, I'm not sure if I can go since it's on a Tuesday and I work, but I'm gonna see! It was nice to see that in the mail today, a nice surprise since I haven't gotten anything from them in awhile.

KAIA

Well I only went to the Barbie Love MAC, and there was some barbie cookies, water, alcohol, and a lot of MUA and that's pretty much it.

clamster

WHAT! Do you have to be part of the PRO card system thingy to get invites?!?!?!? Somone please tell me how you got one!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
WHAT! Do you have to be part of the PRO card system thingy to get invites?!?!?!? Somone please tell me how you got one!

You need to be in the store's system (not necessarily a pro card member), but other than that I think it's random choosing b/c

~ they can't invite everyone (the stores I've seen are pretty small)
~ some who spend quite a bit (like krasevaya) haven't gotten one before so it can't be based on how much we spend!

There are other reasons I'm sure but those are the two that pop up in my mind. And it's been discussed in a thread before...

... and I really want an invite! I think I'll try calling my store. *fingers crossed*

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Are they alcoholic drinks? If so, I guess you have to be over 21 right?

Yep, there are alcoholic drinks, but I'm not sure if they'd check for age as they've never asked that for me store profile, and they didn't check our i.d. when we walked in (I went to the Strange Hybrid event w/ someone who got an invite). I didn't see anyone underage, tho. That's a good question, I wonder if they do screen?

janelovesyou

I think calling your store might work. I was just browsing and asked about Smoke Signals and she invited me to something, and now that I think about it I think that's what she was talking about.

Krasevayadancer

Blahwah- You would think that since I spend 100-300 at a time at least once a month that they would invite me. Do you hear me MAC? I want an invite!

Indigowaters

I got one too and can't go.
ssad.gif
It's 1 1/2 hours away from me at the Mall of Millenia in Orlando. I love that store! And I had just gotten something the day before they sent it and received it on the day they said I had to RSVP.
ssad.gif

I also think it depends on how much you go, not on how much you spend. I always get them whether I go or not. :shrug: