I got the Costco-Borghese brush set!

foomph

yay!!!!
choochoo.gif

I FINALLY found it in Canada...it's the Borghese by Costco or something like that and there was a 188 in it so I HAD to get it. I washed them and will use them tomorrow and let you know how they work! They also came with a wicked brush roll!

vocaltest

Re: I got the Costco bruch set!

I looooooooooove those brushes! I use them all the time. Saved me lots of money from buying mac brushes lol. The kabuki brush isn't really soft but when its just washed its luuurvely. Enjoy them
smiles.gif

foomph

So I started using them and so far so good! I'm still testing out the "188" for foundation and will report back.

Ms. Z

Is this by the cosmetic company Borghese (which sells at department stores)?

Can someone please post a photo of this set?

gigiopolis

Is this the synthetic brush set? I saw it at Costco for a while but decided not to get it, but now I am tempted.

I have the brush set from last year and I like it a LOT, surprisingly. I love the big flat fluffy eyeshadow brush, it's quite soft. And I use the blush brush quite often although at first I thought it was a strange shape for a blush brush. The only thing I didn't love about it was the foundation brush.

cakes

Here's the stock picture:

picture2mf9.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
Is this by the cosmetic company Borghese (shich sells at department stores)?

kimmy

my dad bought me a set last year, the one that came with a silver hardcase. i love them, they're pretty high quality brushes...i use mine daily, and have been for probably over a year and they barely shed at all. once in a while i get a hair, but that happens even with the super expensive, high end brushes.

mizuki~

OMG! I kept passing these because I thought they sucked. Off to Costco tomorrow to fetch me a set!

KellyBean

The kabuki comes with a shimmer powder which I detatched from the brush. I'll put it into a sifter. Also, you can refill it with whatever powder you want to once you empty the other one.

I kind of had to break off the silver part, then screw it off, then replace it, but the brush itself is still completely usable.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Is this the synthetic brush set? I saw it at Costco for a while but decided not to get it, but now I am tempted.

I have the brush set from last year and I like it a LOT, surprisingly. I love the big flat fluffy eyeshadow brush, it's quite soft. And I use the blush brush quite often although at first I thought it was a strange shape for a blush brush. The only thing I didn't love about it was the foundation brush.

Yes, it's synthetic. I was eyeing it because of the price, but was not sure of the quality. With so many good reviews I may have to pick one up!
th_DANCE.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
Is this by the cosmetic company Borghese (shich sells at department stores)?

Do you mean Bourjois?

gigiopolis

Probably under $25USD since it's around $25CND. I just saw it today...but didn't pick it up because I SERIOUSLY have too many brushes.

How's the softness on the powder brush? Or face brushes in general?

puzoo

Can anyone please comment on the quality of this year's set vs last year's? I bought the 2008 one, but this year all the brushes are synthetic and last year as far as I know most of them were made from natural hair. So, is it comparable to last year's or not? Are natural hair brushes really that much better than synthetic ones?
Since I believe that natural hairs would be better, I kinda wish to get my hands on last year's set, the one that came with the brush cleaning solution, Anyone knows where I can get it? Ebay only has another other set with the fan brush

cakes

I believe it was $21.99 USD.
The price went slightly up from previous years. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I think they were like about 25 bucks for the set..what a deal LOL

Latest posts