I got my 83 y/o grandma into MAC!!!

DaisyDee

She can't get around on her own as much as she used to but she still likes to look nice, so I got her Russian Red lipstick and a Sheer Select Pressed powder compact. She LOVES it!

Now she wants me to find her a nice blush to complete her MAC look. She doesn't wear anything on her eyes.

I guess MAC really is ALL AGES.
smiles.gif

divaster

lol.gif
That is so cute!

My grandma was one of those "lipstick will fix everything" ladies. MAC may be a little much for her. She's an EL gal.
rofl.gif

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaster
lol.gif
That is so cute!

My grandma was one of those "lipstick will fix everything" ladies. MAC may be a little much for her. She's an EL gal.
rofl.gif

Aww! My Grandma is too! If I ever got upset, she would say, "Put you some lipstick on and get yourself together. You'll feel better."

She LOVES her some RED lipstick!

greengrin.gif

Kat

When I'm 83, i want to be saying 'put some lipstick on and get yourself together' - that's fantastic!

giz2000

When I was at a counter, I had a customer that was around 85 or so...she would come in and buy tons of stuff...e/s, lippies, etc, and I am talking about Freshwater, Swimming, etc...nothing brown or neutral for her...she had amazing skin and loved to wear her bright colors...who was I to tell her no?? She was adorable!

mspixieears

That's awesome! You go Gran! I wish I could have that sort of thing with my own mum, let alone my gran. That's really sweet!

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
That's awesome! You go Gran! I wish I could have that sort of thing with my own mum, let alone my gran. That's really sweet!

I know what ya mean. I was just getting into MAC when my mom died. I would have loved to share my obsession with her.

But they probably have a MAC counter in heaven fully stocked, even with all the LE and DC's! LOL

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee
I know what ya mean. I was just getting into MAC when my mom died. I would have loved to share my obsession with her.

But they probably have a MAC counter in heaven fully stocked, even with all the LE and DC's! LOL

Oh my god. let's dream there is heaven and a mac counter.

LOVE grandmas.

SugarAsh182

Aw I got my grandma into MAC too! She *loves* Eager l/s and always asks me if there's any new corals out
smiles.gif

ette

That is so cute! LOL.
My grandma was a makeup artist. She doesn't wear much now, just some foundation, red Chanel l/s, nail polish, and some mascara/blush.

a914butterfly

awww thats so cute!! i wish my grandmother was still alive. she was another one of those grandmas with the red lipstick. never wore anything else but the red lipstick!! im starting to get my mom into MAC. i bought her a few items for her birthday and christmas last year, but she never wears any make up unless she is going out somewhere fancy and that is hardly ever. she says you only wear makeup when you go somewhere and she cant understand why i wear so much makeup everyday lol i cant imagine stepping out of my house without makeup on!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Aww! My Grandma is too! If I ever got upset, she would say, "Put you some lipstick on and get yourself together. You'll feel better."

greengrin.gif

I don't know why but that actually made me kind of tear up a little bit!!
random.php

MAC_Whore

Quote:

greengrin.gif

That is very cute. I think that statement really represents the strength of women in that generation. They are some tough gals, even if it isn't outwardly apparent. They have been through some tough times, held it all together and appreciate the simple things (like a good lipstick
smiles.gif
). I am 35 and my generation has had it so easy. I think a lot of us take it for granted.

Daisy Dee, that is so wonderful that you are sharing that with your Gram. I wish I could be closer to mine. I don't get to see her as much as I would like to (we live in diff states). She isn't much for makeup anymore, but man does she love her mani/pedis!!
smiles.gif

Oh and about the Russian Red, you tell your Gram, "Va va voom!" From me. Very saucy choice. I like your Gram, already.!

When I worked for MAC, my first makeover was on a 74 year old woman. I loved it! BTW, you might want to try creme blush. It tends to work a bit better with mature skin.
smiles.gif

I'm off to call my Gram!
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_whore
That is very cute. I think that statement really represents the strength of women in that generation. They are some tough gals, even if it isn't outwardly apparent. They have been through some tough times, held it all together and appreciate the simple things (like a good lipstick ).

Indeed.
Quite a different time, when the strength of a lady was not measured in how much skin she flashed or how big her bling was.

MizMac

my grandma used to tell me "If you are having a bad day, go buy a new lipstick. Nothing will cheer you up faster than a tube of new lipstick"!!

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
I don't know why but that actually made me kind of tear up a little bit!!
random.php

likewise.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMac
my grandma used to tell me "If you are having a bad day, go buy a new lipstick. Nothing will cheer you up faster than a tube of new lipstick"!!

Ain't that the truth!!!

Thanks for giving me a good reminder of my grandma today, Daisy Dee!

She was a big fan of bright pink lipstick! She died, wow, its been about 14 years now, and one of my cousins still has a tube as a reminder
smiles.gif

Now I'm tearing up a bit, here's to great grandma love. I have no doubt she's in heaven living it up in her bright pink lipstick!

Navessa

what a great thread! there are alot of strong, old women out there and i hope to be one some day!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurachicken
...... I have no doubt she's in heaven living it up in her bright pink lipstick!

That is so sweet.
smiles.gif