I got my 83 y/o grandma into MAC!!!

Glow

I did my grandmothers makeup once and she liked the browns I used. She said she'd consider getting into eyeshadow again as it brightened up her look. For her birthday i'm taking her to MAC to get her a new lipstick.

Tia

aw...sorry to bring back an old thread, but that really hit me hard. My grandmother used to love makeup, especially lipstick. but she had a stroke, and she was in a wheelchair and couldn't do her own makeup anymore. So she had my mom come down and always do her makeup with bright, red lipstick. Then she'd get my grandfather to simply just put on lipstick when my mom wasn't there.
but she got cancer and died a year later, so this kind of made me miss her a lot.

LinzBelle

My grandma as well as my great-grandma was a fan of the high end stuff. She loved everything, and always had it done nicely as well as her nails. I think that's why I have such an obsession now. She gave me her mother's old mother of pearl estee lauder compact before she died. I have it sitting by her picture.

XxTinker_BellxX

aww this is such a sweet thread. Crazy how something as simple as maekup can bring back memories. I loved the comment about how a grandmother was probably in heaven with a mac counter with l/e and d/c items. That is just the sweetest thing.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee
Aww! My Grandma is too! If I ever got upset, she would say, "Put you some lipstick on and get yourself together. You'll feel better."

She LOVES her some RED lipstick!

greengrin.gif

Seriously, they should know!! Lipstick always perks a gal up!

OldSoulsBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMac
my grandma used to tell me "If you are having a bad day, go buy a new lipstick. Nothing will cheer you up faster than a tube of new lipstick"!!

That is completely true. My grandmother (or "Baba", as i called her) was a huge red lipstick lady. I think it's that generation...they really were much stronger than we are. Stronger and simpler.