I Got Invited to the Smoke Signals Event!!!!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Blahwah- You would think that since I spend 100-300 at a time at least once a month that they would invite me. Do you hear me MAC? I want an invite!

Krasevaya, you have more than earned your invite! You should go bug them about it. It's crazy that your name wouldn't have come up on the list yet!

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Blahwah- You would think that since I spend 100-300 at a time at least once a month that they would invite me. Do you hear me MAC? I want an invite!

Same here! I spend enough money on their collections, I should think that would earn me the occasional invite.

starangel2383

this is funny, cause when i was in the store a few weeks ago, they handed me one of their non addressed invites to the event and then when i got home that same day, there was two of the black envelopes laying on my bed. this will be my third unveiling and it should be fun. the first time i went to one was for the untamed and that was really fun. i actually got to see both collections today and i got to play with them a little bit. they just pulled the collections out for me to see and i had to stand over to the side of the counter that way no one else could see what i was playing with. i have made a list of what i am getting and i hope that they bring out both collections on tuesday night because i dont think i can stand waiting anymore than i have to for those collections. i pretty much want everything from the blue storm collection and most of the smoke signals. im still debating on whether or not i want the smoking quad and the smoke signal pigment.

blueangel1023

As far as I know, I've been invited to every event after the Barbie Collection...but I can only go to so much...lol. Barbie loves MAC was the best invite imo for me since they gave out pink plastic sunglasses with matching headbands. Usually the MA's sign me up right there and then in the store a wk or two prior, so I rarely got mailed invitations from them. Although I wish they did mail the invites since I love collecting postcards/mailers. haha, but yea they always serve alcohol, cookies, shrimp cocktail, and all that jazz. Meh, I usually just get what I want and go. I hate shopping on crowded stores! :p

But definitely have fun at the event and get a makeover while you're at it!
greengrin.gif

tania_nia

Question: if the MUA signs you up for a smoke signals makeover at a counter not a store is it free or does that whole $40 thing apply?

starangel2383

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania_nia
Question: if the MUA signs you up for a smoke signals makeover at a counter not a store is it free or does that whole $40 thing apply?

okay i kind of have an answer for this one. i went to a flashtronic event just last month i think it was at a department store counter, and the girl did not charge me for the makeover. granted, i did spend alot that day, but no i wasnt charged. i think when it comes to special mac events, they dont charge for makeovers in either the freestanding store or the counters because they figure that they make you look so good, that you will want to purchase pretty much everything that they used on you and then other stuff as well. but its all good in my opinion. getting a makeover to me, is just one way of pampering myself and having a good time not worrying about anything.

janelovesyou

When I was in the store today the MA invited me and I RSVP'd
They also had the entire collection boxed up behind the counter and I wanted so bad to ask them if I they could open them up so I could see them

Johnny Wal

i was invited and RSVP'd and said id go and put plus two on the list for my guests, however, none of us are 21. im not sure if when invited they assumed i was 21 or not, but will it be a big problem? i have an appointment set up to get my makeup done, too. AND i plan on buying most of the smoke signals collection with a few regular MAC items.
i'd call but i dont want them to be like "oh...well in that case.."

Shimmer

Anyone in the Fort Worth Area going to the Event at the Parks tomorrow?
I'm there.
smiles.gif
Just lettin' y'all know.
greengrin.gif

fash10nista

I'm not sure if I got invited too....they just sent me the postcard...Shows the girl and smokiness on the front then a list of locations hosting the event...What do you all think?

Unfortunately, the one I frequent (San Francisco Union Square) doesn't start till the end of the month!!! lol